POLL: Korean 2560x1440 IPS Monitor Outcomes

Outcome of your 2560x1440 ebay purchase

• Achieva Shimian (good/perfect condition)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Achieva Shimian (Dead pixel(s) / flawed)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Achieva Shimian (DOA / didnt receive)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamakasi Catleap (good/perfect condition)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Yamakasi Catleap (Dead pixel(s) / flawed)

• Yamakasi Catleap (DOA / didnt receive)

• OTHER brand/model (good/perfect condition)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • OTHER brand/model (Dead pixel(s) / flawed)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • OTHER brand/model

• Total voters

Compuwiz

Limp Gawd
For those of you who have already purchased a Achieva Shimian or the Yamakasi Catleap; help the rest of us by voting the results of your purchase.

I also think it'd be good to have multiple threads/polls:
1) Monitor outcome
2) eBay seller
3) Options (Tempered Glass, No Glass, Pixel Perfect, etc.)
==> Feel free to provide this information in your response! ;)

Credit: Overclock.net forum with 425 Votes

bought the catleap in march from green-sum
1) Monitor outcome
no dead pixels as far as i can tell
2) eBay seller
green-sum
3) Options (Tempered Glass, No Glass, Pixel Perfect, etc.)
no glass, no pixel perfect

i'd also like to add that my ac adapter died in august and green-sum shipped a replacement for $48 shipped. this new one runs kind of warm though, so that worries me a little.

I had 2 total.. sold 1.

bigclothcraft for the first. 1 dead pixel. No glass. 60hz. Works great. Sold to a friend.

120hz.net for the second (via another member). no dead pixel, no glass. 120hz perfect screen.

Yeah, 120Hz.net for me. 1Perfect in every way 2B Catleap. The ebay seller is green-sum, but he doesn't sell the 2B's on ebay.

I'm not going to vote because it doesn't allow multiple votes for multiple purchases.
LCDs: A, B, C, D, E
All were models with no glass.

A. Crossover, Dreamseller, 1 stuck green pixel
B. Shimian green-sum, perfect
C. Shimian dcsamsung_mall, perfect
D. Shimian green-sum, perfect
E. Shimian dcsamsung_mall, perfect

4 were friends' purchases, one was mine. I'm thinking about buying a second and moving mine with the stuck green pixel to the wife's computer.

Shimian QH270-lite (bare bones basic model. DL-DVI only, no OSD, only brightness adjustment)
DHSummer
No dead/stuck pixels, but there is a slight scuff on the screen. Since a) it isn't that bad, and b) I'm not 100% sure it came out of the box that way, I never tried contacting the seller to try and get a replacement.

Either way, I'm completely happy with the monitor. If I had to do it again, I'd go with a different seller since this guy took over a week to ship placing delivery outside of the provided window. Am I overly impatient? Probably. Is this how all his transactions go? Likely not. I would not want to do it again though.

most of the ebay purchases I've heard (including 120hz.net) have usually been 2-3 days. Where are you located? It could be the location.

most of the ebay purchases I've heard (including 120hz.net) have usually been 2-3 days. Where are you located? It could be the location.

Once it shipped, it arrived quickly. But I ordered the Wednesday of one week, and my order didn't ship until the Wednesday of the next. It arrived that Friday.

I'm in South Louisiana.

did they tell you the reason? It could be that they were checking for pixel issues and overloaded with orders.

im surprised such few people are responding to the poll. i would have thought this would have gotten much more attraction for others for purchasing decisions??

im still up in the air whether or not im going to purchase one or not. i think its a fairly good risk/reward trade off.

Back