Possible NVIDIA RTX 3000 Rollout Schedule Detailed - RTX 3070 and RTX 3060 After September

Do you have a link to that? I searched around their site and found nothing. Thanks!

Cleaning out the cobwebs, I don't think the link for the FEs Pascal or Turing became available until a few minutes after the actual announcement. A few of us with the "secret" path/magic word know how to get on a list a bit earlier.

That said, you can pre-order and then once the real reviews are released, you can quickly cancel your pre order. This is what I did when I saw the 2080 had little to no gain over the 1080 Ti for $100 more. I don't really see a shortage situation with the Ampere release, however, since many people (including myself) will be waiting for a few weeks to see how RDNA 2 looks (whereas Turing was released with no competition whatsoever).

21 days to go for the launch (of the RTX 2180 ti card !? )

Keep in mind we still don't have confirmation of the final nomenclature of the cards and while all evidence points to it being the RTX 30XX series, it could be something different as well (like the RTX 21XX series for example). NVIDIA has been known to skip nomenclature generations every now and then (ahem - GTX 880 - ahem) and it wouldn't surprise us at all if the company decided to call its cards something different.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-teases-next-generation-ampere-gpus-begins-countdown-to-august-31/amp/

Looks like it is going to be a fun Winter, I need a new Threadripper system, and I eagerly look forward to seeing what AMD and NVidia are actually bringing to the table in terms of cards.

Looks like it is going to be a fun Winter, I need a new Threadripper system, and I eagerly look forward to seeing what AMD and NVidia are actually bringing to the table in terms of cards.

Very big fall/winter. Ampere, RNDA 2, and Zen 3. Only thing missing is new CPU core from Intel. Rocket Lake in early 2021?

Very big fall/winter. Ampere, RNDA 2, and Zen 3. Only thing missing is new CPU core from Intel. Rocket Lake in early 2021?
Maybe, I expect Intel to have started on a Chiplet designs, that would go a long way to improving their 10nm production woe's and tie in nicely to their 7nm stuff. The benefits at this stage greatly outweigh the negatives especially if you are production constrained.

But even if Intel did and it was a superior chip, I am locked to AMD for the next bit, I have replaced all my Xeon VM hosts with Epyc's and I can't get a live migration to work across the architectures correctly so for DR reasons my workstations and servers are AMD until that changes or I do a full server refresh.

Back