Possible [H]ot Deals: CompUSA store closings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to edit what I posted a moment ago. I rattled on a bit about stuff I'm sure was mentioned a million times in this thread. Guess no point in that...

Anyway, I stopped by the Mesa Arizona CompUSA one last time. Was really nothing much left. So they'll probably be closing the doors very soon.

But I did get one last kick out of the used 15 inch CRT monitors that appeared to have been used by the store for many years with $100 price tags on them. Wow.

Anyway, buh-bye CompUSA. :)

parsippany NJ store closed yesterday (monday). Everything was sold, no product left in the store.

Well let's see.... I was in the Ft Worth store on Friday 05/04, they had a sign saying "4 days left", so they should close today 05/08. The Arlington store had a sign "11 days left", so they should have 1 week left.

Cleaner did they have any of the Barracuda soundcards left? I was thinking of snagging one of those.

I didn't see any soundcards, but then again, I wasn't really looking for soundcards. They only had a little bit of lame stuff left- the stuff that was maybe worthwhile:

Netgear 16 and 24 port gigabit switches
A few draft-N wireless routers
Vista Business and Home Basic
Office for Mac
Final Cut Pro for Mac
Belkin 4x4 USB thing- can share 4 USB devices with 4 PCs

The video cards were lame- X1300, X1600, X1950 Pros were $180!. No CPU deals, flash memory was not that cheap (8GB Sandisk Extreme III for $200!).

The Monster cellphone car charger was a deal, as is all of the cases and holsters for cellphones, ipods and the like. 70% off.

i got all excited about this but like most of their shit still isnt even a good deal!! i just want to grab the CEO and shake him and be like GOD DAMN IT YOU MORON WE HAVE NEWEGG!!! what makes you think people will just keep on paying 3x the price for something that we can buy online ourselves???!

even in a store closing friendly they couldn't manage to set reasonable prices-as the previous poster said about the $100 CRTs, so much stuff was still overpriced to the very bitter end. I just don't know what they're thinking!

Ok, I gotta make a quick brag... sadly the deal is in the trunk of my DD and I took the fun ride to work today so no pics

I went to the Princeton store to see what was left. Last weekend there was still lots and lots of stuff left. Yesterday there was NOTHING. I did howerver, find the control board for video switching. Included on that board was a large AC/DC convertor that puts out 13.8v. Very heavy duty with heatsinks and all. Plus there were lots of these small circuit boards mounted to it (not sure how to use them) and a few nice RCA cables.

Price?
$5 :D

i got all excited about this but like most of their shit still isnt even a good deal!! i just want to grab the CEO and shake him and be like GOD DAMN IT YOU MORON WE HAVE NEWEGG!!! what makes you think people will just keep on paying 3x the price for something that we can buy online ourselves???!

even in a store closing friendly they couldn't manage to set reasonable prices-as the previous poster said about the $100 CRTs, so much stuff was still overpriced to the very bitter end. I just don't know what they're thinking!
well, people ARE buying the overpriced products. So it makes sense to keep them overpriced if they're still selling.
not everyone knows about newegg :)

This is what I have been waiting on, but the Houston store on FM1960 sold out of them when they were only 25% off. :mad: Let's see, 25% off of $299 versus $170 from Newegg... :rolleyes:

Novi, MI had them until 40% off (and over a week @ 40% off) - was waiting to see if they'd last 'till 60 - they didn't.

yesterday i went to radio shack for some electrical components, and i saw kingston valueram for sale... they had pc2-4200 1 gig for over 150 dollars, i kid you not... hmm thats.. wait thats... 50 dollars from newegg?!

...in conclusion, radio shack can suck a nut

I was hoping to grab some 100packs of DVD-R's for like $5-10...

They used to be $25 for a 100pack... the price went up to $40 with a 40% discount... :confused: Do they think we're that stupid?

They were trying to pawn off power cables and other misc crap laying around for ridiculous prices... Stuff you get for FREE with monitors and printers they were asking for... I think I saw a VGA cable for $40

I tried to do the same thing, but I could not bring myself to pay for stuff that I really don't want and I can't sell :( I went to Utica, MI CompUSA and they had very few things left a bunch of wirless N adapters PCI and PCMCIA. The guy there did not want to let them go for less than the 80% off so no deal.

Oh well. I guess I saved a few bux today. :p I was hoping for some $5-$10 ram, but none left. Cases and mobos went right away areound here.

I scored some nice stuff yesterday, got a Razer Keyboard for $60 and a Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card for $120. My buddy was one happy camper.

I'll return today as they have a desktop and a lcd tv that im interested in if the price drops a little more.

Went to the store in San Ramon/Dublin Whatever...and all was left was manuals/books, King Kong Game(that recently came out), bunch of generic network cards(laptop), and other accessories.

Troy is still open, I was just there yesterday lol. It said open for 8 more days.

edit: unless... they closed today and the signs were old?

The store nearest me, I think it's in Hurst, TX, is closing in 8 days. Still overpriced and nothing but junk laying about.

When the Irving store closed a few month's back it was the same deal. I got a Harmony 880 for the same price as the lowest internet price, but that was it.

Well let's see.... I was in the Ft Worth store on Friday 05/04, they had a sign saying "4 days left", so they should close today 05/08. The Arlington store had a sign "11 days left", so they should have 1 week left.

