Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• 2080 Ti

Votes: 92 14.7%

Votes: 19 3.0%

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • * Not interested

Votes: 257 41.1%
  • Waiting for AMD

Votes: 89 14.2%
  • Depends on benchmark results

Votes: 152 24.3%

• Total voters
I'm looking forward to finally being able to upgrade my GTX 970 to a reasonable costing 1xxx series card (GTX 1070 Ti or GTX 1080). I think roughly November or so the cards should have dropped a fair amount, I already see prices have dropped considerably compared to the mining era peak but I still think it will drop slightly further during ~2 months time so that's roughly when I will strike. RTX 2070 (or Ti) maybe after 2 years .

Why wait two years! Nvidia 7nm GPU will be out next year 2019 and maybe we will see AMD 7nm GPU this year or next year.!

Last edited:
Do we have any idea when 7 nm GPUs will actually be out? 2019 can be three months or 15 months.

Do we have any idea when 7 nm GPUs will actually be out? 2019 can be three months or 15 months.

No one knows. The only thing that is known is that:

1) TMSC's 7nm process should be firing on all cylinders process for its customers this winter.
2) The 1080Ti was announced 10 months after the 1080. But unfortunately the past does not guarantee the future.

If I was forced to bet my own money I would say late next summer or fall (year from now).

As i said before, i'm playing the waiting game for the benchmarks then decide. The CPU i'm interested in isn't even out yet and will also be decided on the benchmarks. As it is, my case won't be in for about a month yet so plenty of time to decide. :)
(Still would like to wait for a 2080 Titan version but no one except NVidia knows if it ever will come out...lol)

As i said before, i'm playing the waiting game for the benchmarks then decide. The CPU i'm interested in isn't even out yet and will also be decided on the benchmarks. As it is, my case won't be in for about a month yet so plenty of time to decide. :)
(Still would like to wait for a 2080 Titan version but no one except NVidia knows if it ever will come out...lol)

I just saw that the review release dates for the new cards is now the 19th, not sure what it was before, but its weak they're waiting until the day before they are released to drop reviews. Is this a standard thing?

I just saw that the review release dates for the new cards is now the 19th, not sure what it was before, but its weak they're waiting until the day before they are released to drop reviews. Is this a standard thing?
Usually releases are early to mid week, and in those cases review embargoes are lifted going into the adjacent weekend. Since this is a Friday release it kind of throws a wrench into that scenario. They could have lifted the embargo on the Monday to let reviewers start of the week with a bang, but I'm not a marketing person.

Agreed. Rumor previously was the 14th. I am waiting for power limits and a card to actually be in stock anyways.

With the 1080 I got screwed waiting for it to ship from nVidia while other places were stocked.

9 days!!

AMD said they will release the 7nm at the end of this year 2018 or winter 2019.
amd-vega-7nm-slajd-2.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of putting together a new system next spring/summer-so I'll see how everything shakes out by then.

AMD was ambiguous, so I would guess it's a pro card that will release first similar to Vega.

“While this confirms that AMD’s first 7nm GPU will arrive before the end of 2018, it’s worth noting that AMD CEO, Dr. Lisa Su has previously stated that it would be releasing its professional cards before following up with its “Navi” gaming chips a bit later on. This could mean a bit of a wait for the consumer variant, but it’s difficult to tell given how AMD is keeping things hush.”

https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/f...-late-2018-and-7nm-zen-2-cpus-for-early-2019/

Yeah who the hell knows when they will actually show up. Beyond me why it was brought up in this thread anyways. I’ve waited for AMD in the past and was always massively let down.

8 days...

Well I canceled my preorder for the Gigabyte WIndowforce 2080ti.....and hopped on a preorder for an MSI Gaming X trio 2080ti heuheueheuheueheuheuheeuheuheuhe

Pretty sure that’s the card I want. MSI cards are seexxyyy.

I can.
I'm going to wait for next gen (if the price isnt as ridiculous) or for what AMD releases toward the end of next year
The value of ray tracing with these cards is going to be superseded rapidly.
Unless you are ok with low fps 1080p or less they dont look promising.

I would upgrade my 1080ti, I have an immediate buyer.
Not at these prices.
Nvidia need a reality check.

Awaiting the arrival of the 7nm based GPUs... or the next Titan offering. I want at least a 50% or more bump in performance before I'll be tempted to throw any money at Nvidia.

