Possible to setup video playback so that my TV recognizes 24p/24hz movies from PC?

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Trying to get judder free playback with some blu-ray rips I authored myself, with H.265.

I've got one of those TVs which can detect a 24fps movie and output at 120hz to remove judder. But 60hz is the highest input it will accept.

I'm a pretty advanced user, but I can't figure out how to set things up so that my PC will output a signal that my TV will recognize and properly de-judder.

The TV will accept a 24hz desktop input signal just fine. But the TV doesn't simply recognize it as something to de-judder with "film mode". So when I play a movie like this, its actually even worse. Its better to just use a 60hz desktop signal.

The same movie played direct from the blu-ray on a blu-ray player, flags the TV correctly for smooth playback.

What do I need to get this working?

Typically I use MPV as my video player. Resort to VLC if I have a problem in MPV. But I'm fine using something else, if required.

set it in your player, if it has it. if not, try mpc-hc or be.

1641946016024.png

set it in your player, if it has it. if not, try mpc-hc or be.

View attachment 430858
MPV is meant to be very minimalistic. Technically, you can adjust things through command line. but there doesn't seem to be any options out there for passing 24hz properly to the TV for detection.

VLC might have capability through plugins----but I don't see any settings for it in the default options available.

I will try MPC-BE

I ended up having to use MADVR to get it to work properly. Additionally, MADVR has more accurate video image quality output.

I ended up having to use MADVR to get it to work properly. Additionally, MADVR has more accurate video image quality output.
ok, but idk about that, i stopped using it when i got my 4k tv as i could see it screwing with the image.

Back