POLL - The "best" Android Phone

Best "Android" Phone

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea how the N5 gets top spot. Horrible battery which just kills it. G2 is, on paper, the same thing, but slimmer and with a huge battery.

Its hard to gauge what is best and what is not. Every phone is different and each phone appeals to different users.

I believe it is best because its a phone that includes highend specs, a reasonable battery life, and looks great with no bloat added(not everyone roots thier phone and installs a ROM) plus the phone comes at a price that the majority can afford.

Get why its best now?

Lets make it black and white. The Nexus 5 has a smaller screen, smaller battery, shittier camera, but it's AOSP and gets updates quicker.

So... pick what you want, AOSP with more updates, or a phone that lasts 30%+ longer, has a better camera, and a bigger screen. The screen size is subjective sure, but with the Note 3 tied for first in this poll that pretty much makes the screen size being too big a moot point.

If someone decides that they would prefer having AOSP and updates over having better hardware in a device that is used on a daily basis, that is their choice, and good for them.

Anyone that says the G2's software is shitty just flat out hasn't used it. It's not slow or bogged down by bloat at all, and has tons of features that SHOULD be in AOSP in the first place.
And besides, this is [H], the vast majority of people root and rom their phones anyways, which just makes the software point even more moot.

What fucking part of subjective do you have difficulty with? You're behaving like a fucking fanboy. We get it you like your phone... it's all taste and priority. Besides just going off the reasons you gave wouldn't the Note 3 be superior to both anyway?

Sorry for the "fact-based opinion" folks here, but "best" is subjective until you qualify it (like "best phone for games," or "best phone for spec bragging"). The OP says "What's, in YOUR opinion, the 'best' phone," which not only doesn't qualify it, it specifically asks for best according to opinion.

For my wife, the best phone available right now is the Moto G. It won't win the spec war but rocks the phone world on price. For me right now, the best Android phone is the Galaxy S3 I already own. So sorry to break it to you but the L2 is not the best phone evar, except maybe for you (and, granted, lots of other people!).

Sorry for the "fact-based opinion" folks here, but "best" is subjective until you qualify it (like "best phone for games," or "best phone for spec bragging"). The OP says "What's, in YOUR opinion, the 'best' phone," which not only doesn't qualify it, it specifically asks for best according to opinion.

For my wife, the best phone available right now is the Moto G. It won't win the spec war but rocks the phone world on price. For me right now, the best Android phone is the Galaxy S3 I already own. So sorry to break it to you but the L2 is not the best phone evar, except maybe for you (and, granted, lots of other people!).

What is an L2? Do you mean the LG G2?

So sorry to break it to you but the L2 is not the best phone evar
Besides just going off the reasons you gave wouldn't the Note 3 be superior to both anyway?

Yes, it would.

I was not saying the G2 is the best phone ever, just better than the Nexus 5.
Also, I've owned/used all five Nexus phones, my wife still uses her Galaxy Nexus, and we have two Nexus tablets (our only family tablets), doesn't that make me a Nexus fanboy? :cool:

Yes, it would.

Also, I've owned/used all five Nexus phones, my wife still uses her Galaxy Nexus, and we have two Nexus tablets (our only family tablets), doesn't that make me a Nexus fanboy? :cool:

I owned the Nexus 4 and when I did .. it was terrible in many ways. I remember the battery life was awful (for real Google if you are staying in the phone business improve on this problem once and for all) and the mic died twice after two replacements. I finally got one that worked but the signal for Wifi was disgustingly weak. I loved having a nice lite OS with Google's latest firmware but it just wasn't a great phone.

There is no question that the G2 is a better phone but its not because of the battery alone. I understand why people love their Nexus 5's , those people probably hate any additional UI stuff that comes pack on non-Google phones. So really if you hate any kind of extra UI fluff the Nexus 5 is perfect for you.. if you don't mind the weaker battery life , weaker camera but there is one big benefit to the Nexus 5 and that is price. If you are like me and buy phones outright its hard to ignore the savings the Google phones provide. My G2 cost a mint but it was worth it .. however if you are more cash strapped then the Nexus 5 with an external battery is the best you can do. Everything else is absurdly expensive.

Once I realized (over time) how much I was paying for "free" phones on my plan I swore off anything but prepaid plans ever again.

Yes, it would.

You're not getting it. SUBJECTIVE! If someone wants the latest stock Android the Nexus 5 would be better.

I like the G2, it's a great phone but LG is absolutely awful about supporting their phones. There's more to consider than a spec sheet when looking at phones and like I said before jumping in and declaring one is superior is just dumbass fanboy behavior, especially with those 2 phones. They are so close it's 100% personal preference.

