POLL: What voltage do you run your XP2500 at?

Reality

[H]ard|Gawd
AQYFA, Week 42 UPMW.

11 * 200 / 1.65 Vcore

Got it from Newegg's NJ warehouse about 6 weeks ago. Ran it at 3200+ speeds without touching the voltage, and haven't had a reason to since.

Motherboard gives inaccurate results lately I have noticed....don't know if it needs tweaking for the newer motherboards or what....

AQUCA 0306 UPAW

11x200 at 1.85Vcore, goes from slightly less than that up to 1.92 max. Running about 4-5 months with an SK-7 heatsink and 80mm tornado on a rheobus.

If you keep your temps down, you're probably ok for the short term. I have my mobo set to shutdown at 60C (well below the frying point), and it does work, as I've found out a couple times. The tornado takes more juice to start than to run, so if I have it spinning at a low RPM, turn off the computer, then turn it back on later, it won't spin up again unless I turn it up some. If I forget, it takes about 10 minutes of email/web surfing type use for the chip (and heatsink, ouch!) to hit 60C and shut down :)

Some of us seem to have really sucky chips which won't run stable at 3200+ speeds without 1.8V. Also we seem to be the ones having fluctuating voltages. Does anyone know what causes this?

I'm running a Superflower QuadFan 470W PSU and I didn't use the large sticker which you're supposed to stick underneath your motherboard (A7N8X DLX); could this be causing the overvaulting? I think I will have to back down my overclock to maybe 180x11 and 1.7V if I'm wanting 3years from this chip although it was good to see one member with a 1.85V running for 5months, although these newer locked Bartons seem to need more voltage?

Thanks for posting people, keep it up :).

Originally posted by Andrew87
Some of us seem to have really sucky chips which won't run stable at 3200+ speeds without 1.8V. Also we seem to be the ones having fluctuating voltages. Does anyone know what causes this?

I'm running a Superflower QuadFan 470W PSU and I didn't use the large sticker which you're supposed to stick underneath your motherboard (A7N8X DLX); could this be causing the overvaulting? I think I will have to back down my overclock to maybe 180x11 and 1.7V if I'm wanting 3years from this chip although it was good to see one member with a 1.85V running for 5months, although these newer locked Bartons seem to need more voltage?

Thanks for posting people, keep it up :).

I think I've had my Barton at 1.85v for more than 5 months. It's been closer to 8 months for me. I checked voltage, mine is currently 205 X 11 @ 1.84v. Low 40's (Celcius) load, always loaded due to F@H.

219x11 (2.41 GHz) at 1.95v.. it fluctuates between 1.93-1.95 or so.. been running for just over 24 hrs :D and its still running great! *knocks on wood*

i had it at around 1.85 for around 2 weeks though before i bumped up my OC... temps are around 47-48C load at 1.95v on water.. seems very very high to me.. i gotta refine my WCing setup still :(

edit:: its an AQYFA week 43 locked, btw

although these newer locked Bartons seem to need more voltage?
I have a week 47 and it runs on stock voltage at 3200+ speeds, stable as a rock.

Whatever happened to the good old days when peeps ran some voltage through their cpu's? Not a single one in this thread at 2v or better except here.

2.02-2.05v for a number of months.

Originally posted by Rich_Fray
Whatever happened to the good old days when peeps ran some voltage through their cpu's? Not a single one in this thread at 2v or better except here.

I want my CPU to last longer than a year. :p Plus, even with an SLK 800u, I get up into the mid 60s temp wise. D:

Hehe, my good ole PII 400 ran at 500 Mhz at a nice toasty 2.2v's. Tis a pitty it got replaced this x-mas with my faster 2500. Come to think of it I think all my overclocks should be faster then the base speed of the proc that I've replaced it with :D

Man that means my next computer is gonna be atleast x + 1.83Ghz = y :p

i was the closest with 1.95v! :p i would run 2v but i cant post at 220 fsb with any voltage (gonna tinker with it more later) but i can post fine at 219 with 1.95

if my cpu lasts me a year i'll be happy.. it cost me $88 and in a year i'll probably have an A64.. now if i had a new $800 a64 FX or something it may be a different story ;)

edit:: rich_fray.. since you run at 2v what is your opinion on my temps? 47-48C full load.. it seems a bit high for water.. whats your thoughts? while we're on the subject...

Originally posted by -=iNsAnE=-
i was the closest with 1.95v! :p i would run 2v but i cant post at 220 fsb with any voltage (gonna tinker with it more later) but i can post fine at 219 with 1.95

if my cpu lasts me a year i'll be happy.. it cost me $88 and in a year i'll probably have an A64.. now if i had a new $800 a64 FX or something it may be a different story ;)

edit:: rich_fray.. since you run at 2v what is your opinion on my temps? 47-48C full load.. it seems a bit high for water.. whats your thoughts? while we're on the subject...

I have to run 2.1v to get to 2.5 ghz on my Barton. ;) Not stable by a long shot... I can get it to POST at 3 ghz on my Barton at 1.95v, as well. Possibly at 3.2 ghz as well, but I don't want things dieing horrible deaths. :p

Back