Awaiting the arrival of the 7nm based GPUs... or the next Titan offering. I want at least a 50% or more bump in performance before I'll be tempted to throw any money at Nvidia.

I have trouble finding anything useful on 7nm. I guess the closest thing is AMD’s professional cards which are supposed to be winter.

There won’t be anything noticeably faster on 12nm.

I have trouble finding anything useful on 7nm. I guess the closest thing is AMD’s professional cards which are supposed to be winter.

There won’t be anything noticeably faster on 12nm.

That's why I'm awaiting its "arrival"... as in they still need to be designed/fabricated and hit the market. And no, I don't mean AMD's professional cards. I sure as hell am not expecting 7nm GPUs to be mainstream right now and looking around for them like you seem to be intimating. Give it a year or so... die shrinks / newer 7nm offerings will start to appear.

Last edited:
While being at a much higher cost point from previous versions of Ti's, with an unknown bump in performance or tested performance. What really kills it for me is the ridiculous prices for GSync monitors, almost bought an Alienware on sell for $800 for my 1080 Ti SLI rig but then saw better FreeSync monitors for much less. I really want the next high end monitor to have HDR which is virtually non-existent with GSync. Nvidia whole Ecosystem is wacked!

nvidia-apple-intel!!! high price, just cause we can! give me a good amd gfx card again i rather buy it. ray tracing at this point is probably something like VR, not a fact, but my guess anyway, im not expecting miracles just yet but it will probably change over time. dx 12 was the worst disapointing thing ever if it can even be compared lol, it literally do nothing in 90% of the cases, sometimes it even gives u less performance :p im expecting something like 980ti -> 1080ti jump anyway, but prefering to wait for unbiased reviews, even tho i will not be buying any new card just yet. i remember the insane 1080 launch with all the biased reviews, 1080ti was less hyped but it would have lived up to the hype anyway :p

Well I canceled my preorder for the Gigabyte WIndowforce 2080ti.....and hopped on a preorder for an MSI Gaming X trio 2080ti heuheueheuheueheuheuheeuheuheuhe

I cancelled my 2080Ti preorder and proceeded to save more than %15 on stupid people insurance at Geico!

~pew pew pew bing!~ That's the sound of stupid bouncing off of me!

More than I’m willing to pay. Besides, this arch after a die shrink will be maxwell to pascal all over again.

I cancelled my 2080Ti preorder and proceeded to save more than %15 on stupid people insurance at Geico!

~pew pew pew bing!~ That's the sound of stupid bouncing off of me!

Disposable income bruh, dis y sum ov us whent to collidge. Also bye neckst mey, I iz byeing a jeep srt8, y? becuz I haz munee.

6 days.

That's why I'm awaiting its "arrival"... as in they still need to be designed/fabricated and hit the market. And no, I don't mean AMD's professional cards. I sure as hell am not expecting 7nm GPUs to be mainstream right now and looking around for them like you seem to be intimating. Give it a year or so... die shrinks / newer 7nm offerings will start to appear.

I’ve decided I’ll just but that too if the difference is noticeable.

Last edited:
AKA Overpriced Reference Model. :playful:
The FE has a slightly higher power use and comes overclocked, not that it makes the price ok though.
The speed of the cheaper cards is a worry too, all the performance data is with clocked cards.

The FE has a slightly higher power use and comes overclocked, not that it makes the price ok though.
The speed of the cheaper cards is a worry too, all the performance data is with clocked cards.

That's not what Nvidia said, they're on video stating (slip of the tongue rather) that the Founders Edition's are reference cards.

That's not what Nvidia said, they're on video stating (slip of the tongue rather) that the Founders Edition's are reference cards.
I cant recall where I read it but many places online say the same.

ie
https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/grap...g-architecture-examined-and-explained/?page=8
Nvidia has two sets of specifications for both new cards. There's the base spec that a number of add-in card partners will adhere to, then there are the Founders Edition cards that, for the first time, offer a higher peak boost clock - an extra 80MHz for the RTX 2080 Ti and 90MHz for the RTX 2080. Nvidia reckons this makes sense because it has improved the cooling on the FE design significantly.

I also read the FE ti is 260W vs the none FEs 250W.

No, because the 2080ti is less than twice the performance of a 2 year old 1080 but at twice the cost.

Back