Poll: Do you play with an inverted mouse?

Do you use the invert mouse for gaming?

• Total voters
Sorry, but changing what you call it doesn't magically make it logical. That's fallacy 101 stuff that only someone with a brain that's been DISEASED by years of inverted use would think is ok.
Rotate the screen 90 degrees and rotate your mouse 90 degrees. It doesn't work anymore because it's inconsistent and illogical.
  1. Not understanding the concept does not make it illogical.
  2. There is no fallacy 101, you are conflating things.
It's very simple. Imagine placing your mouse on your screen. Your camera looks where you move your mouse. You can even actually place your mouse on your screen and see it in real life if playing inverted has compeltely ruined your ability to imagine things.
Because in your head you are not controlling the viewer, you are controlling the target, which is actually illogical. When you aim your gun or camera in real life you are not controlling the target, you are controlling the observer. Pitch back, or pitch forward.
For example when you are leaping off an edge you are pitching forward, therefore forward = down.

Last edited:
  1. Not understanding the concept does not make it illogical.
  2. There is no fallacy 101, you are conflating things.

Because in your head you are not controlling the viewer, you are controlling the target, which is actually illogical. When you aim your gun or camera in real life you are not controlling the target, you are controlling the observer. Pitch back, or pitch forward.
For example when you are leaping off an edge you are pitching forward, therefore forward = down.

You're STILL completely ignoring the fact that left and right are not reversed but up and down is.

You must have started using inverted at a very young age.

Inversion for flight sims only, and even then I rarely swap it over. I'd prefer a HOTAS for flights anyway.

Everything else up is up and down is down, or forward is up, depending on your perspective

I was going to treat you to my MSPAINT skills but I thought - I bet someone else sees it this way...

1652730527135.png

It was a never an issue int he past but I think it's a lot harder to "push" down to compensate for recoil vs "pull".

But after 36 years, it's too late to switch.

Reactions: Youn
like this
^ yea, that's how I understand it too. I believe all 3d software I typically use (Blender, 3dsmax, AutoCAD, Revit, various 3d game editors) works this way: inverted when in normal viewing/orbiting mode (3rd person) but then switches to non-inverted when in 1st person mode...

I was going to treat you to my MSPAINT skills but I thought - I bet someone else sees it this way...

View attachment 474351

It was a never an issue int he past but I think it's a lot harder to "push" down to compensate for recoil vs "pull".

If you're aiming down a sight the pivot point is still the neck, not the eyes. Given the range of focus in our vision is only around 4 degrees, moving your eyes isn't a very effective way to observe your surroundings regardless of ADS.

But would not that logic invert left-right has well ?
IME yes, but obviously games allow just one axis to be inverted... which to me is just strange, but maybe fine for flight games or something

View attachment 474351

Left and Right should also be inverted this way.

How many times do I have to tell people this?

Using inverted must have some sort of dyslexia type affect on the user after prolonged use.

Back