Popular games that you just...hate

Um lets see, I don't altogether hate things without caveats.

I didn't care for Halo 1, never finished Halo, and didn't like Halo3 playing by myself. But the 4 player co-op I would argue is one of the most fun games I've played. The same holds true for Gauntlet, sucks 1p, but 4p is fun and challenging, same with those shitty 3d updates, or any of the Hunter:Reckoning games.

I love reading the Halo hate.

I'm currently on some hateful ass shit for RE5, controls suck balls.

I liked the First MGS. MGS2 was fun as snake, screw that raiden shit. The first iteration of MGS3, non subsistence was garbage. I'll pick up MGS4 when it hits the $10 mark used. My hatred for things subsides based on how much I pay for them relative to how much they do or don't suck. Lowered expectations make for more fun game experiences.

I absolutely, without fail, hate what they did with GTA4. I can't stand that game. Controls, shitty dating missions, feeding Roman, the driving, I can go on and on. That series ended with Vice City for me.

I really don't find the Madden series that entertaining, and I think the Guitar Hero series went to shit when Neversoft took over and Activision went on an Intellectual Property binge and puked out so many titles so fast.

Hated the Warhammer MMO, and I hate what funcom did with Conan.

I hate veteran mode on the Treyarch Call of Duties. You talk about some ridiculous shit. Wow.

GTAIV without a doubt. I hate the controls, the missions, everything. I got lucky and sold it on fleabay for almost what I paid for it (probably to some pre-pubescent teenager whose parents wouldn't buy it for them). Vice City was/is probably the only game of that series that I actually enjoyed wasting a few hours on. The rest of them were crap IMO. San Andreas even with that stupid eat/workout regime.

Also Bioshock for me too. Luckily, I bought it on BF for $20 so I didn't blow full price on it, but I played it for a little while and haven't picked it back up since. Just another shooter.

I might make enemies here saying this but I have never liked the Diablo games even though I did buy Diablo2 for ten bucks in the bargain bin. They are just hack 'n' slash lighweight RPG and have no depth to them at all. I have never cared for dungeon crawl hack 'n' slash RPG.

Half-Life Series
Metal Gear Solid Series

To be honest, I don't actually hate either of those series. I've played every installment in both and enjoyed myself doing so. What I hate is the pretentious fanboys who refuse to acknowledge either series has its share of flaws. Like I said, I've enjoyed all of the games, but I don't think I'd place a single one of them in my "top games of all time" list. The stories in both are considerably lacking, IMO. The G-man is what irks me most about Half-life. He's basically a "get-out-of-jail-free" card for whatever plot hole they've written themselves into at this point. With MGS4 it's the redundancy and lack of editing, a lot of which can be attributed to poor localization for western audiences.

Apparently HL2 Episode 3 is actually going to dive deep into the story and start explaining it to us... that is if it comes out... :rolleyes:

ALL HAIL EPISODIC CONTENT! We get games faster that way right?

GTA4
I actually almost gotten this game, until I decided to watch some gameplay video on youtube
Somehow I was turned off by the game after watching several video of gameplay.

I wasn't fond of the HL2 expansion pack either. Felt they were too short

oh, and World of Warcraft :p

Oblivion, Fallout 3 - I can't understand how people consider this shit as great RPG instead of being just poor slasher or shooter.
GTA 1,2,3,4 - booooooooooring and so totally pointless
GT5/Forza - even watching this makes me sleepy
all Halos ,GoW, Resisatances, Cods - those are pretty average boring shooters
Wii everything - I want to play games with deep involving stories no jump in front of tv

A lot of Halo hate ITT (Liked 1,3. Didn't like 2 for the ass graphics, dumb ending, and the MP with screaming 12 year-olds and BXR which I think cheapened the gameplay)

Gears of War - Good music, good graphics, yet it couldn't hold my interest when playing for more than five minutes.

BF2 - More of like a love/hate relationship. I like the concepts, the open maps, vehicles, weapons and all but there are SO MANY GODDAMN BUGS IN THIS GAME.

CS/CS:S - couldn't hold my interest.

GTAIV/San Andreas - Hi you can do everything. cloth your guy, make him work out, get him some edates. /yawn some times there is just too much.

Oblivion - I just couldn't get into the hype that was oblivion

Battlefield (Any) - SWEET 64 people playing on a map. Me dying to something I cant even see whether it be sniper/tank etc. I tried to like this game and just couldn't.

Sports games outside of the madden franchise. Huge yawn for me.

Madden series (sorry.. football games just aren't as fun as they were before there were 10 million buttons/controls)
Oblivion ("open" ended shouldn't mean "be completely confused, bored and lost constantly"... crappy UI)
Halo (just because it's a reasonable FPS doesn't mean it's great. it just happened to be accessible to console players... on a PC only release it would have been an average game at best)

Oh, for what it's worth.... not sure why the vitriol for GTA 4. I didn't think it was particularly innovative, but it was of similar quality to GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, etc... you guys should know what to expect by now. :p

Elder Scrolls Oblivion - the game's story is pure cheese (ZOMG I SEE U IN MY DREAMS LOL UR FREE TO LEAVE JAIL NOW)
CoD Series (excluding CoD 2) - infinitely respawning enemies is a cheesy tactic.
Battlefield series - It's not bad, but what's all the hype about? I really enjoyed Battlefield Bad Company, but it's not really a Battlefield game.
GTAIV - San Andreas was better... I also don't care for the supposedly epic story in GTAIV either
Warcraft III - I loved warcraft 2, but poor proportioning and the introduction of "heroes" ruined it for me.

Oh, for what it's worth.... not sure why the vitriol for GTA 4. I didn't think it was particularly innovative, but it was of similar quality to GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, etc... you guys should know what to expect by now. :p

I think it's partially a backlash against the reviews that couldn't stop jizzing all over GTA4 as some kind of transcendent experience that would change all of our lives forever.

It has to be for me the Call of Duty series. The unlimited enemy spawn gameplay mechanic is such a deal breaker. Every time I play a CoD game it is ruined by the fact that you can't make the enemies stop unless you move forward. No amount of tactical planning, good shooting, or strategy makes a difference. I find myself just running forward constantly in order to stop the spawning.

It really breaks the immersion and realism of the game, and it drives me crazy because I want to like the games, but I can't.

Rockband/guitar hero games grate on my nerves to no end, why would I want to spend countless hours practicing on a fake instrument that costs almost the same as a real instrument. Plus now every party at someones house with a tv and a 360=rockband or guitar hero, so I here the same songs over and over again, so help me if I hear trogdor one more time....
Thanks to the guys a couple posts back reminding me
Myst, people talk about final fantasy being boring, move this lever push that figure out the clue, I don't care.
Ea sports games, yes they can be fun but after the first 4 minutes that period is over and they costs how much? Every year?
Gran turismo not because I don't like the games but because they continually say there coming out for incessant amounts of time, when I reserved gt3 it was coming out in two weeks, I got the call of release a full 2 years later, thanks sony
As of the last couple months the 360 in general because now at friends lans I have to play fpses with a controller! Aargh, why will people spend 600 bucks on a pc and 300+ for a game system but aren't willing to put a 125 graphics card in the computer instead
Alright my rants over

Fallout 3 for me. Probably the worst combat in a game I've played in years. Are you a tactical game or a shooter! Just decide. I would have been happy with full turn based combat like FO1/2 or get a good system like mass effect had. Blowing AP on 2 shots then running around waiting for them to recharge just annoys me to no end.

Back