Possible Kitguru leak - Ryzen 2 Feb launch, 12 cores and 4.6Ghz?

TDP did matter a lot when certain people believed the marketing "95W" was real. I recall correcting then the wrong claims made by chiparchitect, when he took that 95W marketing to pretend that RyZen was more efficient than 140W Broadwell-E.

No one praised RyZen for being more efficient than "its competitor", because it is not more efficient. The 7900x is more efficient than the 1800X and ties with the 1700X, contrary to your claims,

getgraphimg.php

When Ryzen launched the 7900 and 8xxx series didn't exist.
That's where I'm going with this.

P.s. what the fuck is that graph lol come on man.

You're going to complain about bias and then compare an HEDT part to a consumer part?

You're the pot calling the kettle black here.

It was/is for a while the closest comparison as Intel doesn't believe in 8 cores and they are often used in similar workloads. 8 core vs 10 core. People looking at Ryzen for HEDT/workstation also considered the 7900x.

It was/is for a while the closest comparison as Intel doesn't believe in 8 cores and they are often used in similar workloads. 8 core vs 10 core. People looking at Ryzen for HEDT/workstation also considered the 7900x.

It's 'was' (maybe?), not 'is', and Threadripper is your comparison point for Intel HEDT platforms. No reason to be disingenuous here.

When Ryzen launched the 7900 and 8xxx series didn't exist.
That's where I'm going with this.

P.s. what the fuck is that graph lol come on man.

LOL You are the one that is comparing 7900X to RyZen

Ryzen 1700x/1800x is almost 1/3rd of the power of a 7900x and only 25% less performance.. max OC to Max OC or stock to stock, regardless it makes the 7900x look like a power sucking chip.

but what you say is plain wrong because the 7900X is more efficient than the 1800X and ties with the 1700X. Check the efficiency graph.

Broadwell-E did exist when RyZen launched and Broadwell was more efficient than RyZen as well. Check the efficiency graph. Even the 10-core Broadwell-E is more efficient than the 1800X/1700X.

Back