Porblems with X-Fi Platnium + HD595s

Strykar

Limp Gawd
I've been extremely satisfied with this combo until I hooked up my guitar for the first time. Went straight from the card into audio creation mode and played for maybe an hour, nothing too intense, mind you.

Later on, I hooked the HD595s into the front headphone port... no audio.. "shit!"

I hooked another set of headphones into the back of the card because I do not have my 1/4" -> 1/8" adapter, I got audio fine. Tried hooking those headphones up to my 1/8" -> 1/4" adapter and plugging into the front.. no audio... "shit!"

I completely uninstalled the X-fi software, restarted.. installed again, (even did FULL installation) but to no avail.

:mecry: This is horribly upsetting me, those headphones were my favorite component of my rig and now I can't play anything.

I've had a thread going at the Creative support forums for some time without a single reply, hoping someone can help me here. :)

TIA

Do you have power plugged into your xfi bay? Pull the optical plugs and see if you have lights.

hmm.. that's sounds right. Is there a seperate output in the control panel for the bay that might be muted? sounds weird.

there are separate sliders for front and rear mic (mic1/mic2), and you have to tell it what that flexijack is actually doing. That isn't the same jack as the headphone jack, though, least not on my x-fi plat.

Just for the hell of it, I'd put it in entertainment mode, then open up windows mixer, go to advanced and make sure all your sliders are enabled, then max them(and of course uncheck, mute).

The different modes seem to keep track of these settings, so if you want the change to be universal, you'll have to remember to make the change while in each mode.

Additionally, on the mic1/mic2 topic, most games I've played assume you're using mic1, and don't have any way to select mic2. BF2 even goes into windows and switches you back to mic1 and mutes mic2, which makes it a pain in the ass to figure out why your front mic doesn't work with bf2, lol.

If I read it right, your HD595's don't work in the front panel or the rear connection on the X-Fi card?

Did you try any other stereo component?

I like my HD595's, but so far I am at work with crappy onboard. Can't wait to get home to reinstall XP AGAIN so the X-Fi will work right this time.
Sigh.

All are unmuted and turned on maxed volumes. :-/

JonDoms said:
If I read it right, your HD595's don't work in the front panel or the rear connection on the X-Fi card?

Did you try any other stereo component?

I like my HD595's, but so far I am at work with crappy onboard. Can't wait to get home to reinstall XP AGAIN so the X-Fi will work right this time.
Sigh.

Yes, i tried other headphones, they work in the back, but not on the front with an adapter. (1/8" -> 1/4" adapter)

Strykar said:

Yes, i tried other headphones, they work in the back, but not on the front with an adapter. (1/8" -> 1/4" adapter)

Ouch dude.

Did you try your HD595's ona regular CD player or (Yuck) IPOD?

Sorry to hear about this man.

Strykar said:

did you get the adapter with the headphones? if not.. I have had trouble with the screw on type a couple times.. they wouldn't screw all the way down and make a good connect. (I know it seems like we are reaching here).

Did you try using the headphones on another source? I hope you didn't blow the headphones.

Chastity said:
Did you try using the headphones on another source? I hope you didn't blow the headphones.

no.. he is getting audio out the back of the XFi.. just not out of the bay.. with a 1/8" > 1/4" adapter. I think it's the adapter cause if he has optical working.. then the bay is getting power and hooked up correctly. I have had problems with adapters that didn't quite snap or screw completely down before and another thing... it's not the original adapter tthat came with the cans since he says he lost it.

yes, the adapter I'm using is the opposite of the one that came with the cans.

I'm using 1/8 to 1/4 on other headphones so I can plug in the front.

Really need that adapter :(

The goblin in your PC finally decided to cooperate, eh?

I hate it when that happens, you can never prevent it from happening again because you don't know what the real cause was.

Back