Poor Training of AI may be Cause of Child Explotation Problem on YouTube

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
According to current and former contract workers who were responsible for training the YouTube AI, guidelines used to train the AI are often contradictory and confusing and this is causing the issues with child exploitation videos remaining on YouTube. Further, YouTube has promised to hire 10,000 moderators to get rid of inappropriate videos, but they might want to take a look at their guidelines used to train the AI.

These documents and interviews reveal a confusing and sometimes contradictory set of guidelines, according to raters, that asks them to promote “high quality” videos based largely on production values, even when the content is disturbing. This not only allows thousands of potentially exploitative kids videos to remain online, but could also be algorithmically amplifying their reach.

Last edited:
This is not a proper discussion on AI or machine learning. Article is misleading.

Exploitation.

Or is "Explotation" a new millennial term? Sort of "explo"ding vege"tation"? :D

Children exploding vegetation is a serious problem. Then again,...it is creative. :)

Youtube is so full of it. The only things they usually flag are videos the ones the users and flaggits flag for them.

I don't get it. What kind of exploitative things of children are there on YouTube? Is it like those with that family that was regularly scaring their kids and they got them taken away?

Exploitation.

Or is "Explotation" a new millennial term? Sort of "explo"ding vege"tation"? :D

Children exploding vegetation is a serious problem. Then again,...it is creative. :)

Thanks for the correction. I hate it when that happens. Front page article corrected.

Sorry Montu,....could not resist. Damn smart-arse in me just bubbles to the top when I see things like that. Not like I have ever made a typo. Hehe. :)

I don't get it. What kind of exploitative things of children are there on YouTube? Is it like those with that family that was regularly scaring their kids and they got them taken away?
It's videos targeted toward children, not of children. Typically, it's Frozen and Spiderman (among others) -themed videos featuring body horror, drug paraphernalia, sexual themes, medical creepiness, and exceptionally inappropriate violence -- and targeted at three-year-olds.

It's videos targeted toward children, not of children. Typically, it's Frozen and Spiderman (among others) -themed videos featuring body horror, drug paraphernalia, sexual themes, medical creepiness, and exceptionally inappropriate violence -- and targeted at three-year-olds.
I've never come across anything of the sort. I had assumed this whole scare was referring to self-uploaded videos by kids that weren't mature enough to recognize the dangers. I guess you have to search for that sort of thing.. And whoever is making the videos you describe is clearly disturbed.

Back