Possible NVIDIA RTX 3000 Rollout Schedule Detailed - RTX 3070 and RTX 3060 After September

erek

[H]F Junkie
"The GeForce RTX 3070, or the SKU that succeeds the RTX 2070 Super, could launch a month later, in October 2020, according to the MyDrivers report. The higher-volume performance-segment part, the RTX 3060, or the SKU that succeeds the RTX 2060, could launch only by November, just in time for the Holiday shopping season. The report goes on to state that NVIDIA has discontinued production of the popular RTX 2070 Super, following its decision to stop RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080 Super production, allowing the retail channel to digest existing inventories of these parts."

https://www.techpowerup.com/270667/...etailed-rtx-3070-and-rtx-3060-after-september

According to the report GeForce RTX 3070 is also expected to be released a month later than RTX 3080 series (in October). Additionally, the RTX 3060 series is now expected in November. This would be sooner than RTX x060 2 year launch cadence, since 2060 was released in January 2019.

This is the original GeForce RTX 20 Turing Series launch timeline compared to the rumored RTX 30 Ampere launch schedule:

2018RTX 20 Series2020RTX 30 Series
Rumored NVIDIA GeForce RTX Launch Schedule
August 20Announcement
RTX 2080 Ti / 2080 / 2070
August ?Announcement?
RTX 3080 Ti / 3080 / 3070
September 20Launch
RTX 2080 Ti / 2080
September 17?Launch?
RTX 3080 Ti / 3080
October 17Launch
RTX 2070
October ?Launch?
RTX 3070
...November ?Launch?
RTX 3060
January 7Announcement
RTX 2060
January 14Launch
RTX 2060
Source: MyDrivers

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...adually-launch-between-september-and-november

According to the report GeForce RTX 3070 is also expected to be released a month later than RTX 3080 series (in October). Additionally, the RTX 3060 series is now expected in November. This would be sooner than RTX x060 2 year launch cadence, since 2060 was released in January 2019.

This is the original GeForce RTX 20 Turing Series launch timeline compared to the rumored RTX 30 Ampere launch schedule:

Rumored NVIDIA GeForce RTX Launch Schedule
2018RTX 20 Series2020RTX 30 Series
August 20Announcement
RTX 2080 Ti / 2080 / 2070
August ?Announcement?
RTX 3080 Ti / 3080 / 3070
September 20Launch
RTX 2080 Ti / 2080
September 17?Launch?
RTX 3080 Ti / 3080
October 17Launch
RTX 2070
October ?Launch?
RTX 3070
...November ?Launch?
RTX 3060
January 7Announcement
RTX 2060
January 14Launch
RTX 2060
Source: MyDrivers

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...adually-launch-between-september-and-november
excited?

I can see the 60 series launching early, they need to have something available before AMD launches raytracing capable cards in the sub $350 range.

Yup, since there is competition (in theory) this time, we will likely see a faster launch of the x60 cards like with the 1060 in 2016. It was only 2 months from the 1080 to 1060 whereas the 960 cards launched 4 months after the 970/980 in 2014/15.

Even without AMD in the picture, trying to release the 3060 a bit earlier than 2 years would be a good idea because a pre-Christmas launch will sell a lot more than a post-Christmas one.

Is there anyword yet on successors to the 1600 line? If no direct successor, does this mean that nvidia is introducing ray tracing in their complete product stack?

Even a 2060 is worthless once you turn on heavy amounts of RT. So if RT was the entire product stack, I would expect the lowest member to be better than an RTX 2060 if they are all to be usable.

Even with how great Ampere is hyped up to be, I doubt this will be the case

Lets say Ti is announced in August (for argument sake), can you typically pre-order at the announcement date or do you typically have to wait for release before ordering?

no its still quite true. I'll give 2 shits about DLSS when its more common place.
[/QUOTE]

You opinion is a subjective thing, really useless...DLSS will be one of the key points of this paunch, downplay it you want.

Nvidias been promising you morons for years and not delivering much of anything.

