Pope Encourages Youth To Use Internet

HardOCP News

[H] News
There you have it, an official blessing.

He says that the Internet has brought about change in the way news is distributed and how people relate to each other. Benedict urges young people to use the potential of the Internet to build a better world through bonds of friendship and solidarity.

The pope invested in internet advertising duuh. Surf my children! Muaahahahhaha! yes yes thats right you need that extra toolbar download it!

He's looking to gain popularity and a way to exhibit some later control over browsing habits.
You can be sure of reforms to this recommendation as no doubt he will be looking hard at where it is safe (for minors and the religious) to browse.
It could be a good thing as long as it doesnt involve censorship.

The Pope can kiss my ass. I'm using the internet whether he likes it or not. :-P

<--- protestant

That's sounds fun that the Pope approves using the internet. Though I'm far from religious, only believing the OC Gods.

"Benedict urges young people to use the potential of the Internet to build a better world through bonds of friendship and solidarity."

He has never used the internet. Sure there may be some friendships and some solidarity on the internet, but 99 % seems to be insults and threats.

Thanks pope I can finally use the thing known as the internet, because I have to make sure everything is ok with you before I do it. Oh, by the way can I go to the bathroom?

Must be the day of bad news article titles LOL. This one and the Windows/Apple story both had odd titles.

Later in the speech, he also encouraged Siberia to be cold, politicians to be corrupt and water to be wet.

Apparently the Pope has never heard of 4chan. If he would have known, he'd have backed off those statements.

Back