Porch Pirates 2019 2.0

hahaha!

Instead of fart spray, shoulda used deer repellent

Best option, and the one everyone uses that kind of works is putting gps transponders in bait pkgs.

That's how they get them around me. Though that kind of needs police assistance.

What really strikes me about all of these criminals is that they are so open about what they are doing with the people around them.

I always assumed that thieves (let's not use the "porch pirate" euphemism, what they are is criminals) would be at least a little bit ashamed and try to hide the fact that they just stole something from friends and family.

If it weren't for the fact that innocent bystanders might get harmed, I'd totally be in support of putting explosives in decoy packages. The world would be better without these delinquents.

The people who do this should be really glad that the US is not like some middle eastern countries, where part of the punishment for stealing (anything) is to have your fingers and/or hands removed.... via a meat cleaver !!!!!

Personally, I would prefer the weekly (for life) public Tarring & feathering treatment for these people, but whatcha gonna do...

The people who do this should be really glad that the US is not like some middle eastern countries, where part of the punishment for stealing (anything) is to have your fingers and/or hands removed.... via a meat cleaver !!!!!

Personally, I would prefer the weekly (for life) public Tarring & feathering treatment for these people, but whatcha gonna do...
It'd be nice to be able to hang these signs, and follow through:

mT1Eqi1UFYkFh6SRxUG9dsQ.jpg

Chatted with a few people, and its been determined that signs shows intent.

IIRC the "fake" ones from the first time were packages that he gave to some friends to put out, and those friends ended up having other friends take it. The creator wasn't aware of that til later.

I am all for these 'harmless' packages. But it would be a real shame if it was a phosphor and magnesium based glitter that was spread on these people that had an air sensitive accelerate combined with it. A real shame...
Yeah, unfortunately if it ever got back that you were the one who set up a deadly booby trap for someone then it'd suck that you end up behind bars because of a criminal

But I'm with you, I think it needs to be upped a bit, glitter and fart spray are all fine and dandy, but why not surround those things with those blue dye packs they stuff in bags at the bank when being robbed, imagine instead of glitter all of a sudden the inside of their car or room in the house is just plastered with permanent ink... then mix in some fart spray into that stuff so whatever it covers smells like shit :D

https://www.khou.com/article/news/n...-him/285-2455de37-b25a-495f-a677-87d097aae9ea

Police set up a sting for this guy this would be a good TV series.
Great for Texas, unfortunately around here stolen packages turn into a "we're not going to care unless the police physically catch them in the act" video surveillance showing the peoples faces, nope not enough, carry on citizen. I think California it's still a misdemeanor though, although that may differ based on the value of what was stolen, i.e. why they're using iPhones, maybe it ups it to grand theft?

My friend was trying to figure out if if you could profitably install 'security porches' for around $10k. His idea was basically a wood-and-wrought-iron enclosed porch with a few features, like a doorbell and camera so the UPS guy could press the porch's doorbell, connect to you via the porch camera to your cell phone, give you a scan of the tracking number, and get buzzed onto the porch to drop the package. And maybe a few features to allow your pet into a fenced yard, things like that. Nothing that isn't done already, but it would be a complete package you could show to your insurance company.

My friend was trying to figure out if if you could profitably install 'security porches' for around $10k. His idea was basically a wood-and-wrought-iron enclosed porch with a few features, like a doorbell and camera so the UPS guy could press the porch's doorbell, connect to you via the porch camera to your cell phone, give you a scan of the tracking number, and get buzzed onto the porch to drop the package. And maybe a few features to allow your pet into a fenced yard, things like that. Nothing that isn't done already, but it would be a complete package you could show to your insurance company.

Wow 10k? I'm sure you could convince some dumb rich guys to buy it.

I don't live in the greatest area but I have to say I never had my stuff stolen yet. Even when the asshole FedEx guy leaves my new $800 monitor half way up the Walk way in the rain. I am surprised it doesn't happen here more often since Amazon started using marked delivery trucks a few months back.

There is secure package containers that require a code to open. When the driver makes a delivery to your house their delivery board pops up with the correct code allowing them to open the container and deliver the package.

About a year or so ago I had several packages stolen from my parents front door the Einstein FedEx guys just LOVE to place the package on top of a bench where you can see the packages from across the street rather than placing them under the bench where a small wall blocks the view :rolleyes: (way to use your brains FedEx guys!) I ended installing 7 security cameras in their house right before some drug up lady decides to steal 4 packages from the front door about a year or so ago. Call the police, they come and take copies of the videos, print outs of her face, and full body print outs (lady was a huge Dodgers fan). 3 hours later I get a call by the local police dept letting me know they had the pirate in custody. However, she did not have my packages but rather was caught with about a dozen other packages LOL :LOL: she was going around stealing packages left and right. Long story short she goes to jail for the night shows up the next day at my parent's house with my packages, apologizing, and making excuses. I completely lost my shit and went off at her and told her every curse word available in the English language.
Fast forward a few months later and my parents get a letter from the next city over district attorney letting them know they're going to take her to trial. No idea what happened to her but from what I was told they were storing all the stolen packages at someone's apartment, I have not seen the lady since then.

In case you're curious this happened in Southern California ( Glendora/West Covina area) the lady was all over the local tv news when this happen.

Last edited:
10k? Meh, kind of pricey. I thought Amazon (or one of the carriers) already had the ability to unlock a door if you have one of their "smart locks", you could easily tie this into an entry way, mudroom with a locked door on the other side, or hell just a wooden box on a porch/side of house.

In case you're curious this happened in Southern California ( Glendora/West Covina area) the lady was all over the local tv news when this happen.

That's basically the town over from me (Walnut/Diamond Bar). Glad to hear that scum was caught. (y)

Wow 10k? I'm sure you could convince some dumb rich guys to buy it.

10k? Meh, kind of pricey.

Not for a proper enclosed porch. Once you start throwing in the concrete pad, outdoor electrical, framing, and things like proper anchoring to the top plate, you're looking at some money. If your house faces uphill you have to do all that drainage crap. Then you have windows or wrought iron to make it secure.

But anyway, he has always wanted to break into a specialty market, although as a (pretty damn'd good) bonded master framer he has more work than he can do.

I assume the ones with non-blurred faces are fake? If not, why blur some and not others?

I moved to a new apartment a couple weeks ago and I've heard some people in the complex complain about stolen packages.

Today will be my first time picking up from an Amazon locker. Seems like a great idea.

People who steal packages are scum. I almost want to leave a package outside my door and just wait for someone to come grab it. Then open up and ask what they're thinking.
I'm 6'5" 230 lbs so I think I'd only have to have that convo once.

I moved to a new apartment a couple weeks ago and I've heard some people in the complex complain about stolen packages.

Today will be my first time picking up from an Amazon locker. Seems like a great idea.

People who steal packages are scum. I almost want to leave a package outside my door and just wait for someone to come grab it. Then open up and ask what they're thinking.
I'm 6'5" 230 lbs so I think I'd only have to have that convo once.
Your size don't mean much when you get stabbed/shot. Most will just run away tho.

Back