Politicians Push for New Internet Sales Taxes

Quite frankly it doesn't matter that Obama is in office or if McCain was in office. Your life would not be any different.
I agree both parties are terrible.

However, McCain would've (arguably) at least spent less money. He also wouldn't have let the Republican tax breaks expire (Get ready for the largest tax increase in history in 6 months). He was the lesser of two evils. Granted, we'd probably be at war with North Korea right now, so again- chose the evil.

There were bailout bills and stimulus bills during Bush's time that Republicans supported and Democrats were against.
Um, the dude in office doesn't equate to "Republicans supported".
Both sides largely supported the first package, actually.

And in case you haven't noticed, the real people with power (Congress) has been Democrat controlled through this entire thing. If you support the bailouts- good thing. If you don't, blame the party in control.

I'm not pro-Republican here, at all. Both sides are at fault. If you don't like recent events, the party in control of Congress is always the party to blame, though.

Imagine how many people would skip out on federal/state taxes if they didn't have the looming specter of the audit hanging over head... I mean plenty of people with the whole "If they'd just stop spending as much..." attitude that this country would go broke even faster

The country is already broke. Spending even more money that the country does not have will not make it unbroke. Raising taxes will not make it unbroke because the politicians will just spend even more money, while the private citizen and businesses will have to cut back on spending since more of it will be going away in taxes. Joe Average has to balance his checkbook and pay his bills, or he's out on the street with no home, no car, and no food. Higher taxes will only serve to reduce tax revenue. Cutting government spending is the only way to reduce budget deficits.

As for skipping out on taxes... I can understand why some people don't want to pay taxes. They work to earn that money and don't want to just hand it over to someone that will spend it on so much useless crap and to useless bureaucrats that make their lives harder. I don't know anyone that won't vote for a local police or fire department levy, or to fix up roads, but when it comes to spending on other programs that are not levy-based, especially at the Federal level, what say do people have in that, especially if they live in a district that's controlled by a political party they disagree with?

Why is it when I am low on money that I have to cut back on spending, but the government does not?

Can somebody please tell me how that makes any sense at all?

November cannot possibly come fast enough! We have GOT to get those liberall @$$ monkeys out of office and vote in solid conservatives, or anyone who will reduce the size and spending of the government and pump more money back into the economy.

McCain isn't the best candidate the GOP had to offer, but he would have been infinitely better than Obama. Hell, I would have voted for my pet goldfish over Obama. I would prefer a government that stays out of my life to a government that controls every aspect of my life.

"Politicians push for more ways to put money in their pockets."

Fixed.

Why does the government need more money when we are the ones broke and we can't buy anything with no money. The more money we have the more we have a chance of buying more stuff to stimulate the economy. Government always wants more money it seems like. Sooner or later they'll just take the whole check.

Political internet argument. This stuff is real serious business lols...........

government needs money so they can hand it out in the way they figure will work best to buy votes.

I am always against sales taxes being collected with the exception of harmful items. They are complete and utter bullshit. Regressive taxes are never healthy for a society.

Also lollin' @ all the babies in this thread who are blaming the Democrats for high taxes instead of blaming everybody.

Guess even the Internet can't teach some people to think rationally.

"Jackasscrates" and "Dumbocrats." LMAO. What an impressive mental capacity one must have to come up with those clever plays on words!

What's it like being five years old? It's been so long... I've forgotten... but you know, I do seem to remember being able to come up with cleverer insults even when I was five.

Also lollin' @ all the babies in this thread who are blaming the Democrats for high taxes instead of blaming everybody.

Maybe you haven't been on the internet long enough ;).

I agree though, we definitely have more than just the democrats to blame.

Also, in case you're wondering why I keep replying instead of just editing my posts, some brilliant admin here at the HardForum appears to have disabled post editing. Because requiring someone to post four times in a row is such a good solution.

Personally, I am a Libertarian, so yeah both have their issues, but fiscally the elephants win over jackasses in the grand scheme of things. While I admit that both parties are full of it, it is subjective. Before the Congress was taken over in 2006 we all had more disposable income and lower taxes. Then the left took over and started all the stimulus crap and unsecure loan idiocy. Any republicans that went along for the ride were RINO's.

Like if a republican and a democrat when out for a night on the town and both were guaranteed to get lucky. The republican would probably get a few chicks pregnant and then try to support them. The democrat would get 6000 skanks knocked up and demand we all foot the bill.

Sorry friend, a few tax cuts for the rich and maintaining the status quo for the poor does not qualify as "better than the jackasses" for me. Are you a millionaire or something?

Sorry friend, a few tax cuts for the rich and maintaining the status quo for the poor does not qualify as "better than the jackasses" for me. Are you a millionaire or something?

...both suck, yes, but there is a lesser of two evils.

I can count on one hand the number of politicians in D.C. that are actually respectable, and none of them belong to your fascist party.