I will play ;)
Such as?

if this schedule holds true, it looks fine to me. im not buying until early november for cyberpunk, and 1-2 months of lead time will let any space invaders show up if theyre going to.

This sounds quite believable. The RTX 2060 (and then 1660 Ti) was delayed because of all the 1060/1070 stock still in the channel that Christmas.
There's no need to delay this go-round.

I'm looking forward to picking one of the 3060s up, to replace my closeout-sale 1060 6gb.

The cards have already been discontinued, so there's no way the release schedules of 3070/3080 will be any later. The 3060 by November also allows them to have a comparable-to-console card out there for around $300.

Last edited:
I just want to know when the best (3080Ti?) of those new cards is coming, how much it costs, and what I can expect from it.
Probably the best will come out first, so all the people with the itch will pay big money. Usually how Nvidia rolls.

Meh, who care WHEN. I want to know HOW MUCH, as in how many plasma donating trips will this cost? :p

On the top of my head I can name these DLSS 2.0 games:

Control
Deliver Us the Moon
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Death Stranding

I am sure there are more...

DLSS games you can play right now:
  • Death Stranding
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Anthem
  • Battlefield V
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Metro Exodus
  • Control
  • Deliver Us The Moon
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood
  • Bright Memory
  • Mechwarrior V: Mercenaries

DLSS games on the way:
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Atomic Heart
  • Watch Dogs: Legion
  • Justice
  • JX3
  • Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
  • Amid Evil
  • Stormdivers
  • The Forge Arena
  • We Happy Few
  • Kinetik
  • Outpost Zero
  • Overkill’s The Walking Dead
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
  • Remnant from the Ashes
  • Scum
  • Darksiders III
  • Dauntless
  • Fear the Wolves
  • Fractured Lands
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Hitman 2
  • Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale
  • ARK: Survival Evolved

And thus we can conclude that "one game" or "two games" at best is trolling...hopefully ignorance...because deliberate lies would just be sad.

Most of those aren't DLSS 2.0 AFAIK. It'll be cool to see it implemented in more games, but I wouldn't call it essential yet. Once you get more of those games with DLSS 2.0 or 3.0+ it'll become important.

Nvidia will still most likely be the leader this generation, I don't see AMD making up that much ground. Would be nice to be surprised though.

Most of those aren't DLSS 2.0 AFAIK. It'll be cool to see it implemented in more games, but I wouldn't call it essential yet. Once you get more of those games with DLSS 2.0 or 3.0+ it'll become important.

Nvidia will still most likely be the leader this generation, I don't see AMD making up that much ground. Would be nice to be surprised though.

Most on that list (if you include upcoming) are DLSS 2.0 - all the upcoming ones will be at least DLSS 2.0 with many existing ones offering DLSS 2.0

Most on that list (if you include upcoming) are DLSS 2.0 - all the upcoming ones will be at least DLSS 2.0 with many existing ones offering DLSS 2.0

I'm talking about existing and right now. I personally do not care for any promises Nvidia makes, RT was non-existent for a long time and only recently became practical with DLSS 2.0. Day 1 performance matters to me, everything later down the road is just a bonus.

I'm talking about existing and right now. I personally do not care for any promises Nvidia makes, RT was non-existent for a long time and only recently became practical with DLSS 2.0. Day 1 performance matters to me, everything later down the road is just a bonus.
I'm trying to find a point in here somewhere. Consider that any new tech had to begin somewhere - meaning it starts with a few titles and begins iterating.

The reality is, the new Nvidia GPU's will be perpetually sold out regardless of RTX and DLSS. Nonsensical nitpicks about "well not every game has DLSS 2.0 yet" are irrelevant.

I'm trying to find a point in here somewhere. Consider that any new tech had to begin somewhere - meaning it starts with a few titles and begins iterating.

The reality is, new Nvidia GPU's will be perpetually sold out regardless of RTX and DLSS. Nonsensical nitpicks about "well not every game has DLSS 2.0 yet" are irrelevant.

Someone above said it was some essential feature, it really isn't yet in my opinion. I don't buy promises.

Someone above said it was some essential feature, it really isn't yet in my opinion. I don't buy promises.

