polk audio r30's $39.99 each @ fry's

THANKS!!!! I feel like I'm stealing - Polk's website sells them for $399 a pair. Shipping was $21 ish to Florida totaling $101 for the pair. :D

no problem, oh one more thing. i don't know if its online, but at the stores that same price applies to the r30s with the cherry finish which are the ones that i picked up and are pretty gorgeous speakers.

Iconz said:

ha ha, no what I meant was, could I goto a frys and buy them at this price?

I don't wanna pay shipping, seems more convenient that way.

Buying 2 sets a center channel and a sub makes for a nice 5.1 system... or buy 3 sets a center channel and a sub for 7.1.... either way it's a good deal. (of course amp, but I'm just saying)

UnknownSouljer said:
ha ha, no what I meant was, could I goto a frys and buy them at this price?

I don't wanna pay shipping, seems more convenient that way.

Buying 2 sets a center channel and a sub makes for a nice 5.1 system... or buy 3 sets a center channel and a sub for 7.1.... either way it's a good deal. (of course amp, but I'm just saying)

Iconz wasn't replying to you, but according to the OP, yes, you can get them in stores.

o0akoni0o said:
...and i believe you should be able to pick it up at fry's at the same price because i did so yesterday.

I simply cannot believe this!! I am going to get myself two of these beauties !!!!!!

ToddW2 said:
No they have their own internal tuner... wtf kinda question is that :rolleyes:
LoL,

I think he may have been asking if it had a built-in amp like some subwoofers do. Or perhaps he was asking if they can hook directly into his soundcard (answer=no).

What would a lunatic audiophile classify these speakers as ? Mediocre overall ?The best of the cheapies? Halfway decent crap? is there such a rating system?

i have the polk R-15's and they are awesome little book shelf speakers, i was going to order 2 of these last time this deal was posted (when i got the r-15's) but money was a little low, over the summer i will probably pick up a couple of these and a center to finish up my 5.1 setup

SJetski71 said:
What would a lunatic audiophile classify these speakers as ? Mediocre overall ?The best of the cheapies? Halfway decent crap? is there such a rating system?

Crap. Wouldn't use these except for outside while it is raining on them.

to the people that have bought these, what do you think about them? for 40 bux a pop this price is ridiculous

If you're not an anal retentive audiophile like me these are great for that price.

o0akoni0o said:
a couple months ago they were on sale for $50, now they're on sale again for roughly $40. here's a link to it on outpost, http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3241451 and i believe you should be able to pick it up at fry's at the same price because i did so yesterday.

Can't pick it up at the same price in Chicago. They want $120 PER SPEAKER for the R30's. What a waste of a 60 miles worth of gas. They had the R50's on sale but "out of stock". It's not worth driving another 60 miles round trip to go out there again. I think I'll stick with outpost.com. Color me dissapointed.

Rob

I'm having an issue, I ordered some, and didn't get a "reply" e-mail that is supposed to tell you about your order etc. and I was a retard and didn't jot down the order number...

Anyone able to help me out?

UnknownSouljer said:
I'm having an issue, I ordered some, and didn't get a "reply" e-mail that is supposed to tell you about your order etc. and I was a retard and didn't jot down the order number...

Anyone able to help me out?
check your email inbox that you registered with. Or perhaps try logging in your account at outpost and check there.

Last but not least, jot down their customer service # listed on the website and be prepared to sit on hold for an hour ;)

SJetski71 said:
check your email inbox that you registered with. Or perhaps try logging in your account at outpost and check there.

Last but not least, jot down their customer service # listed on the website and be prepared to sit on hold for an hour ;)

I didn't make an account with outpost, I'm obviously sorta regretting that now. I could call customer service, but yeah, that's gonna be a pain.

UnknownSouljer said:
I didn't make an account with outpost, I'm obviously sorta regretting that now. I could call customer service, but yeah, that's gonna be a pain.

Don't worry, seems like their just slow...I ordered my r50's yesterday in the afternoon and just now got the confirmation email. You can call them too, they were helpful when I cancelled my order for the r30's.

Iconz said:
Don't worry, seems like their just slow...I ordered my r50's yesterday in the afternoon and just now got the confirmation email. You can call them too, they were helpful when I cancelled my order for the r30's.

It's been about 24 hours for me right now.... I hope you're right though.

same thing with me.. still no confirmation.. will call them tommorrow if it doesnt show up

rainman said:
These are currently showing $3999.00 at Outpost...

Yikes.

looks like they're trying to make up for lost profit. either that, or the 9 key got stuck

Anyway I got all my stuff in order...
They had a problem with my phone number... it seems it's much easier just to call to make an order than use their webpage.

I'm surprised, their staff is very pleasent to work with and are more than willing to help you out. TBH I have never had a better support call, and it was quick. I've called three times actually for different things.

Yep got my r50's today, ordered them Sunday...

I had spoke to them (outpost) on the phone at one point too this week, and I agree, it was easy and pleasant. As good as newegg is for online orders, for example, I had to call them once and it sucked a$$ - the guy was rude and condescending.

how is the SQ on these speakers? im getting ready to buy them but i just want to make sure there good speakers for the price.

flat4 said:
how is the SQ on these speakers? im getting ready to buy them but i just want to make sure there good speakers for the price.

Well I don't know how they sound to be honest with you (haven't gotten them yet, they are now on backorder), but if you go to Polk Audios webpage for instance, a pair of these retails for $400. At that price ($40) I was tempted to buy more than two pair and sell on ebay just to make a profit if nothing else.

But beyond that Polk has been known throughout the community to make quality products. To be honest, I don't think it's much of a gamble concidering the cost of purchase and the gain of possible resale (if you don't want them).

flat4 said:

Crap.

Muddy middle, boomy low and just utter crap for highs.

Don't go by 'how discounted they are' like UnknownSouljer, go by what sounds good to your ears.

himmy said:
Crap.

Muddy middle, boomy low and just utter crap for highs.

Don't go by 'how discounted they are' like UnknownSouljer, go by what sounds good to your ears.

I think the question should be:

How does the sound quality compare to other $40 speakers. I am willing to bet you that your answer will change dramatically!

I have heard them a few times in different settings. Good for the $40 for sure. If I had to pay any more than that, I would go with (and did go with) the Athena line of speakers Not to thread jack, but these are on sale at the Best Buy website and are a good alternative for inexpensive speakers with good sound.

Back