Post a screenshot of your linux!

Fresh re-install, probably my best looking desktop to date :cool:

ssap0.jpg

Some of the colors in vim are a little hard to make out, but nothing a little further tweaking couldn't fix.

That's a really cool wallpaper you have there, Boomslang. Where did you find it, and how did you get your windows to appear transparent and dark like that? (*I'm a complete linux noob using. I use Sabayon Linux.*)

Ubuntu Feisty
Nothing special, just for school/work. if only i could get sound! dual boot will have to do for now, its a $500 laptop i cant complain. Rockin xp/vista dual boot on main rig.
Screenshot.png

Just got Ubuntu installed and am configuring it on my Dell m1210. I've never skinned an OS before - I'm very pleased with how it's going thus far!

ScreenshotofnewUbuntuDesktop.png

That's a really cool wallpaper you have there, Boomslang. Where did you find it, and how did you get your windows to appear transparent and dark like that? (*I'm a complete linux noob using. I use Sabayon Linux.*)

Got it from an e-acquaintance who got it from the wallpaper section of 4chan, which probably got it from deviantart but I'm not sure. If you want a link, PM me. Terminal emulator is aterm, which provides the transparency.

Why halo thar. Fancy seeing you here :D

Hallo sir.

ubuntu 7.04 x64 fresh install

Good Vibrations wallpaper from Customize.org
Beryl running with some transparency on the top bar

yes...the wallpaper is weird as hell, but i like it lol.

Well I'm finally waist deep in the world of linux. The only Windows machines in the house are my roomates :D. This is my main Gaming / gen use rig.
snapshot8.png

and this is my Utorrent / web browsing / movies rig
snapshot1.png

Well I'm finally waist deep in the world of linux. The only Windows machines in the house are my roomates :D. This is my main Gaming / gen use rig.
snapshot8.png

and this is my Utorrent / web browsing / movies rig
snapshot1.png

Thank you then I am an asshole then. :)

Here is Ubuntu 7.04 with Beryl, very different from Windows XP I can you now, had to reinstall the nvidia drivers from time to time (dual mode sucks only bad thin, cant wait for the new support for it on the next release), anyone here it is,

Used Wubi to install Ubuntu under windows.

running on rig in sig.

well i though i would finally get around to posting a screenshot of my laptop here. Im running Ubuntu 7.04, and not very much customization, but i think it looks good. What do you guys think?

Screenshot.png

Mind sharing the theme and config files? How did you make the taskbar autohide? What version fluxbox?

The taskbar can be autohidden with ~/.fluxbox/init :
Code:
session.screen0.toolbar.autoHide:       true

Click for wallpaper
Click for theme

Fluxbox version 1.0rc3-p4983-gentoo, handed to me by Gentoo's Portage.

If you want the full .fluxbox/init, let me know.

here's my new setup, Xubuntu 7.04 (xfce window manager) at 1920x1200 (pic resized a bit)....freshly installed just today

xfcedesktop.jpg

I used to be windows man, however Ubuntu got me and the trouble with XP was too much.

on a Dell 4600i - I just opened up a couple of windows so you guys could get a gist of it, the race vehicle used to be red until i changed it wiht GIMP, lolz and I also canvased it with Gimp as you can see. I still am going to remove if I can the logout and shutdown from the start menu if I can in gnome, etc.. I removed a bunch of crud from Ubuntu I didn't need. Also yes the top bottom taskbar is ONLY for the Startup ICONS of programs u know when they minimize as that's the notification trya of course of course. lolz. They go right to left by the way and yes it is transparent, the start button is the green circle, um, well i removed all those icons from showing as you can see in the bottom bottom taskbar and only have some games in there in the games menu and that's it except for places, etc.. which i couldn't remove from the start menu. At the time the Screenshot was taken it was on a BETA ABOUT to be RELEASED version of Ubuntu. named Gutsy Gibbon.

Icons are light n' crispy - borders are Amiga, and so forth.

I have firefox lookin' like IE7 by the way if anyone is interested, and if anyone wants the original i mean modified without the cruddy logo of the place where I got it taken of if I still have it - or the Orginal orginal copy let me know and i'll get it to u also i can get the background I have to u if you want too, just ask.

um.. Yes I have and use Dialup

what u see in the taskbar is rythmbox, KPPP, and glipper i have glipper on startup of coruse. lolz

:p

well that's it for now, hope u enjoy it. :D:

ugh changed the font to Arial freesans suck :/ so now the font on the titile bar look much much clearer also the CD-rom DVD rw thing is wrong it's only a CD-rom/DVD-rom. lolz..

Final Release of Mandriva 2008. Hardly anything configured yet :) This distro release ROCKS. Compiz Fusion out of the box, wireless support that works instantly, nVidia drivers with CORRECT resolutions. No fighting with it what so ever. Not to mention that NTFS is auto configured as well, for those of us who dual boot or like to peek into windows boxes :) I think there was a thread about what you like about different distros, and one of the items mentioned was Bleeding Edge. This has it with NO fuss.

www.mandriva.com

snapshot3.png

Its not much but here it is. Laptop running Ubuntu 7.04 , bitchX & Conky

Screenshot-2.png

here is my screenie

Screenshot.png

a fresh ubuntu 7.10 64-bit install using compiz/clearlook theme

everything is working nicely (totally thrilled about the ntfs support, made converting a breeze), except for the wlan, which is unreliable at best :mad:

Here's my current Ubuntu 7.10 x64 desktop. Conky still has a little work to go but I have plenty of time for that tomorrow :D

screenshotap8.png

Love to see one of the best MP games on Linux (yes, TF2). Too bad my laptop can't handle it. But hey, it's a good thing because I'd be playing in class. :D

Back