Possible to submit form without using javascript and a button?

hitokiri

Limp Gawd
I've been googling to try and find a possible way to make it so a person can submit a form select selection without having to press a "Go" button. All of these searches involved using javascript. Is it possible to do this without using javascript? The site which i'm creating is using php and xhtml.

Thanks

-hito

Maybe put a submit button in the HTML and turn the display to display:none for the style of it. Should just be able to press enter to submit the form.

Thank you for the quick reply, however what i'm truely looking for is a way for a sort of substitution to how javascript can automatically submit a form with use of the onchange on a dropdown menu. The pressing of the enter key is a possible route, however i'm just trying to make it so it's one click on a dropdown menu item and the form is submitted :)

- hito

I think you're pretty much stuck using javascript. Without JS, HTML is static and doesn't actually do anything (ever since we removed the <blink> tag)

no, its not possible. whats wrong with using javascript? if its turned off just have the submit button as a backup, if its turned on use javascript to hide the button.

jizzypop said:
no, its not possible. whats wrong with using javascript? if its turned off just have the submit button as a backup, if its turned on use javascript to hide the button.

there you go...best of both worlds..

Back