Popular and successful games you just don't care for

Any of the AAA 1st person shooters. Cyberpunk being one of them. I simply can't play first person POV games due to motion sickness so I tell myself not to care about them.

Any of the AAA 1st person shooters. Cyberpunk being one of them. I simply can't play first person POV games due to motion sickness so I tell myself not to care about them.
I can't stand them either. Isometric or third person only.

I like physical exercise and practicing healthy mental health. Two games that are unbelievably awesome that directly impact life!

lol, dude, I try so hard. I can go for a 30-1hr session and would end up puking, lmao. I even got gaming glasses to try and help, nahhhh...haha

While that completely sucks ass, I am also laughing at you.
Serious question- do you get dizzy when playing hide the snake?

Wow those last few comments are embarassing to all parties involved.

Anyway.

Halo and by extension Destiny. It's just too damn floaty. I never got comfortable with it and I doubt I ever will. Everytime I see a destiny trailer where people are jumping and slowly falling down all the time I cringe.

Have you tried larger FOV settings and high Hz/FPS?

Any game made by Ubisoft, Take Two, EA, Naughty Dog (Post Last of Us 1, as that game soured me to their "formula". UC4 didn't help matters.), Epic, Riot Games, Blizzard/Activision...etc.

I have a general rule, never pay full price for a communist pizza. And, also...I just don't tend to like their games. EA isn't a commie, but they don't make particularly compelling games either. Still, every now and then they do. Jedi Fallen Order is actually pretty solid. Still, I wouldn't/didn't pay full price for it. Got it for $25, which is about right when not sure of their quality. I might buy the sequel upfront though...

The glory of it all is that the market is so saturated with choices, it's easy to whittle out your own road through it. I never feel like I'm missing anything by avoiding the above companies.

Hate the story and most of the characters in anything made past the 90's so if it features non skippable or just plain too many cutscenes, its an insta pass for me. Generally though open world games let me play my own way after suffering through the initial cutscenes . Too much worthless dialog is the bane of all modern entertainment that is referred to as art by some. However anything that offers me the option of piloting a vehicle in an open world environment is a go for me. I actually got a refund on Cyberpunk before playing it after watching a bit of gameplay since the release (played Cyberpunk 2020 back in school hence the preorder) , super depressing what could have been made so much fun.
Still there has to be something that doesn't instantly gives me buyers remorse . RDR2 gave me the shits yet played heaps of The Long Dark because it just let jump in and ignore the whole story . Love survival horror but usually just end up playing the through Alien Isolation another time after having tried plenty recent examples. With steam it's hard to tell what is good without spending ones life watching gameplay videos. Gamepass did make me try a few games that I wouldn't give a second look normally.
There should be a misery rating on games , can't blame guys who stick to playing old console or dos games but it's just not for me.

GTA4 - Terrible as a game. It did have some funny things like the jabs at Ikea. Everything else sucked. Controls, driving, weapons, overall story, movement, mission design, bugs.

Witcher 2 - Pretty bad as a game. Clunky, odd character animations in cut scenes, some bugs, occasionally unclear in what you had to do. Decent story, not that it mattered in Witcher 3.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - MMO grinding in an SP game. Bad story, too long.

Wildlands - Retarded AI. Bugs. Grindy. Spawns player right between enemies. Developers couldn't figure out what they wanted the game to be.

Halo 1-3 & ODST, Reach - These aren't that bad, but they're nothing great either. Story is pretty bare. Combat is floaty, slow and bullet spongey. Very little impact and feel to shooting. Feel very neutral about these. I don't think they're bad but not sure why they have such a huge following either.

Battlefield 1 and 5 - Bad TDM hardcore mode. Too grindy. Crappy cosmetics. Horrible vehicle play in BF1. BF5 was so grindy and then they removed hardcore TDM. I just want Conquest large and hardcore TDM, so I lost any interest in playing early on.

TF2 - Floaty movement and shooting. The skits for marketing were clever, but the game itself sucked. And inspired a generation of cosmetic driven games like Fornite. Thanks Valve.

FFXV - Interesting lore and character interaction. Rest of the game sucked.

Some games that I have drawn flak for not liking:
  • Dark Souls (any) - die, slog to fight, die, slog... repeat. Probably a point when I would've loved this, just don't have the time for this sort of game now.
  • Witcher 2 - beautiful but clunky as hell and not particularly fun to play
  • Doom (2016) - I cannot explain this one. The game felt somehow hollow, I couldn't get into it. Generally I like run/gun and love the retro Doom titles and even spiritual successor stuff like Dusk.
  • New XCOM games - no idea here either... I liked some of the original XCOM games, love strategy games generally, just couldn't get excited about these
Also Fortnite, Rust, PUBG, COD games from the past decade, and league of legends but I think a lot of adults dislike those grindy titles targeted at teens.

Never got into Assassin's Creed. I think I own 2-3 AC games (free). I figure I might like them, but have so many other games to play.

RDR2
The most boring game I've ever played. Looks nice, waste of money.
I liked this game, but I agree this game doesn't suit everyone

If you're going to buy rdr2, my advice is to keep giving it a chance even if it’s a bit boring at first. It’s sorta a slow-paced game and some people don’t like the first chapter. But trust me, you’ll be addicted by the time you get to chapter 2

If you're going to buy rdr2, my advice is to keep giving it a chance even if it’s a bit boring at first. It’s sorta a slow-paced game and some people don’t like the first chapter. But trust me, you’ll be addicted by the time you get to chapter 2
Are you forced to play a criminal the entire time?

I did buy it, and stuck with it through the overly long snowy start, did a few quests from the camp, got on my horse at the nearest town to find it wasn't my horse!
Takes years to get anywhere, utter borefest.
However, i haven't uninstalled it yet so you never know though i could probably do with reclaiming the over 100gb of drive space.

currently Ubisoft games, their formula is incedibly stale and uninspired, lacking in the meagerest of thought or idea, literal copy pastes of better prior titles.

Elder Scrolls anything. Tried playing Skyrim a dozen times, get about an hour or so in, and the lack of direction and nonsense makes it completely unplayable.

Battle Royal anything. Uncle bought me PUBG when it was popular. I have 2 rounds in it. Best friend bought me Tarkov. I have 1 game in it over the last year.

Lane defense anything. DOTA etc.

And believe it or not, RTS anything. Have never in my 30 years of gaming been able to get into them. There was this one forever ago that had a story line of Russia invading the US, that one was kinda cool. Everything else, Starcraft, CNC, etc... nope.

Overwatch, LoL, DOTA. Why? Don't know. They just seem so...meh

The Witcher Series (probably should've passed on 2077 as well)
All COD after Modern Warfare
Star Wars (Only found Republic Commando fun)
Any Battle Royale / Free 2 Play game (Overwatch, Fortnite, Apex etc.)

Some games that I have drawn flak for not liking:
  • Dark Souls (any) - die, slog to fight, die, slog... repeat. Probably a point when I would've loved this, just don't have the time for this sort of game now.
  • Witcher 2 - beautiful but clunky as hell and not particularly fun to play
  • Doom (2016) - I cannot explain this one. The game felt somehow hollow, I couldn't get into it. Generally I like run/gun and love the retro Doom titles and even spiritual successor stuff like Dusk.
  • New XCOM games - no idea here either... I liked some of the original XCOM games, love strategy games generally, just couldn't get excited about these
Also Fortnite, Rust, PUBG, COD games from the past decade, and league of legends but I think a lot of adults dislike those grindy titles targeted at teens.
I liked Doom, but I agree with you otherwise.

Back