Popular game franchises you've never played.

Skyrim, Final fantasy, Pokemon, The SIMS, Halo

Others I'm sure, but you get the point.

Looking at the list:

Billion-Dollar-Video-Game-Franchises_1200px-2.jpg

Candy crush, halp, dragonball, pro evolution, skylanders, fate, maplestory, minecraft, PUBG, Fortnite, Honor of kinds-arena of valor, digimon, fantasy westward journey, monster strike, league of legend, lineage, crossfire, dungeon fighter,

A lot of them I did not even knew about.

Not counting mobile games (which aren't something I've ever played primarily because I'm a PC Gamer only) I've never played the following:

Crossfire
FIFA
Lineage
Madden
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil
Zelda
Minecraft
PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds
The SIMS
Fortnite
Lego anything
Dragon Quest
Guitar Hero

I'm guessing Dragon Ball and some of that other bullshit are mobile games. I've never heard of the vast majority of this stuff. Plenty of the titles on there such as Metal Gear or Final Fantasy I played on the original Nintendo and that's it. I've tried things like World of Warcraft and frankly didn't care for them.

Grand Theft Auto
Forknife
PubG
Pokimen
Minecraft

Pretty much anything that came out after 2008...

The Elder Scrolls
Dark Souls
Diablo
Starcraft
Monster Hunter
Metroid
God of War
Total War
Dragon Quest

I'm sure there are other bigger series I cannot think of. Most of the Sony stuff, but that is changing as they put more of it on PC.

Edit: Stole some from your lists.

Last edited:
Never played:
  • Stalker
  • Pac Man
  • Final Fantasy
  • Madden NFL
  • Fortnite
  • Pokemon
  • Sonic
  • Mario
  • PUBG
  • Diablo
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zelda
  • Guitar Hero
  • Lego
  • League of Legends
  • World of Warcraft
  • Pro Evolution Soccer
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Minecraft
  • Dragon Ball
  • Candy Crush
  • Digimon
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dark Souls
  • Star Fox
  • God of War
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Crash Bandicot
  • Metroid
  • Total War
  • Civilization
Never even heard of:
  • Dungeon Fighter
  • Crossfire
  • Lineage
  • Monster Strike
  • Fantasy Westward Journey
  • Arena Valor
  • Dragon Quest
  • Clash of Clans
  • Skylanders
  • Fate
  • Maplestory
  • Clash Royale
Played for a limited time and didn't like it:
  • Battlefield
  • Witcher
  • Starcraft
  • Warcraft
  • Metal Gear
  • Resident Evil

I'm guessing Dragon Ball and some of that other bullshit are mobile games. I've never heard of the vast majority of this stuff. Plenty of the titles on there such as Metal Gear or Final Fantasy I played on the original Nintendo and that's it. I've tried things like World of Warcraft and frankly didn't care for them.

There are a bunch of non-mobile Dragon Ball games! I'm sure there are probably a fair few that were Japan only or at least sold much better there. They're usually fighting games or like, beat-em-up style games.

Off the top of my head, I've never played:

Monster Hunter
Assassin's Creed
Fortnite
Diablo
Doom

I would probably like some of these if I were to try them -- just never got to them for one reason or another. I'd probably *even* enjoy Fortnite to a degree, lol. It's crazy to look at just what a behemoth the Pokemon franchise is -- I remember getting Pokemon Blue on launch when I was 10 and loving it, but for a brief while it hadn't blown up in the US yet apart from just the Red/Blue games.

Uncharted
Most JRPG series outside of Final Fantasy
Dark Souls
Fortnite

Thinking hard, but here goes

Souls series
League of legends
Minecraft
Monster hunter
Pokemon
Dead Space
Super smash Bros
Total war
Metroid
Madden
NBA

Franchise I tried but wish I did not
GTA
Metal gear solid
fortnite
Persona
The Sims

What popular game franchises have you never played?

