Polk R150 pair 81.15

Not trying to thread crap, but I think Outpost have these for $50 a pair from time to time.

By all means, let me know if you can find a better deal. I'm going to be buying a pair soon.

Not trying to thread crap, but I think Outpost have these for $50 a pair from time to time.
Before clicking this thread I assumed it was an outpost deal. Those speakers have been going on sale for almost 2 years. :p

Amazon's shipping is free though, so the shipped price difference isn't too bad. It was $19 for shipping last time I checked at outpost, probably less for people closer to Ohio.

great speakers for the price. I use them for rears in my home theater.

d.

Before clicking this thread I assumed it was an outpost deal. Those speakers have been going on sale for almost 2 years. :p

Amazon's shipping is free though, so the shipped price difference isn't too bad. It was $19 for shipping last time I checked at outpost, probably less for people closer to Ohio.

i dont think the shipping would be that much cheaper if at all. seems like i get hammered for shipping from them and i live in ohio. plus i get charged sales tax on top of that.
i have oredered from outpost once and never will again unless it uber cheap.

Does anyone know when Frys will be getting more in stock? I'm looking to get a pair of these, and I don't mind waiting, but I'm just curious if it will be like a matter of a week or so, or like months, haha. Do you think they'd be able to tell me an ETA if I e-mail them? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know when Frys will be getting more in stock? I'm looking to get a pair of these, and I don't mind waiting, but I'm just curious if it will be like a matter of a week or so, or like months, haha. Do you think they'd be able to tell me an ETA if I e-mail them? Thanks in advance.

They may not. Polk's lineup is changing completely (to offshore manufacture) since their purchase by Directed Electronics. Directed is the EA of the car audio world :mad:

They may not. Polk's lineup is changing completely (to offshore manufacture) since their purchase by Directed Electronics. Directed is the EA of the car audio world :mad:

Oh, that's great news, haha. Hmm. Maybe I should bite on this amazon deal then. I'm looking for something to replace my older pair of Kenwood bookshelf speakers, and these seem like a worthy candidate.

Directed has some good stuff and some bad stuff. They have brought some good brands (PPI for example) down but they haven't really taken good brands and made them complete crap. PPI is still decent, just not what they used to be. And DEI car alarms are about the only ones worth a damn (well, them and Compustar I suppose).

What about A/D/S? :( Orion isn't even close. I still like DEI's amps for budget stuff, though.

Back