Fair enough, I do not like buying on promises either. However, the tech is proven and is already doing amazing things that I did not think were possible couple of years ago. And in my opinion, the future of graphical development will be driven by AI image reconstruction. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I could be totally off - but it is for these reasons that I will be buying 3080 Ti as soon as it is available.

Hopefully people are more abck to work in two months. If they aren't, it'll make me grabbing a 3080Ti so much easier.

Let me start by saying playing Control with RT and DLSS2 was amazing, and made the 2080 Ti worth it.

However, buying a card for over a grand, then waiting 2 years to get, what, 2 games actually deliver the promise Nvidia said. Kind of a tough sell.

Hopefully with the new cards, there will be enough games with support so people aren't waiting. And, of course, Cyberpunk 2077 is just about as killer as a killer app can get.

that would be pretty cool if Nvidia releases 3 different Ampere models before Cyberpunk 2077 launches on November 19th...I wonder if Nvidia is scared of Big Navi undercutting them

Let me start by saying playing Control with RT and DLSS2 was amazing, and made the 2080 Ti worth it.

However, buying a card for over a grand, then waiting 2 years to get, what, 2 games actually deliver the promise Nvidia said. Kind of a tough sell.

Hopefully with the new cards, there will be enough games with support so people aren't waiting. And, of course, Cyberpunk 2077 is just about as killer as a killer app can get.

One of the reasons I've kept my 1080 as long as I have was that I expected the ramp time for RT would be long enough that relatively few games would come out using it before the next generation cards launched.

I will probably go with a 3060 if it has 8GB. I'm happy with my 2060, but the 6gb does limit me in some tasks (davinci resolve). Either that or pick up a used 2070.

Possible roll-out dates for "big" Ampere cards

(no confirmation of date for RTX 3060 tho)

https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidi...ps-up-to-24gb-of-vram.1997795/post-1044679960

Possible memory & launch dates for the Ampere series cards via Wccftech sources!!

(Edit: forgot the link https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvid...s-partial-specs-and-tentative-launch-schedule )

NVIDIA Ampere GPUs Partial Specs And Launch Dates
Board IDReplacement ClassvRAMBus WidthLaunch Schedule
PG132-102080 Ti24 GB384 bit2H Sept.
PG132-202080 Super20 GB320 bit1H Oct. (Big Navi killer?)
PG132-302080 Super10 GB320 bitMid. Sept.
PG142-02070 Super16 GBTBD 256? bitTBD
PG142-102070 Super8 GB256 bit2H Sept.
PG190-102060 Super8 GB256 bitTBD (nov?)

Lets say Ti is announced in August (for argument sake), can you typically pre-order at the announcement date or do you typically have to wait for release before ordering?

Normally, you need to wait to the hard launchbto order, although nV has a waiting system for their FE versions right after announcement.

That's just it. I see the potential of DLSS and RT, but with the handful of game that support it, and the current less-than-impressive implementation in those games, I don't see it as a draw to buy a card (and certainly not pay a premium).

Proprietary Physx was more widespread than RT at this point after it was released than Ray Tracing -- it wasn't worth it then.

Normally, you need to wait to the hard launchbto order, although nV has a waiting system for their FE versions right after announcement.

Do you have a link to that? I searched around their site and found nothing. Thanks!

That's just it. I see the potential of DLSS and RT, but with the handful of game that support it, and the current less-than-impressive implementation in those games, I don't see it as a draw to buy a card (and certainly not pay a premium).

Proprietary Physx was more widespread than RT at this point after it was released than Ray Tracing -- it wasn't worth it then.

I just see them as decent perks and considering AMD doesn't really give you and better value cards at any price segment other than the still-awesome $100ish budget price point for a RX 580 or so, it's enough to push me to Nvidia just for the few games I've played with RT and DLSS support since they're pretty good games. Personally I see DLSS as a much bigger perk than RT as well since it can and probably will do a lot to prolong the life of the current cards as more games support it, compared to previous cards that never got any significant performance-enhancing perks outside of minor driver improvements.

Back