I'll give you a protip: Russell Feingold, Dennis Kucinich, Alan Grayson. These are the type of people you should be appreciating.

Oops, almost forgot Bernie Sanders. If only the rest of the nation were as intelligent as Vermont.

I can count on one hand the number of politicians in D.C. that are actually respectable, and none of them belong to your fascist party.

I'll give you a protip: Russell Feingold, Dennis Kucinich, Alan Grayson. These are the type of people you should be appreciating.

Libertarians=fascists? And here I thought we were the one's that pushed for the freedoms of the Constitution. And those guys you mentioned are tards, so… …birds of a feather! :p

Yes. Libertarians are fascists.

Your stupidity is oppressive. You just called Russ Feingold and Bernie Sanders "tards." There is no hope for this country.

Fascists restrict freedoms while Libertarians fight for choices for citizens. Your logic is empty.

Your stupidity is oppressive. You just called Russ Feingold and Bernie Sanders "tards." There is no hope for this country.

If you're referring to more "hope" and change? Nope, we don't need any more of you all's version of it.

Like, do you have some kind of handbook from Fox News or something with pre-determined responses? Where do you get this nonsense?

Did you just decide one day, "fuck researching shit. I'm just gonna regurgitate some dumb propaganda I've heard coming out of someone's ass without forming rational opinions about the state of politics on my own."

Like, do you have some kind of handbook from Fox News or something with pre-determined responses? Where do you get this nonsense?

Did you just decide one day, "fuck researching shit. I'm just gonna regurgitate some dumb propaganda I've heard coming out of someone's ass without forming rational opinions about the state of politics on my own."

...I knew lefties were becoming less popular, but goodness there should be some bottom feeders out there that will let you get rid of that frustration of yours. :p

Alan Grayson... respectable... LMAO

Sounds to me like your regurgitating some handbook of liberal bullshit.

The start of our economic destruction was the ill conceived war without reason. All the bumbling since is equally shared. Internet sales tax just another nail.

Figures.
A federal tax on online sales.
Do the hookers in Vegas have to add taxes to thier vaginas for the democrats in our big government too?
+1

I want an answer to that question from the politicians.

Sounds to me like your regurgitating some handbook of liberal bullshit.

Why do you children always throw around the word "liberal" like it's some kind of an insult anyway? :rolleyes:

It's like using the word "intelligent" as an insult. It just makes no sense at all and makes anyone who reads it go "wtf..."

bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Why do you children always throw around the word "liberal" like it's some kind of an insult anyway? :rolleyes:

It's like using the word "intelligent" as an insult. It just makes no sense at all and makes anyone who reads it go "wtf..."

In my family the word "liberal" is an insult. My brother came out of the closet as a Liberal 5 years ago and it was hard for him to tell everyone in the family. We still love him BUT he is a Liberal. He went from a working class, college educated and millitary family with a dislike of Carter, Clinton and big government, to becomming a limp wristed union rep. It's hard for me to introduce him to my friends, I'm constantly afraid he's going to talk politics at any monent and look like a drag queen.

In my family the word "liberal" is an insult. My brother came out of the closet as a Liberal 5 years ago and it was hard for him to tell everyone in the family. We still love him BUT he is a Liberal. He went from a working class, college educated and millitary family with a dislike of Carter, Clinton and big government, to becomming a limp wristed union rep. It's hard for me to introduce him to my friends, I'm constantly afraid he's going to talk politics at any monent and look like a drag queen.

I can't tell if you're serious or just joking :eek:

Why is it when I am low on money that I have to cut back on spending, but the government does not?
Because the rules don't apply to governments. Didn't you know that? Enron executives got jail time for misrepresenting their balance sheets, but no one in fedgov got even talked to for claiming a surplus when it was actually done via tossing the off-budget future-liabilities of the social security fund into the budget.

Perhaps it's not any specific party that should be tossed out, but the concept of government itself that should be relegated to the trash heap.

Thus showing you don't know what fascism actually is.

I still want to know why politicians think that they can re-write the laws of economics and ignore praxeology. Oh, and think they don't have to follow the rules they create.

The start of our economic destruction was the ill conceived war without reason. All the bumbling since is equally shared. Internet sales tax just another nail.
It goes further back than that. The beginning of this federal-central-bank-and-federal-law created business cycle was about 1996. What we're seeing is the combined effects the dot-com burst and the housing burst.

While some of you tug at your dicks trying to prove your "team" is the only one everyone else should support, the fact they keep bringing this up shows it WILL happen at some point, and probably sooner rather than later.

The "Don't you want to help schools and the police?" argument is so disgusting. Politicians prey on fear and emotion to fatten their budgets, and like every other example of fearmongering, the public will eventually just bend over and take it and constrain their outrage to message board postings.

Since they will not cut spending, taxes must be increased. If only the American people---of ALL political stripes---were willing to march with torches and pitchforks...

Back