Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• 2080 Ti

Votes: 92 14.7%

Votes: 19 3.0%

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • * Not interested

Votes: 257 41.1%
  • Waiting for AMD

Votes: 89 14.2%
  • Depends on benchmark results

Votes: 152 24.3%

• Total voters
I bet the same question was ask when the 1080 came out, then the 1080ti just dominated everything beside the titan.

Nnnnnnnnope for me. This 12nm garbage ain't worth it. 7nm is coming next spring, which suggests the 20xx range is going to be short lived. I'll be skipping this gen, by 7nm we'll not only get more performance - as expected - but there will actually be more raytraceable games, both on Nvidia and AMD, which will drive competition up and prices down.

No point on buying 12nm now unless you're in dire need of an upgrade. Even then, just get a cheap Pascal and wait a year. My 2 cents.

Not me, I usually skip a generation anyway. My 980Ti to 1080Ti was an exception beciase mining helped keep my 980Ti resale value good so I sold it and picked up a 1080ti before the miners started going after those as well.

So far, the absolute best thing about the current 2080 / 2080Ti situation is it convinced me to spend my disposable income on other things. Specifically, in the last week I finished my M1A build, bought a bunch of storage to upgrade my NAS, build a new NAS media server and add more nvme and large capacity SSD's to my systems. I even splurged on some hardware RAID gear I had previously convinced myself I didn't want. I sure don't need it, but, I'm curious as to what 12GB network card and a 12 disk SSD RAID 0 will do. I'm going to find out.

I can't lay this all on Nvidia, though. Intel has a part to play, too. I see no reason to purchase any Intel based CPU's or mobo's anytime soon. Maybe I finally take the plunge into he AMD pool, again. Their stuff, specifically the 1st gen TR gear is looking like good fun for the money from where I sit.

So, I'm going to wait until the benchmarks come in and enough real world info is in the wild before I decide if I buy 20 series NV gear anytime soon. I can afford to buy whatever I want whenever I want, so it's really up to them to convince me I need or want their stuff. So far, they have convinced me to wait.

If SLI Keeps working, then no, dual 1080 should be fine.
If they kill SLU, then that's why no, because fuck em, not going to throw money at people who just fucked me.

Well finally got a pre-order from Amazon for the Gigabyte Windforce 2080ti...ships 9/24. I'm hoping that this will be 40-50% faster than my 1080.

The way I look at it at $700 for my launch 1080 and roughly 3000 hours of gaming use over the past 2 years, it cost me 23.3 cents per day (with a bar over the 3) for the card. If I get the same usage out of this card over the next 2 years, it'll cost me 40 cents per day over the next 2 years.

Have a RTX 2080 Ti pre-ordered. If it's at least 20% faster than my GTX 1080 Ti in current games then I'll keep it.

Have a RTX 2080 Ti pre-ordered. If it's at least 20% faster than my GTX 1080 Ti in current games then I'll keep it.

The RTX might be 20% in some games but not in all games you do know that right!

My Titan Xp at 2050Mhz core does just fine at 3440x1440. Skipping this generation of cards. It also helps my display is a gsync display too. frame dips aren't as noticeable.

Sticking with my 1080 Ti, early benches only show 25% improvement at 4k so far. Waiting until at least the next generation after this.

As much as I would love the 2080 Ti, it is way over my budget. Still I am very interested to hear how others who have pre- ordered get on when the cards arrive.

Voted wait for review. If it's really that good then reviews will show it. Also, I'm only willing to pay based on current game performance increases. Buying computer technology today for "future performance" based on new features is crazy.

Reactions: NKD
like this
All I hope for is a card that can push 4k at a high refresh rate, and every bone in my body tells my these cards wont be able to do it.

All I hope for is a card that can push 4k at a high refresh rate, and every bone in my body tells my these cards wont be able to do it.

Welcome to the forum and my Thread:) this RTX is only 60HZ in 4K UHD it might be more if you use a 1080p screen.

doubtful but maybe...I really would prefer to wait for Ampere...or maybe get a 1080Ti instead...that should be enough at 1440p

Reserved a EVGA Ti 2080 XC Ultra at Microcenter. If it's not ~2x faster than my 1080 from ~2.5 years ago I went pick it up.

LOL. You are in for some savings and you will be blessed with 7nm for your patience.

Voted wait for review. If it's really that good then reviews will show it. Also, I'm only willing to pay based on current game performance increases. Buying computer technology today for "future performance" based on new features is crazy.

AMEN TO THAT!

yep, Vega is the proof of that.

Yeah, and for only a 100% higher price tag. :shifty:

43% if you wait for the horrible, horrible blowers.

Or 71% vs the 1080ti’s 699 MSRP? (1200 vs 699)

or 0% if you consider this would nornally be called a Titan at this stage in the game.

Getting a 2070 (FTW edition/equivalent) on release to replace my 970 FTW

All the information so far has 35-60%...

That is just marketing we need the benchmarks and reviews first this month from hardocp, Gaming performance depends on not only one component, you know that it depends on your Processor, Graphics Card, Ram. Also it mainly depends on what game you are playing

Last edited:
other forums Poll update 1/9/2018

overclockers.co.uk

Screenshot (5904).jpg

While I am VERY interested in a [Hard] review, I won't be buying no matter how much of an improvement there will be.
Reasons:
I seem to be losing interest in most games I am seeing.
Losing time for playing due to more work lately.
Cost of these new cards is a little high for me.
Current 1080ti is doing fine. (thanks again Vader, great system!)

That is just marketing we need the benchmarks and reviews first this month from hardocp, Gaming performance depends on not only one component, you know that it depends on your Processor, Graphics Card, Ram. Also it mainly depends on what game you are playing

It’s marketing slides and a Turkish review. And yes you can’t run the world’s fastest GPU on a pile of garbage.

And you basically said a max of 20% which is complete nonsense.

a killer app (game) needs to come out which makes upgrading worth it...we need another Crysis...maybe Metro Exodus will be that game (probably not though)

a killer app (game) needs to come out which makes upgrading worth it...we need another Crysis...maybe Metro Exodus will be that game (probably not though)

Cyberpunk 2077 & Metro will be the games.

Cyberpunk 2077 & Metro will be the games.

Metro probably yes! But I saw the gameply for cyberpunk. It had great game play, open world, but graphics were not something I would call the next cyrsis. It looked good though. It might push the card harder due to so much going on around you.

I think I will wait until it matures before jumping in. I have a 1080ti water cooled, so not in a hurry.

What I mean is 2080 is not going to twice as fast as 1080. So you are likely to save money lol.
I reserved a 2080 Ti. It's like 70% more CUDA cores (at a lower clock, presumably, than the ~2GHz my 1080 hits) and about 100% more memory bandwidth, and with more TMUs/ROPs. So assuming the shader cores have no IPC improvements it could still be somewhat close to 2x faster at 1440/2160. If not, somebody else can snag it.

I am not preording. There is no reason too. I have other things to do that are far more important that sitting around waiting on this thing to come out.

Once the actual benchmarks are released then I will probably get one to replace my 80ti.

Back