Portal 2 - 50% off on Steam

I paid 50 bucks for it on release and feel I got my moneys worth. 15 is as good as it gets, well, next to stealing it from Shaq.

Cosigned. Having just played Portal for the first time a couple weeks ago, I went into this expecting roughly the same thing but maybe 1.5x the length. Instead, it's more akin to a full-blown HL2 sequel without the guns. Damn good deal.

Though, I have to admit: for all the effort this must've taken, I wish they'd just done HL3 instead. :p

I always wondered if the Portal concept was originally suppose to make it into HL2. The underlying technology theme in HL2 was teleportation. Both the Aliens and the rebel Humans had their version of the technology. Little to do with the actual action though. But the Portal gun would have fit nicely, especially since it fits like the gravity gun.

Just wondering if it didn't make it in, but was too fun to abandon so they gave it its own game a few years later.

I was hoping to see the gun make it into HL3. Especially since there is a Aperture Science reference in HL2.

I always wondered if the Portal concept was originally suppose to make it into HL2. The underlying technology theme in HL2 was teleportation. Both the Aliens and the rebel Humans had their version of the technology. Little to do with the actual action though. But the Portal gun would have fit nicely, especially since it fits like the gravity gun.

Just wondering if it didn't make it in, but was too fun to abandon so they gave it its own game a few years later.

I was hoping to see the gun make it into HL3. Especially since there is a Aperture Science reference in HL2.

I don't think we'll see the Portal gun in HL3, assuming we ever see HL3 at all. Yet I would still love to see some kind of co-op like mode using both still.

One player has the portal gun, the second player the grav gun. You could have puzzles where the grav gun can grab and aim a portalable wall. The idea is cool in my head anyways.

Back