Poor GTA IV performance on low and high detail

lol its funny if u look on steam only 4-5% has quads last time i checked and 70% single core.. yet the game is released on steam with such demands :(

lol its funny if u look on steam only 4-5% has quads last time i checked and 70% single core.. yet the game is released on steam with such demands :(

Steam offers refunds though, pretty cool of them.

If you look at the steam numbers of people playing games, the majorety of steam users are playing CS and CSS, it's no surprise the average hardware of a steam user is crap, because so many of them are playing a mod made for a game released about 10 years ago.

The steam surveys are cool and all but i think they're massively skewed by counterstrike and its fanbase of epic proportions that refuses to put that bloody game down.

Has anybody done a 32bit vs 64bit comparison on the same hardware? I have the sneaking suspicion the 64bit executable might help with the CPU bottleneck.

I tried XP32 SP3 vs Vista64 SP1 with the latest drivers for my hardware and Vista was around 7-10fps slower in the benchmark and CPU usage was around 10-15% higher at the same settings. 1680x1050 Medium/Very High 27/65/65/3.

Yeah I got an x2, clocked to 2.85ghz, my FPS sucks as well. How does this game do with a similarly clocked C2D? I am thinking this could be an x2 problem, if not just a shitty port.

Where is there a 64 bit executable? or is it supposed to just switch over automatically?

If you look at the steam numbers of people playing games, the majorety of steam users are playing CS and CSS, it's no surprise the average hardware of a steam user is crap, because so many of them are playing a mod made for a game released about 10 years ago.

The steam surveys are cool and all but i think they're massively skewed by counterstrike and its fanbase of epic proportions that refuses to put that bloody game down.

Good point. They should take hardware surveys based on current game releases.

Here is mine...

Statistics
Average FPS: 41.65
Duration: 37.16 sec
CPU Usage: 95%
System memory usage: 57%
Video memory usage: 66%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (75 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 25
Detail Distance: 37

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Business
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Back