Police Raid Call Of Duty Session

HardOCP News

[H] News
Normally team deathmatch sessions don't involve a ten-man police squad showing up to your house to put the real life smack down on you. :D

When a ten-person strong team of Swedish police officers responded to an emergency call over the weekend, they didn’t know what they were in for, but considering the details they had to go on — the caller’s description of the situation stated had included the sound of gunshots and frantic cries for help — they can be forgiven for expecting the worst. Happily, rather than gruesome abbatoir they may have anticipated, the officers were instead confronted with… a group of teenagers playing Call of Duty.

awesome.. I bet the kids were like "I have a bigger fun then you"

This is because nobody has LAN parties anymore so people forgot what they are like.

The teenagers greeted the officers with the tradition Call of Duty player greeting of "FUCK U BRO I'LL FIGHT U BRO BRO DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO *racial slur* *expletive* *racial slur*"

The words, which are used to represent the story, have logic from a perspective which could not have come from the event.
e.g: -
“they didn’t know what they were in for”
“but considering the details they had to go on”
Etc, etc.

Who needs to go to LAN parties when you have the internet? XD

Net cafes have indeed became sort of a thing of past but online gaming does not replace LAN gaming, period.

Nothing online feels better than owning multiple people in a CS clutch in one round, then just turning off the monitor, getting up all pumped up and walking around like a boss...

I'm with DW-UK. I don't believe this story at all without some serious verification.

If this kind of thing really happened, then we'd have had a lot more of it from loud MOVIES playing than gamers. Most gamers don't run 110db on their sound systems for very long. It gets annoying.

Some do, actually. I've encountered some little kids in internet cafes that play on a speakered PC at full blast and they were comfortable with it and just kept on playing that way while noise polluting the entire net cafe with those CS "clank clunk buy weapon ok let's go" stuff...

Who needs to go to LAN parties when you have the internet? XD
Some of the best nights I ever had was the lanparty my friend hosts 3 or 4 times a year. We get together, have an early dinner party then get down to business. Sure, it's not necessary anymore, but it's hanging out with a group of friends and having fun together. I missed those gatherings as we all have kids now and it's just not possible to find the right time for all 6 of us anymore.

The words, which are used to represent the story, have logic from a perspective which could not have come from the event.
e.g: -
“they didn’t know what they were in for”
“but considering the details they had to go on”
Etc, etc.

Not sure if serious.

"They didn't know what they were in for" means the situation they would encounter.

"but considering the details [ of what the caller described such as gunshots ] they had to go in".

Makes 100% logical sense.

Way back when......in the time of DOOM, and I was a stereo fanatic, the police paid me a visit in Houston for gunshots fired. The police though the game was cool as shit. Then told me to turn it down.

Not sure if serious.

"They didn't know what they were in for" means the situation they would encounter.

"but considering the details [ of what the caller described such as gunshots ] they had to go in".

Makes 100% logical sense.

“they didn’t know what they were in for”, makes sense when the author is making up a story. However, the author is not in a position to be able to say what “they didn’t know”. Since it is not possible for the author be a witness to what went on in the mind of several “police officers”.:p

All this drama could have been avoided if they just used headphones. How rude do you have to be to be blasting speakers in an apartment?

Not everybody has high living standarts.

Some just have to crank up the volume in a shitty old apartment which isn't pleasing for both sides, but they do what they want to do.

Lucky this was Sweden, if that was SWAT here in some parts of this country, half those kids would be dead. We all know controllers look like guns.

I don't think anyone who'd ever heard a gunshot would mistake one on a game or a movie for a real one. Even on a nice stereo. They aren't even recorded accurately. (Mostly because it would sound terrible if they did.)

Well, who in Sweden ever heard a real gunshot?

Lucky this was Sweden, if that was SWAT here in some parts of this country, half those kids would be dead. We all know controllers look like guns.

Controllers look even more like guns if they are contrasted by a less pale skin colour of the owner of the controller

I think my favorite part of the article was near the end:

The group of gamers was led outside of the apartment by police, and explained that no, no one was being actually shot, assaulted, or even roughed up in the apartment, though some threats had been made against Sven, whose corpse-humping was becoming an embarrassment to the team.

n00b team called the cops for getting their asses handed to them repeatedly. The gunshot sounds excuse was a coverup for being pwned too [H]ard.

Net cafes have indeed became sort of a thing of past but online gaming does not replace LAN gaming, period.

Nothing online feels better than owning multiple people in a CS clutch in one round, then just turning off the monitor, getting up all pumped up and walking around like a boss...

Nerd

Nothing to do with being a nerd.

If you ever played in a net cafe and owned someone, you'd know how it feels to look back from your monitor to the guy you owned.

It's a much better feeling than playing online.

My brothers and I had something similar happen to us. 3 of us were playing CS and our friend was just laughing his ass off watching us, so we had 4 people total.

We lived in an apartment complex and a new tenant had never been around us before. We both had our windows open since it was summer. We got a little out of hand and were yelling at each other (playfully of course) and 2 of us at the time had Klipsch 4.1 setups so Im sure it was loud.

Anyway, we answered our front door a little after we concluded our gaming session to 2 police officers. Guy looked in really cautious with his hand on his gun. "Is everything alright in here??"

The lady upstairs over heard things like "Im going to fucking kill you" and "Get the fuck off me" and a lot of loud noises.

We thought it was hilarious.

Similar experience as the time we had a lan at an elementary school (my brother and friends worked in their IT department at the time). Cops were making rounds and were curious at the multiple cars they found behind the school by the gym on a weekend around 9-10PM). They then saw 2 guys pushing a cart full of monitors and a projector down the hall through a window. We were pulling monitors out of the computer lab as we would sometimes do that instead of hawling our own monitors. We also pulled the projector to use in the gym as we were gaming. We had to explain to the cops what we were doing and they called one of the school officials before even talking to us. So she made a trip out and saw my brother and his co-worker and turned around. Cops were clueless about a lan and just said ok. My brother and our friend produced their work IDs.

Lans are a blast. We still do our best to find a weekend where we can all game. Definitely gets harder as you get older to find the time with family and all..

I've actually had this happen to me. Had my puter tied into my old TEAC quadraphonic receiver hooked up to my Marantz towers. Neighbor a couple of houses down called the cops. No SWAT or anything..but a very loud knocking at the door. Cops gathered what it was as they came up my street. They were more about me turning the stereo down more then anything else. Just for a reference with the four speakers hooked up and the windows down you could hear my stereo half way down the block clear enough to understand what was being played.

Back