Popups being blocked under IE6

Haven

Supreme [H]ardness
Now this is going to sound strange, but I need popups to not be blocked, I need the popups to happen.

We have some e-learning products, and one of our sales guys is having an issue where when he opens them up, it blocks the screen. Now this is starting from a local drive, not from the internet. If it was the internet I could exempt that site.

The machine is running Windows XP Pro SP2, he is using Internet Explorer 6, there are no other blocking software on the machine. We don't have any toolbars installed, or anything like that.

Is there a way to specify local files are allowed to do popus?

I know this sounds wierd, but it is what he needs to be able to sell our e-learning products. Thanks!

I am assuming that you are viewing these files accross the intraweb? If so, you can add this as an exclusion for PopUp Blocker. Click on tools --> Pop-Up Blocker --> Pop-Up Blocker Settings...

You can then add the site that you would like the popups. If you are in an Active Directory environment you should be able to change this through Group Policy.

Good Luck.

These are all just local files, sitting on a memory/thumb drive. Not off of any type of Webserver. Local files are the only ones that do this.

All the files are .htm or .html.

I didn't see where I could input that, like I said it is only files being opened off the local machine, and not across the internet or intranet.

Yes but they are still being viewed in the web browser so i thnk its the same idea as running them of of a server.

Argh... You had to be difficult... :) I tried to add the File:// header and it does not work... I am not sure that you can allow the popups, short of disabling pop-up blocker.

Axeldoomeyer: Now you see what I am running into. The fun part is I did disable the popup blocker, something is still interfearing with it. I have no idea what though.

Back