I might go to the FW store tomorrow (Wed.) if the weather holds up since I'll be in the area. If I try to go, I'll report back if the store is still open.

What stores in the DFW / Dallas Ft. Worth area are still open with closing sales?

My Klipsch 4.1 sub just went out and I need a replacement.

Is the store on Tollway and Beltline near Addison still open?

Troy is still open, I was just there yesterday lol. It said open for 8 more days.

Well, when i drove through the parking lot yesterday, there was no more % off signs in the window, only single sheets that said "Store Closed".. unless they wuz fibbin.

Well, when i drove through the parking lot yesterday, there was no more % off signs in the window, only single sheets that said "Store Closed".. unless they wuz fibbin.

I was at Troy on Saturday - the signs said 2 days left, and judging by what they had left there was no reason to stay open any longer - they were cleaned right out.

I drove past there and it was closed.... Maybe they adjusted their hours now as they basically have nothing left.

Went to the Auburn hills, Mi store today. Picked up a HP media Vault (300GB) for $170. I always wanted one for me and the wife, so it was a decent buy. They had 2 left. They also had some weird Vpro PC's and a Mac G5 for %40 off.

Everything else is pretty picked over. Funny thing is that they have a TON of Mac games.

I just went there too (auburn Hills). Its like an addiction. You know there is nothing there but you have to try. :p I bought a 7900GS for $125 and a 3200+ 939 processor for $33. I don't know what I am going to do with them since I don't have a 939 or PCI-express mobo.

Also I bought one of their used back room computers. This was a good deal.

17"LCD no stand
Samsung ML-1740 Laser printer
Logitech X230 speakers
KB+mouse
Gateway 500GR computer
all for $110

They still had a 7600GT and other random things. Still overpriced memory too. GPS and satellite radio crap.

Went to the Auburn hills, Mi store today. Picked up a HP media Vault (300GB) for $170. I always wanted one for me and the wife, so it was a decent buy. They had 2 left. They also had some weird Vpro PC's and a Mac G5 for %40 off.

Everything else is pretty picked over. Funny thing is that they have a TON of Mac games.

I just went there too (auburn Hills). Its like an addiction. You know there is nothing there but you have to try. :p I bought a 7900GS for $125 and a 3200+ 939 processor for $33. I don't know what I am going to do with them since I don't have a 939 or PCI-express mobo.

17"LCD no stand
Logitech X230 speakers
KB+mouse
Gateway 500GR computer
all for $110

They still had a 7600GT and other random things. Still overpriced memory too. GPS and satellite radio crap.

How much were their desktop machines discounted that they have piled in the middle of the floor? Are they up to 40% off now or more?

It depends which stores you go to. The closer they are to closing, the better the discount. The one closest to me is still only 40 to 60% off, with computers only at 20% off.

It depends which stores you go to. The closer they are to closing, the better the discount. The one closest to me is still only 40 to 60% off, with computers only at 20% off.

I was referring to the store they visited today.

17"LCD no stand
Logitech X230 speakers
KB+mouse
Gateway 500GR computer
all for $110

Hehe, you must have been there right after me. I saw that package there, was a pretty sweet deal. Too bad that screen had no base. Should wall mount it.

How much were their desktop machines discounted that they have piled in the middle of the floor? Are they up to 40% off now or more?

%40 off there now.

Hehe, you must have been there right after me. I saw that package there, was a pretty sweet deal. Too bad that screen had no base. Should wall mount it.

%40 off there now.

Woot. Time to go pickup a cheap media center pc for the other tv :)

$349 Blu-ray burners @ Dearborn, Michigan. There is a stack of 5 left all caged up. I think they might have been Sony drives, didn't get a good look at them since they were all stacked up behind stuff.

Has the percentage gone up at the Arlington, TX store yet? I'd hate to drive all the way over there just to find out it hasn't changed.

I am not sure. i was having trouble just finding out what was in some of those boxes. Some had tags some not. It was like going to CompUSA in Berlin after WWII. Pieces of store everywhere everyone looks like the walking dead...selling incomplete computer equipment for rock bottom prices. :confused:

The one on Route 10 in East Hanover closes on the 14th.

There's a sign posted that says today and tomorrow they have 50-70% off, Friday and Saturday 60-80%, and Sunday 70-90%

The one on Route 10 in East Hanover closes on the 14th.

There's a sign posted that says today and tomorrow they have 50-70% off, Friday and Saturday 60-80%, and Sunday 70-90%
Anything left in that store besides shelving, registers and lights?

Anything left in that store besides shelving, registers and lights?
Not much, just some PC and Xbox games, laptops, flash media (although nothing over 1gb), misc. networking stuff, and console accessories. There's other stuff too, but nothing really specific or that I can remember.

Yea CompUSA employee shirts, pants, and underwear...:D

I dare someone to speak to the manager and ask how much for the employees (as they say everything in the store is for sale)

I would pay extra if it's a hot employee ;)

I dare someone to speak to the manager and ask how much for the employees (as they say everything in the store is for sale)

I would pay extra if it's a hot employee ;)

I am sure you can get a couple of dudes for 50% off, if that's how you roll :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back