Poll Asus or EVGA geforce titan?

Cube

[H]ard|Gawd
What Geforce titan does everybody think is the better built brand with the PCB's and caps even though they may be the same right now?

Asus or EVGA
:confused:

They are all the same. The only difference is the box. nVidia is producing the cards.

I'll see what the better deal is when I get the cash together, I would prefer eVGA but if Asus has a better deal.

They are the same card... but I went with Asus.. I was able to pre-order two on amazon and one on newegg

They maybe the same card, but it also depends on who you wanna deal with if there is something with the card, personally prefer eVGA in that case.

Hmm I never really bought into the super locked models anyways. You can do all that yourself, better cooling is differ though. Ill probably get the reference model

I always prefered EVGA support myself beyond quality. Thankfully the only time I had to deal with them was super painless and friendly, but on the other hand I never had to deal with ASUS support regarding VCs so cant really speak much to that.. heh

I've owned both, and currently I have an EVGA 670 in an ASUS mobo. Both have been rock solid. I have heard some horror stories about ASUS' RMA shenanigans, but I've never had to deal with support with either company.

Since I've been super happy with my EVGA card I would lean toward them.

The only time I've ever had to deal with support was for a BFG 8800GT. They were awesome. God I miss them....

I regularly have to deal with both companies customer support departments/rma. I use EVGA and Asus products personally, and I use/recommend them frequently in my clients gaming computers. The following is my personal opinion based on my experiences:

EVGA's front end customer service is great, and they have a 48 hour turn around policy for rma'd products (once they receive your returned item, they will have something shipped out within 2 business days). They easy to get a hold of electronically or over the phone, and the reps are knowledgeable and courteous. However, they seem to have some quality control issues internally, as more often than not, I've had to perform multiple repeat rma's (returned product is entirely doa, clearly defective, or dies shortly after).

On the other hand, Asus customer support is downright lousy. All RMA must be processed over the phone, however they are often don't answer their phones during their advertised hours. No option to leave a message, and no way to contact by web form email. When their system is working, you often have long hold times, and when you finally get a hold of someone, you can hardly hear each other, presumably because their VOIP settings are too low. For each RMA I've done with Asus, I usually have to call them 5 to 9 times to get it processed. Their employees seem to know what they are doing, but they're crippled by a lack of proper resources.

That being said, for video cards, I would probably recommend EVGA, as I'd rather work with a company I can actually communicate with. Since the cards look to be identical and the bundles look to be the same atm, for me it comes down to warranty and customer service. I plan to use their cards in my Titan builds.

Asus RMA isn't that bad... I've doing my third one right now. I've always submitted a request online through their support website and they'll email you a RMA number and instructions. Their status tracker does not update very often at all though. I did a live chat through their website a couple days ago and someone instantly updated me with the status. Unfortunately they've didn't do anything for 4 days, but their estimate time of repair is 10 days which they've kept to for me so far, though it's usually like a week at most.

This is a old thread. But, I would vote Asus. I think they have a better quality product. Evga may have a better customer service. But, I think the Asus may be a better quality card.

Although, right now how prices are going on newegg. A regular Titan cost $1,099 and a SC GTX Titan cost $1,099. So, mine as well get the SC GTX Titan that comes with the free shirt.

But, make sure you check there stock everyday at 5-6AM because Titans sell like crazy. They are just a good deal!

Especially with the demand right now with more than 3GB of vram needed

I would get an EVGA 780ti and be done with it. Titan at its price is a waste.

I cant recommend Asus after being denied RMA on a new faulty motherboard and then reading of other peoples similar nightmares with all kinds of Asus hardware.

This is a old thread. But, I would vote Asus. I think they have a better quality product. Evga may have a better customer service. But, I think the Asus may be a better quality card.

Although, right now how prices are going on newegg. A regular Titan cost $1,099 and a SC GTX Titan cost $1,099. So, mine as well get the SC GTX Titan that comes with the free shirt.

But, make sure you check there stock everyday at 5-6AM because Titans sell like crazy. They are just a good deal!

Especially with the demand right now with more than 3GB of vram needed
Why necro a thread like this? And as already mentioned over a year ago, all the Titans are the SAME cards.

I would get an EVGA 780ti and be done with it. Titan at its price is a waste.

This is not true. 3GB is becoming more and more limited! 6GB is required. Even "watchdogs uses over 3GB Vram at only 1080P.

And it results in severe memory lag!

A GTX 780 for $400 can overclock to a 780Ti. A GTX 780 Ti cannot overclock in to a 6GB titan.

They are going to release the 6GB 780Ti's soon enough.

The GTX 780Ti is a beast of a card. But, if you are considering 4K in the near future, waiting around and buying a 6Gb 780Ti is a good value. Because adding another in the future when you have a 4K monitor, ensures you have plenty of vram. And plenty of 4K power from the two 780Ti's

But you have to consider this to! If the Titan is a bad deal for $1,000 bucks! Then the GTX 780Ti is a really bad deal. Because you can get TWO (2) R9 290's for $600 bucks, and it will smoke it to death. And smoke a Titan lol. Seems like the GTX Titan Black, is the hardware to buy and be proud of it lol. It is fast! It overclocks pretty well! A ton of memory at 6GB, and it is capable of 3d rendering, and graphic design.

But if you are a gamer at 1080P and 1440P. Then a GTX 780 3Gb is hard to beat for $420 or so on newegg.

It seems like NVidia will proubly do this.

GTX 760 $199.99
GTX 770 $299.99
GTX 780 3GB $449.99
GTX 780 Ti 3GB $599.99
GTX 780 Ti 6GB $749.99
GTX 780 6GB $549.99

Last edited:
Back