Portal 2 Best Buy PS3/360 - $45, PC $35

I bought the PS3 version and it awesome. The short of it is, a free Mac/PC copy is included in the PS3 version. 2 for1. I knew Valve was including a free PC code for the game, but I didn't think it would work stand alone. It does.

My PC and PS3 play together in coop mode. Only needed 1 PS3 copy to accomplish this.

For those interested, here's what you need.

1. Two PSN accounts.

2. Two Steam accounts

3. From the PS3, while running Portal 2, link PSN account #1 and Steam account #1. Then log out of both.

4. From the PS3, while running Portal 2, link PSN account #2 with Steam account #2.

5. From the PC, go into Steam and activate the voucher code included with the PS3 version of Portal 2. For me, this is Steam account #1.

As long as my PS3 is logged into PSN account #2, a player on the PS3 can play Portal 2 in coop with me on the PC.

Simple, right? :D

Last edited:
I bought the PS3 version and it awesome. The short of it is, a free Mac/PC copy is included in the PS3 version. 2 for1. I knew Valve was including a free PC code for the game, but I didn't think it would work stand alone. It does.

My PC and PS3 play together in coop mode. Only needed 1 PS3 copy to accomplish this.

For those interested, here's what you need.

1. Two PSN accounts.

2. Two Steam accounts

3. From the PS3, while running Portal 2, link PSN account #1 and Steam account #1. Then log out of both.

4. From the PS3, while running Portal 2, link PSN account #2 with Steam account #2.

5. From the PC, go into Steam and activate the voucher code included with the PS3 version of Portal 2. For me, this is Steam account #2.

As long as my PS3 is logged into PSN account #2, a player on the PS3 can play Portal 2 in coop with me on the PC.

Actually, what about psn account 1 and steam account 1. You never said what happens to those after? You just log onto psn account 2 and on the comp play steam account 2.

Actually, what about psn account 1 and steam account 1. You never said what happens to those after? You just log onto psn account 2 and on the comp play steam account 2.
Sorry, I meant Steam account #1 in number five of my above post. I have corrected the mistake.

As far as I know you have to be on two separate accounts in order to play together.

Last edited:
So I picked up my copy at bestbuy, the points didn't show up on myrewardszone so I tried to add the transaction and it said it can't be found. It take a while or did I lose out on those points?

So I picked up my copy at bestbuy, the points didn't show up on myrewardszone so I tried to add the transaction and it said it can't be found. It take a while or did I lose out on those points?
Give it a few days at least.

If it still doesn't show after a bit, call up RZ and explain. Their CSR's usually are pretty generous and will make you whole on something like this. Just be friendly when talking to them and you should be OK.

Yea, it takes up tp 30 days to show. That way if you return it, they don't have to worry about you having spent the points.

Yea it takes about 35 days for it to show, which is normal for a best buy purchase. (That way you cant use the points and return the item.)

Just got an Email, its on backorder. Gonna call tomorrow and see if a local store has it in stock.

I bought the PS3 version and it awesome.
Yeah, Portal 2 kicks so much ass. Everyone who's seen it at my house is loving it!

Sidenote: my biggest concern today has been whether to activate the PC version or sell it off for $30 :)

Sidenote: my biggest concern today has been whether to activate the PC version or sell it off for $30 :)
Be careful with that. Whomever you would sell it to would need to link their Steam account to a PSN account before that activation code would work.

At least that's my understanding.

I ordered mine last week and got a backorder notification today... stupid. They sent me a tracking number already and overnighted me the effing $10 BB gift card.

Oh, well -- I'm not in a big hurry....

I ordered mine last week and got a backorder notification today... stupid. They sent me a tracking number already and overnighted me the effing $10 BB gift card.

Oh, well -- I'm not in a big hurry....

Same. It's finals week next week anyway, it's probably for the better. I wonder what happens if I cancel, will they bill me for the gift card they already sent me?

Best buy is pretty retarded though, what kind of company lets you preorder a game and then sends it to you 1-2 weeks after the release date?

Be careful with that. Whomever you would sell it to would need to link their Steam account to a PSN account before that activation code would work.

At least that's my understanding.
What's there to "be careful" about?

Anyone can create a PSN account from the PC and also log into Steam via those PSN credentials on the PC.

What's there to "be careful" about?

Anyone can create a PSN account from the PC and also log into Steam via those PSN credentials on the PC.
Yep, that's ticket. As long as the buyer knows this info, I say go for it!

Prices are back at $60 and $50 respectively. Deal is dead.

Also, my backordered "pre-order" copy was sent out by Best Buy today finally. Also, sent by a shipping company I'd never heard of, Streamlite.

Just got my gift card today and confirmed my 500 points on top of the 34 points for the game and another 34 points for using my Best Buy credit card. 568 points total

$15 for a newly released game ftw

My BB GC just arrived in the mail. I'm tempted to take it to the store to see if they will apply it to the game....
Posted via Mobile Device

I got my GC today and an email saying they had shipped the game. *didn't have the instore pickup option*

e: rewardzone shows something pending, purchase for 0.00 dollars, I'm guessing the gift card, the points for the game are still MIA

Last edited:
My points are still pending even though I got the $10 gift card on Wednesday. Looks like this under Account Overview:

3Nl8t.jpg

Oh well not too worried as long as I get the points I am supposed to. :)

I have been trying to check my reward zone account for days but it says the site is down. Anyone else getting this?

If I click the yellow question mark it shows that I am only going to get 34 points. Guess I'll have to call them to get the 500.

Is everyone having to call them for their points?
I am curious because mine aren't showing up either.

Is everyone having to call them for their points?
I am curious because mine aren't showing up either.

I ordered the game last Sunday and the points are showing up as pending. 34 points for the money spent and 500 points for portal 2 preorder.

edit: forgot to mention the 5% cashback through shopdiscover.com also posted... in the end I paid $15.36 total. I hope there's a deal like this for DNF!

Last edited:
Back