Poor 3dMark05 score 6800GT :-(

EricDawg

Limp Gawd
Just downloaded it today (and the hotfix) and ran it twice.

3479 and 3355
:(

I'm running:
3500+ 939
Asus A8V Deluxe 2.0 (Bios version 1005.027)
1 gig Corsair XMS
evga 6800GT (6.1.7.7 drivers dated 7/15/04)

Just curious... will new drivers really make that much of a difference? This is a really bad score for this system isn't it?! I've noticed some poor performance on occasion in BF1942, but then I can play HL2 or Doom3 just fine with AA etc. Oddly in the 3 months I've had this system, I've had games just stop running and exit to windows 4 times. Wondering if the card is bad.

I ran adaware first, turned off antivirus.

Anyone have any suggustions? I'll try the futuremark forums too...but you guys are the nices and smartest.
;)

Thanks!

You install chipset drivers? And yes it is a low score. A quick check at ORB shows you should score between 5000-5500.

Bought it from Monarch computer, and they supposedly install all the latest drivers, patches, etc. So anything done was by them. But I haven't updated anything myself (yet). Didn't think I really needed too with these components.

Looks like the latest ones are 66.93? I wonder if these are any better for 3d scores? Guess I'll try... but man... that score is depressing?!

prolly aa/af forced in control panel. Check if they are enabled... if not, I got no idea.

I turned them off. Thanks though.

So if new drivers don't improve things, and with the fact that occasionally a game will just disappear and kick out to windows, do I just try and get a new card? Maybe this one just isn't perfect?

I have a 600W PSU, temps are good (58c). Ran adaware, turned off Norton. Me thinks this card is bad. :(

I have 3500+ with an eVGA 6800 GT and am having problems, not with 3dmark but with HL2, where I'm getting as low as 30 fps at times :(

:)

Well duh I guess new drivers do make a difference. I'll have to try new mobo drivers too. Thanks for the help.

I wasn't really interested in my score... I just assumed it was performing good (although I though my eyes told me otherwise). I was just running a test to check the temps before I installed the NV Silencer. Nice to have this benchmark software for a reference. And this forum for letting newbs like me know it's out there.

I'll continue tweaking.
:cool:

Is there a way in HL2 to check fps? Or do you need to use Fraps? Doesn't DOOM3 have a fps monitor? Something like ~?

Maybe you want to download the new drivers from Nvidia.com?

BTW... I'm stuck in HL2 after the water scooter scene.... I got through the red barn and too the water retention pond with the 3 plastic drums. Where do I go from there? I've been tryin to stack the drums to get over the fence but it's not working. Sigh. Cool graphics though.

EricDawg said:
Is there a way in HL2 to check fps? Or do you need to use Fraps? Doesn't DOOM3 have a fps monitor? Something like ~?

BTW... I'm stuck in HL2 after the water scooter scene.... I got through the red barn and too the water retention pond with the 3 plastic drums. Where do I go from there? I've been tryin to stack the drums to get over the fence but it's not working. Sigh. Cool graphics though.

Sounds like the area where you need to gather the drums and take them underwater and release them to float the cage and create a ramp. I think it takes all the obvious drums plus a couple hidden in a tunnel to the left as you enter the area. Then take the watercraft back a ways and turbo up for the jump.

EricDawg said:

cl_showfps 1 or 2 0 tot urn off
net_graph 1, 2, or 3, again 0 to turn off

Back