Resident Evil for me.
Same. I recall playing RE1 20+ years ago and thinking it looked ok, but the gameplay was basically dragon quest 3d. Similar to Devil May Cry, the ascetic and dialogue of the modern games are just too cringy and akward for me to enjoy. I tried to pay the RE3 remake last year, but put it down after the second cut scene. To be fair, I like the cartoony, more abstract JRPGs and action games e.g. Okama, Zelda, but once they are more "realistic" e.g. Metal Gear they get real cringy.

Same. I recall playing RE1 20+ years ago and thinking it looked ok, but the gameplay was basically dragon quest 3d. Similar to Devil May Cry, the ascetic and dialogue of the modern games are just too cringy and akward for me to enjoy. I tried to pay the RE3 remake last year, but put it down after the second cut scene. To be fair, I like the cartoony, more abstract JRPGs and action games e.g. Okama, Zelda, but once they are more "realistic" e.g. Metal Gear they get real cringy.
You just admitted that you've played it, though.

FIFA. I suspect a lot of US gamers haven't touched the series, just like players in other countries haven't played Madden.

Beyond that, I've never played 99% of MMO's, online arena games, or online creation games including:
Everquest
World of Warcraft
League of Legends
Battlegrounds
Fortnite
Minecraft
Roblox

I haven't touched a mobile game in forever, so I've bypassed Candy Crush and all of those strategy games that look nothing like what the commercials imply.

I've played Pokemon, Monster Hunter, and a few others but only a little and usually just one game.

Fortnite, Dead Space - are probably the big ones for me (and mobile games, because I don't play anything on mobile).

I don't play sports games. So, pretty much any of those. With the exception of golf games like Mario Golf, and maybe Speedball 2 Brutal Deluxe on the Amiga.

At this point, I have to imagine that World of Warcraft isn't attracting a lot of brand new customers. I have a few friends that keep bailing and going back, but I don't know what would compel someone new to pick it up at this point.

From what I remember and some of your posts:

World of Warcraft
League of Legends
PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds
Skyrim
Madden
Zelda
PUBG
The Elder Scrolls
Dark Souls
Diablo
Pokemon
Dead Space
Battlegrounds
Fortnite
Roblox
Halo
FIFA

And anything that's on consoles.

99% of Sports Games (Last one I played was Madden '98)
Final Fantasy series
Zelda series
Halo (I played through the 1st campaign, haven't played any of the sequels)
MMOs if they count
Minecraft
Metal Gear Series
Gears of War series

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Most JRPG series. I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since 7.
FIFA/Madden
Diablo
Civilization, except for Civ2 years ago.
Any of the Total War games after Empire.
Europa Universalis, which is weird as I bought it and loved CK2 but mostly I'm just worried it would become a massive time sink. Same reason I haven't gotten far into X4 yet.

Most JRPG series. I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since 7.
FIFA/Madden
Diablo
Civilization, except for Civ2 years ago.
Any of the Total War games after Empire.
Europa Universalis, which is weird as I bought it and loved CK2 but mostly I'm just worried it would become a massive time sink. Same reason I haven't gotten far into X4 yet.

I played the Gameboy Final Fantasy Legend games, and FFII on the SNES.

Those were actually pretty fun.

I thought FFVII was cool, but I didn’t like playing it. I watched my brother play it instead. :D

I absolutely LOVE Chrono Trigger though. I play it every few years. While it’s definitely square (ha!) in the JRPG genre, it has a style that transcends it IMO.

Otherwise, I was never into the genre as much as I wish I could have been. Lot’s of things to play if I could get into it more. I always liked Ultima style RPGs better.

