Possible Woot-off Thursday night

Konrad

Gawd
Just got an e-mail newsletter from Woot. All the typical stuff, but at the end it says they have a lot of products to write about before Thursday night, and they suggested getting a lot of sleep beforehand.
Here's hoping.

cool, hope its true. maybe they'll have better stuff this time. personally, i didn't find too many items in the last woot off to be useful

The last w00t off was so horrible I don't think I'm gonna sink any time into this coming one.

Lolento said:
products from woot has been sucking for some months now...

I got the Toshiba HD upconverting DVD player a couple weeks ago, and although dented on the back, works great. I don't get the pauses in playback which has plagued that model.

i guess i've missed the woot offs.... can anyone explain what it is?

I know all too well about the bandoliers of carrots, but just been unlucky enough to miss them.

Instead of having to wait until the next day to get the next woot, the next woot is put up immediately following the previous one. Quantities are usually much lower (10-500) to allow many more products to go through.

Nice, and me with no jobby... Thanks Earthlink for outsourcing so all your technical supervisors have to go w00t-less!!!! Damn youz!!!!

Sorry I just had to get out the bitterness :) Getting laid-off sux...

-d.

judging from what the woot newsletter said, i gathered that the woot off started tonight and ran on thursday

mobiux said:
judging from what the woot newsletter said, i gathered that the woot off started tonight and ran on thursday

QFT - read it again. It says "OK, we're gonna let you go now, because we've got lots of product to write about before Thursday. Thanks for reading this far - hope you got plenty of sleep last night..."

It was sent on Wednesday, saying hope you got plenty of sleep Tuesday night/Wednesday, so the woot-off should start tonight and run through Thursday, not start on Thursday and run through Friday.

I wish I could get ready for tonight, but I have to teach in the morning!! :( Damn you, woot!

Anyway, the last few woots have been prett sucky... Probably won't miss much.

I aswell would expect it to start tonight. Last thing I bought were some Caviars.. :)

What about the Leakfrog; it freakin rocks!!!
Wait, that mighta' been more than a couple of months...

I think i'm done with woot, too much crap. I still have not bought a single thing from them...I almost bit on the 7900gs video card....glad I didn't since a lot of them were broken and no longer under warranty since they were stolen.

yea, i guess they had a couple of nice ones now and then but just nothing i needed :p

That 7900gs was the only woot I ever wanted, and I've been checking the site for months. Of course it was only up for a couple of hours and I missed it.

The product descriptions are funny, though.

Whipsmack said:
I think i'm done with woot, too much crap. I still have not bought a single thing from them...I almost bit on the 7900gs video card....glad I didn't since a lot of them were broken and no longer under warranty since they were stolen.

they're warrantying those themselves.

Lawl I buy off Wine-woot :D

Woots been "ok" lately...I bought the dvd player...and the microwave :cool:

I was really hoping for a good keyboard...

Oh and I bought the two for tuesday mouse. :p

Lolento said:
products from woot has been sucking for some months now...
It's always been that way...just when you decide not to stay up late anymore they toss in something great for an awesome price to make you want to kick yourself when it's sold out the next morning. :p

edit- I've only wooted twice but I got a Razer Diamondback for $25 and also an awesome little Gamebridge TV for around the same. :cool:

joemama said:
I've only wooted twice but I got a Razer Diamondback for $25 and also an awesome little Gamebridge TV for around the same. :cool:
cool thats the same stuff i bought off woot. Does your gamebridge work? all mine does is freeze my computer whenever I try watching TV on it :(

joemama said:
edit- I've only wooted twice but I got a Razer Diamondback for $25 and also an awesome little Gamebridge TV for around the same. :cool:

I got the mouse - love it, and almost got the gamebridge, but just dont watch tv.....

i would have gotten the 7900gs if I had the cash, and I also got the little xbox wireless adapter thingy that hardocp covered a while back and said cost ~100 bucks... got that for 15 bucks i think

I also received such an email, I'm going to sleep now to prepare for the given woot-off. Going to play video games (old school) in between the crappy products (a freaking sink?!).

So this officially starts tonight after midnight?
If ive never bought something off woot does it take a long time to go through with a purchase or is it pretty simple (enter CC and go?)

Thanks

You'll need to create an account before ordering. It'll allow you to put your information in beforehand, so when you go to order you've only need your CVV code to get your order in.

Ok ill set one up now.. do you know if its going to start tonight or just sometime tomorrow

If they were actually stolen why isn't MSI suing? Was that ever resolved?

MSI isn't suing because Woot didn't actually steal the cards, and they got them from a supplier that according to them is completely reliable and didn't know the cards were stolen. As far as I know, MSI still doesn't know who stole the cards, which is why they haven't sued anyone.

OK guys - whats your favorite woot monitor?
I need one to load on my phoine - an LG V 9800.
I'm using one hosted by zip2know, but I'm sure there are better.

Whipsmack said:
um they weren't stolen and everyone was given an extended TWO YEAR warranty

bahaha.
$140 for a 7900GS easily overclockable to GT speeds and beyond :)

mndeg said:
um they weren't stolen and everyone was given an extended TWO YEAR warranty

bahaha.
$140 for a 7900GS easily overclockable to GT speeds and beyond :)
They weren't stolen by Woot, however they were stolen from MSI by someone.

Back