Polk R20 speakers any good?

Eric1285

[H]ard|Gawd
Circuit City has the Polk R20 bookshelf speakers on sale tomorrow. Are they any good? Will they be better than my home theatre in a box JBL speakers? I currently have these JBL's in a 2.1 setup with a Velodyne VX-10 and an Onkyo 501 receiver. Will the Polk speakers be better?

Link to JBL's that I have

From the looks of those JBL's in the link, they look like HTiB-type speakers, so ofcourse the Polk R20's would be better. Also take a look at the Polk R15's, they seem to be more favored by people - more bang for the buck. I have 2 pairs of R15, both acting as presence channels for my 2 systems. However, don't expect the R20 or R15 to supply the bass for your system, leave that for the subwoofer.

Yeah, the JBLs are HTIB speakers. The Polk R20's are on sale for $80 a pair at Circuit City. I'm very tempted to go pick them up.

wow $80 a pair! My R15's were $130 CDN and that's considered cheap. Well if you can return them at circuit city without a fuss if you dont like them, then go ahead and try them out.

Heh, too late. I missed out. I tried to order them tonight, but they wouldn't let you order them online. The sale ended today. Ah well, I'll just have to wait. They're $100 a pair at jandr.

Back