Port Forwarding For Killing Floor

mr. nails

Limp Gawd
Can someone give me a hand? I had a Motorola modem then it died and got another modem. New modem wouldn't allow a static ip. Got another modem. New modem static ip works, but now I can't get port forwarding to work.

All I've tried to get to work atm is port 7707 UDP. No such luck.

No firewalls on and I have a static ip.

My modem is a Motorola SBG6580.

I've used these sites for help.

Link1

Link2

Anyone have any more info on what I may need to do that I haven't did yet? All I've did is what is listed in this thread.

I've also (if this matters) accessed my KF ini file and changed ServerBehindNAT=False Set it to True.

My original modem is the same as I have now and I was able to port forward, but 2 modems and a year later (took a KF break) I can not. I'm probably setting something up incorrectly and/or forgetting a hidden setting, but who knows.

Help is appreciated. I prefer to host my own games with my on personal config.

Last edited:

This. Also as suggested in this site make certain Windows Firewall is off, causes a lot more problems than it solves unless you really take the time to configure it properly.

Also did you switch from the Arris replacement to a second Motorola? Because in that thread you stated a different modem. Also in order for it to work with Killing Floor you have to Port Forward all the IP's they listed. About 6-7 total. Perhaps a screenshot of the settings in the modem itself so we can see if there is anything missing and worse come to worse KF has a pretty active forum you could try.

Because this is a completed new scenario with a new modem. That thread was from my 2nd modem and it had problems with static ip's. This thread is with my 3rd modem.

Also stated in my OP there are no firewalls active.

I also understand there are more ports to open, but that's not my concern. If I can't get the 1st port, 7707, to open the other ports are irrelevant.

Because this is a completed new scenario with a new modem. That thread was from my 2nd modem and it had problems with static ip's. This thread is with my 3rd modem.

Also stated in my OP there are no firewalls active.

I also understand there are more ports to open, but that's not my concern. If I can't get the 1st port, 7707, to open the other ports are irrelevant.

How do you know it isn't already open? Are you trying to host a game when checking to see if the port is open? The port forwarded application needs to be running for you to run a proper test.

I use this site: http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to test with the application running.

Ok, I'm going to take that as a yes the game is being hosted when you're testing the ports forward.

What about a screenshot of your settings in the modem?

Ok, I'm going to take that as a yes the game is being hosted when you're testing the ports forward.

As stated in my OP. Yes, hosting.

Liger88 said:
What about a screenshot of your settings in the modem?

Screenshots are located in my 1st link in the OP. I've did EXACTLY what they did. No more, No less.

Back