Post a screenshot of your linux!

Ubuntu 9.10, Compiz, Awn, and other good stuff.
screenshotlf.png

New install of ubuntu 10.04. Haven't had too much time to customize much other then the desktop and a few toolbar wigits:

It's a few simple tweaks. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with the Darkroom theme borrowed from 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope. The wallpaper and the AXEL image are from my crew(We call ourselves VOCA 13.), we each have a seperate emblem. That is mine, and the wallpaper is my emblem, rotated 25 degrees horizontally and vertically to give a 3D effect, with a laser beam coming out of it.

The widgets are from a program known as "Screenlets," it's the RingSensors, Sysmonitor, NowPlaying, IP, Clear Calender, and numerous other skinnable sensors. I also have the Applications, Places, and Mount screenlet.

I modified the theme to match my chosen colors for VOCA 13, which are that light blue and a dark shade of gray-ish black. (#323232)

The dock to the side is Avant Window Navigator, skinned by me to match the colors as before.

Any more questions?

Pinguy 10.04 1.2 x86-64

Testing this out in comparison to Ubuntu. They're pretty much the same so far, other than the added packages, repositories and other little tweaks that come out of the box for Pinguy.

desk1001.jpg

Pinguy 10.04 1.2 x86-64

Testing this out in comparison to Ubuntu. They're pretty much the same so far, other than the added packages, repositories and other little tweaks that come out of the box for Pinguy.

90% of the ubuntu based distros are just that. Couple package changes, usually multimedia codecs and a new name.

Mint is the only one so far i would really call different.

I just installed Pinguy 10.10 with a dual boot of XP. So far I like it. The drive that I installed it on is quite small, 60 GB. I think I may ghost it to a larger drive. We shall see.

Ion Silverbolt -- would appreciate a link to the background image, esp. if there are different colors available.

Deff -- very clean, literally :D

That wallpaper comes with Xfce. You can make it different colors from within the desktop settings. The file is xfce4gradientcurve.png

What are you using for touchpad drivers? I tried the ones on the MBP + Ubuntu wiki, but they didn't help /that/ much

What are you using for touchpad drivers? I tried the ones on the MBP + Ubuntu wiki, but they didn't help /that/ much

I am using the PPA ones and they work fine for everything, except you have to click and drag with the same finger which gets annoying.

Pinguy 10.04 1.2 x86-64

desk1001.jpg

what infobar is that?

Here's the laptop I'm on right now, Debian Wheezy 64-bit. I pointed out to my wife that if I tried setting like that she'd be calling the ambulance since I wouldn't be able to breathe. :)

30rm9o5.jpg

Back