It makes a lot more sense when you understand my deep irrational hatred of the letter G.

You're not getting it. SUBJECTIVE! If someone wants the latest stock Android the Nexus 5 would be better.

I like the G2, it's a great phone but LG is absolutely awful about supporting their phones. There's more to consider than a spec sheet when looking at phones and like I said before jumping in and declaring one is superior is just dumbass fanboy behavior, especially with those 2 phones. They are so close it's 100% personal preference.

LG has already released an update that increased the call quality and os stability, and (not that it really matters) Kit Kat was just released. What's next.

LG has already released an update that increased the call quality and os stability, and (not that it really matters) Kit Kat was just released. What's next.

What's next? Is not a competition... LG has an awful track record with supporting their phones, period. They may turn it around but they burned me twice now so fuck them. Just quit with the fanboy idiocy already. Trying to prove your phone is better just makes you look like a fucking tool.

What's next? Is not a competition... LG has an awful track record with supporting their phones, period. They may turn it around but they burned me twice now so fuck them. Just quit with the fanboy idiocy already. Trying to prove your phone is better just makes you look like a fucking tool.

You keep using the word fanboy when quoting me...

thinkitmeans.jpg

In other news, some of the next gen phone specs are now becoming official, seems like front facing flash is now a thing?

What's next? Is not a competition... LG has an awful track record with supporting their phones, period. They may turn it around but they burned me twice now so fuck them. bla bla bla i said some shit

Ok. Welcome to the world of "smart" phones. Just out of curiosity just how successful was LG when you bought their said phone compared to now?

Ok. Welcome to the world of "smart" phones. Just out of curiosity just how successful was LG when you bought their said phone compared to now?

How successful? Do you think LG is a new company or something?

I'll give an 'offbeat' vote, because the reality is that the 'best' phone for one person may not be the 'best' phone for another.

I vote for the Motorola Photon Q. Factory supported unlockable bootloader, official CM11 (KitKat 4.4) support, 4.3" form factor (personally I'm not a fan of huge phones), and QWERTY slider - which is why it gets my vote (I love sliders). Only complaint is that the speakerphone could be better, but I think I was spoiled by my HTC Touch Pro 2 that I came from when I upgraded (which seemingly had the world's best speakerphone).

The point being that this seems to have turned into an emotional topic when it doesn't need to be. What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander, and as such everybody should get the 'best' phone for themselves!

The point being that this seems to have turned into an emotional topic when it doesn't need to be. What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander, and as such everybody should get the 'best' phone for themselves!

That's my point but you can't get that through to certain people here who want to try and prove to everyone why one phone is better.

But the world would so much happier if everyone acknowledged that my opinion is best. ;-)

I'll give an 'offbeat' vote, because the reality is that the 'best' phone for one person may not be the 'best' phone for another.

I vote for the Motorola Photon Q. Factory supported unlockable bootloader, official CM11 (KitKat 4.4) support, 4.3" form factor (personally I'm not a fan of huge phones), and QWERTY slider - which is why it gets my vote (I love sliders). Only complaint is that the speakerphone could be better, but I think I was spoiled by my HTC Touch Pro 2 that I came from when I upgraded (which seemingly had the world's best speakerphone).

I love sliders as well. My favorite phone of all time is still the HTC G2 with the sweet z hinge design. I still have it, I wish phones would still have the build quality it has. Metal, Teflon, gorilla glass, full qwerty. I have had lot's of phones but there's a reason it is still my main back up. I even got 4.2 to run on it, quite nicely I might add. The LG G2 has no relation obviously, but it was disappointing when I saw the name and it had nothing in common. I wonder if we will ever have any more ultra high end phones with physical keyboards? The guy at T-Mobile said they are getting a version of their flex phone with a slide out. I hope he is right, if it's rocking a snapdragon 800 or better and really does exist I may have to pick it up. Emulators just don't play the same anymore :)

My vote goes to the Droid Maxx I recently purchased, for one reason alone: battery life. This thing is a beast, I get two full days out of a charge. What good is a mobile phone if you can't be mobile because it's charging all the time?

Obviously referring to android phones considering the thread. Obviously I gave you too much credit.

Derp indeed... First off they where far from new to android they actually released an android phone the day before the original DROID.

Secondly even if they where new to the market as you falsely claimed that does not give them a pass. They are a multi billion dollar company that had been in the cell market for a long time. There's no excuse for abandoning devices.

Gonna shut down this thread as new phones have been announced that make this poll obsolete.

Thanks for voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back