possible way for searches to return to [H]ard|Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroo

n00b
I'm guessing that the reason that searches have been disabled on this site is because it would take up an absorbent amount of bandwidth. I was looking around and I started to think about one of the products that google puts out. They sell indexing/crawling machines that could probably help this site bring back its search feature. Here you can see the three different models that google puts out.
I would think that this site would probably have to go with the GB-5005, pretty much because it can crawl two collections (one collection for posts after a certain date/ another for more recent threads) and the fact that it can do 150 searches a minute. But odds have it that a GB-1001 could handle hardforum's load.... considering the University of Florida uses a GB-1001 for all they're searches.
If this site already doesn't make enough from new egg's adds, then it could probably take up a collection from people if it meant that people could search again.

just a thought
-micah

This has been suggested and tried to less than stellar results due to the way vBull is organized. The search will be up and running soon, so you needn't look for alternative search sources. If you need further information, PM a mod or Admin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back