Possible scammer

swiftwind

Gawd
the guy registered on hard forum today. Said he had good feedback on OCN. As soon as I asked him for a PayPal address for invoicing he backed out saying he misread my post.

I reported it to the admins but I don't have any other proof yet. Just be careful who you're dealing with. I don't think I can call him out with no proof(i.e. Post his username), can I? After all it could have have been an honest mistake but since he's new, my gut feeling tells me otherwise.

Either way, just be on the lookout for this guy.

Call me crazy , but I wouldn't deal with anyone who had registered within the last few days .

There is a post count limit for a reason, if people choose to ignore it and start sending PMs to buy and sell, they get what they deserve

True, but in my opinion they shouldn't be able to read the for sale /trade forum until then. This way they can't PM anyone in there.

True, but in my opinion they shouldn't be able to read the for sale /trade forum until then. This way they can't PM anyone in there.

True. But at the end of the day, it's seller's responsibility to weed out the bat-shit obvious scammers like this one.

Would you seriously have considered doing business with that person if he hadn't backed out?

True. But at the end of the day, it's seller's responsibility to weed out the bat-shit obvious scammers like this one.

Would you seriously have considered doing business with that person if he hadn't backed out?
To be honest I wanted to see what his response would be first.

I was invoiced the other day for the first time and read up on it a bit. Looks like it is supposed to protect the seller, so I figured I'd start there.

Call me crazy , but I wouldn't deal with anyone who had registered within the last few days .

There is a post count limit for a reason, if people choose to ignore it and start sending PMs to buy and sell, they get what they deserve

You're Crazy, first time posters are legit.

I agree. If you want to take the risk go ahead but make sure you're protected. I personally ignore PMs from low post count/no heat. In a way it's hypocritical considering one of my first transactions here was me buying a 5850 from someone and I registered and became a community member because of it.

People that don't meet the requirements shouldn't be able to see the F/S section let alone post it in. Fixes alot of problems.

People that don't meet the requirements shouldn't be able to see the F/S section let alone post it in. Fixes alot of problems.

They can see it but they cant post in it. This works fine as long as you do your due diligence. if you dont, well, that's on you, everyone here trades at their own risk. ..

Surveys have shown that we have some of the smartest users of any forum on the net, so we allow them to make their own decisions....not all new users are trolls... :)

Back