Possible to convert RCA to VGA/DVI?

I have a Sceptre NagaIII x20 and their site says I need a special cable to convert component to DVI. I was wondering if there is a way I can plug regular RCA (non-HD, like PS2 and Xbox1) into this monitor using some kind of converter.

Thanks.

Yeah they have lots of those types of products! Just for a VGA box or a DVI transcoder!

I have the first cable, It does net let get any video signal going to the monitor. I tried plugging in my Xbox yellow composit cable to one end, and plugging the other end behind into my LCD and no video signal came up.

Why wont Sceptre answer my question! This is the second email within 3 months that I've sent them an no answer.

I just wanted to point out that the cables suggested will not work because, by inspection of the images, though they have the correct form and number of connectors (3 RCA connectos) the colors are red, green, and blue which means they are meant for (RGB) inputs. The floors from the PS2, XBox, etc are red, white, and yellow. The red and white are audio only and the yellow is the video. That being the case, all the video data is superimposed on a single data cable (thus the term composite) in an encored form (crudest example might be a signal like Morse code) that must be decoded to separate them into individual (RGB) signals to be used by the monitor. This means that a simple cable will not work intuition case but, rather, you need to run it through a device that has "intelligence"; that is, on that is capable of decoding the encored information and then presenting it in the form the monitor requires. This suggests, allbeit, a likely simple IC chip, but in some kind of "converter box" form which I have no doubt exist but will likely cost 3 to 4 (maybe more) times a simple cable/connector scenario. I'm trying to locate just such a device at a price that is reasonable and will not render the effort pointless.

The site changed some of the wording by making assumptions that I didn't catch. A bit annoying!! Hopefully the gist of my post is still intelligable. Sorry about that.

Back