Portal 2 - 50% off on Steam

It it ok to start a group buy? Or do I need to do that somewhere else?

*edit*

I'm covered. No more pms please.

Last edited:
Got portal 2 in my steam account now ;)

Last edited:
I am showing my disapproval of Valve's recent bullshit re: item trading, the utter ruination of TF2, and numerous other awful policy decisions by not purchasing this until it is absolutely in the bargain bin.

I am showing my disapproval of Valve's recent bullshit re: item trading, the utter ruination of TF2, and numerous other awful policy decisions by not purchasing this until it is absolutely in the bargain bin.
yeah FUCK EA!

lol

sorry i thought it was funny. i want to bite, but really portal wasn't worth the full price I paid and I think i'll wait until this is 5 bucks or so. I haven't had the urge to play it so I can wait another year or so.

My30x.png

i'll wait for $7.50. possibly $10 if it comes up this winter.

What DLC ?

As is shown in the post under yours, it's the Peer Review DLC which is included with the game.

From RPS:

Rock said:
Valve send word that their free DLC for Portal 2 will arrive on October 4th. Man, I totally already said all that in the headline! Here’s what I didn’t say, which was what Valve said: “In “Peer Review”, you and a friend will continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as you puzzle your way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS. The DLC also features a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and leaderboards to compare Challenge Mode scores with friends and the Portal community.

Hope that answers your question.

i'll wait for $7.50. possibly $10 if it comes up this winter.

For those who want to wait, no doubt that the game will go on sale this winter -- considering how well Portal 2 has done, I would not be surprised to see a lower price. However, this remains an interesting offer on what many would agree is a good game.

Last edited:
Nabbed Portal 1 when it was free a couple weeks ago and got hooked. Smart move on their part, because I'm going to jump on this now.

I really should, but I'm so backlogged that I'm sure it'll be 14.99 or even 7.50 by the time I have a chance to get around to playing it.

Damn, I spent $25 on this not long ago.

Oh well, it was worth it. :cool:

I spent 40 on Portal 2 in the pre-order 2 pack, and have no regrets about that price. Great game, MUCH longer than the original, and the co-op is a fun time killer for a good couple of hours. And now free DLC?

Not trying to sound like a Valve fanboy here, but I can't think of any other developers or publishers nowadays offering free DLC AND a sale for their product. It's basically unheard of.

15 bucks is a great price for this game.

I am up for buying this if someone else wants to get in on it also let me know. Let save the 2.49

i loved portal one I didn't really get in to portal 2 too much. Great deal though if people don't have the game yet. Coop is pretty fun for a short run anyway.

Picked up Portal 2 for $15. An amazing game at an amazing price. Always glad to support Valve.

I haven't even played Portal 1 yet (which I got when they were giving it away).

I'll wait till its $5

same here. i got mines when i bought the orange box and it came in the package and I still a big back log of games to play.

This game is so worth the $15. I am having a ton of fun so far.
Cosigned. Having just played Portal for the first time a couple weeks ago, I went into this expecting roughly the same thing but maybe 1.5x the length. Instead, it's more akin to a full-blown HL2 sequel without the guns. Damn good deal.

Though, I have to admit: for all the effort this must've taken, I wish they'd just done HL3 instead. :p

Back