There's a ton of shit I've never heard of, but of the ones I do know of:

Starcraft, Gears of War, Civilization, Total War, Tom Clancy's, Just Dance, Animal Crossing, Red Dead, Tekken, Crash Bandicoot, Bejeweled, Uncharted, Wii Fit, Star Wars: Battlefront, Harry Potter, Medal of Honor, Counter-Strike, NBA Live, Brain Age, Football Manager, Souls, Saints Row, Gundam, Command & Conquer, The Walking Dead, Nintendogs, Kinect, Ratchet & Clank, Rayman, Mario & Sonic (crossover series), Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Age of Empires, Devil May Cry, The Last of Us, Petz, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Spider-Man, Dynasty Warriors, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, Spyro, Mass Effect, Watch Dogs, Ace Combat, Galaxian, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Wizardry, Samurai Shodown, Call of Duty, Warcraft, FIFA, League of Legends, Digimon, Candy Crush, Madden NFL, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, Monster Hunter, Skylanders, MapleStory, Battlefield, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, The Sims, Fortnite, Roblox

There's a ton of shit I've never heard of, but of the ones I do know of:

Starcraft, Gears of War, Civilization, Total War, Tom Clancy's, Just Dance, Animal Crossing, Red Dead, Tekken, Crash Bandicoot, Bejeweled, Uncharted, Wii Fit, Star Wars: Battlefront, Harry Potter, Medal of Honor, Counter-Strike, NBA Live, Brain Age, Football Manager, Souls, Saints Row, Gundam, Command & Conquer, The Walking Dead, Nintendogs, Kinect, Ratchet & Clank, Rayman, Mario & Sonic (crossover series), Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Age of Empires, Devil May Cry, The Last of Us, Petz, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Spider-Man, Dynasty Warriors, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, Spyro, Mass Effect, Watch Dogs, Ace Combat, Galaxian, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Wizardry, Samurai Shodown, Call of Duty, Warcraft, FIFA, League of Legends, Digimon, Candy Crush, Madden NFL, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, Monster Hunter, Skylanders, MapleStory, Battlefield, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, The Sims, Fortnite, Roblox

I’m pretty close on that entire list, with the exception of:

All Samurai Shodown (Arcade) games
Rayman Series
Galaxian

Reactions: Youn
like this
Mario stuff, Pokemon, just tried the RE demo; nothing else on the franchise, Total war, Basketball & American Football games, Uncharted, Halo; only tried the pc port once, Gears of War, God of War, Red Dead, Harry Potter games, DMC, Last of Us, Mass Effect, Monster Hunter, Minecraft, roblox, PUBG, Sims, Final Fantasy, MMOs

Not sure if it's considered the same franchise, but World of Warcraft. I have played Warcraft 1-3, though. Realized I already posted this earlier, lol.

There aren't many that I've never played period, but several that I have very limited experience with and maybe played part of one of the games. Stuff like The Sims or Halo I've had pretty limited exposure to and interest in, but I've played a little.

Some I have never played are League of Legends, DOTA, pretty much any MOBAs as I have no real interest. I think I tried a beta of Heroes of the Storm once. I've also never played PUBG or Fortnite.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's considered the same franchise, but World of Warcraft. I have played Warcraft 1-3, though. Realized I already posted this earlier, lol.

There aren't many that I've never played period, but several that I have very limited experience with and maybe played part of one of the games. Stuff like The Sims or Halo I've had pretty limited exposure to and interest in, but I've played a little.

Some I have never played are League of Legends, DOTA, pretty much any MOBAs as I have no real interest. I think I tried a beta of Heroes of the Storm once. I've also never played PUBG or Fortnite.
I've tried to get into real-time and turn-based strategy games on multiple occasions and they just have never clicked with me. I used to really enjoy tactical strategy games in the late '90s-early '00s, though.

I've tried to get into real-time and turn-based strategy games on multiple occasions and they just have never clicked with me. I used to really enjoy tactical strategy games in the late '90s-early '00s, though.
The only RTS games I really liked outside of Warcraft (didn't even really get into Starcraft) was the Total Annihilation series, and C&C Generals.

Back