Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Trailer

Sweet, I can't wait to see what people come up with.

OTOH, I can see a bunch of people making unsolvable maps to troll everyone.

I hope they require the user to complete their puzzle before being able to submit it.

It'll be interesting to see how organized these maps will be. Could be very neat, or a unmanaged disaster.

Always thought they were too short, seems half the game is spent teaching you the mechanics of the game.

Fan-made puzzles would be fun, I know most would be pretty complicated.

Funny to see how many "bogus" stuff people put in, making you scratch your head... cause you don't have to use half of it:)

I wish I could code things just as easily as pounding one hand up and down on my keyboard...

So looks like The Sims... but instead of inane things like taking a shit and going to work jobs, you can actually play through your creation?

So looks like The Sims... but instead of inane things like taking a shit and going to work jobs, you can actually play through your creation?

I'm pretty sure the actual addon doesn't have all the little guys working at computers...

It's just a level creator/editor.

Sweet, I can't wait to see what people come up with.

OTOH, I can see a bunch of people making unsolvable maps to troll everyone.

I hope they require the user to complete their puzzle before being able to submit it.

there's really no way to check for this, only practical solution would be some sort community driven rating system. wasted time is inevitable, any sort of 'completion check' is just more data that could be manipulated by anyone who actually wants to get past it.

what I'm really looking forward to is how this will likely fast track any organised series or mini-campaign projects, I would love to see another 'portal prelude' or some such. this was pretty slow going and took forever to release for the first version when they didn't really have the proper tools.

Can't wait...but I am still stuck at the top of the builds inside the cave...with white,red,blue paint.... so I might suck at hard puzzles.

Also, I totally noticed the dude watching pr0n the first time I saw it... I think that says something about me, I'm just not sure I wanna know what!

That's a really smart and simple idiot check. Shouldn't be too hard to implement and would weed out a lot of trolling.

What happens if the guy who tests the map is a Portal pro... still going to troll a lot of people.

What happens if the guy who tests the map is a Portal pro... still going to troll a lot of people.

You mean like a huge level that consists of ten minutes of flying without touching the floor?

If that's the case we might actually get a puzzle game with some difficulty instead of the scripted linear corridor stroll for 10 year olds and console players that was Portal 2 single player.

There's no feeling of achievement if there's never a risk of failure.

Back