Possible? Nvida and ATI Video Card installed on same PC

beyonddc

Limp Gawd
I want to setup 3 monitors.

Right now I only have a single ATI HD 3850 pci-xpress that is connected with two LCDs.

I have an extra PCI Nvidia card lying around, is it possible to just connect that and setup a 3rd monitor?

Thanks

Whether you want PhysX or not, this may be of use. (Don't know if it would work with a PCI card though. Never tried this myself.)

I'm doing it right now. I've got a 5870 as my primary and a GTS250 for Physx. The process has even gotten easier in recent months. You just install both drivers and run the PhysX patch and you're off and running. Previous versions required you to have spoofed multiple monitors and were a little wonky. Now it just works. You don't even need the Nvidia extra software anymore.

Sorry, what is PhysX?

The Nivida card I have is very old. I have to say it is either a GeForce FX or GeForce MX, and it is a PCI card, not PCI-xpress.

I need help.

I bought a new graphic card, ATI Radeon HD 5450. My current video card is ATI Radeon HD 3850.

When I plugged my new video card into the 2nd PCI-E slot, my computer didn't recognize. What I mean is my computer doesn't even recognize that a new device has been installed.

I am currently using Windows 7 64 bits and my motherboard is MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA. Yes I know, my motherboard is Nivida SLI capable but I just don't need it so I decided to have 2 ATIs card instead.

Thanks!

Got it working now. Apparently I have to enable SLI manually in the motherboard even though I'm not using SLI.

Back