Police discovered a secret crypto-mining operation beneath a US high school

crazycrave

[H]ard|Gawd
I saw this and would not be surprised if this problem is rampant TBH. Those rigs are only profitable if your electric costs are next to nothing

Real time maybe but over over time it's an investment so electricity prices should become irrelivant - at least it did for me. But I started early.

What? Are you trying to tell us spending more money on electricity to mine crypto is smarter than simply buying crypto outright for less money?
No I'm saying when crypto appreciates, the power cost factor is minimized. Of course this depends on your miner hardware. Nowadays anything other than ASIC is a questionable platform.

So to re-iterate.. Unless you are scamming and have free electricity for GPU mining.. ASIC is the way and has been for years. It's rather obvious.

Last edited:
Real time maybe but over over time it's an investment so electricity prices should become irrelivant - at least it did for me. But I started early.
The best way to earn a profit from crypto is pump and dump.
Even the best ASIC hardware is grossly overpriced and ROI is just silly.
I mean think about it, who in their right mind would sell a box for $2k when said hardware could do (then) $2k in profit (after electric cost) in a month!
Back in 2013 butterfly labs comes to mind.
What an operation!
Take preorders for stuff you'll never have, invest every penny into crypto and get out a few years later.

I saw this and started to LOL. Dumba$$ is going to get caught. Those Asic miners can be worth $ 5000.00 to $15,000.00 each and if that picture is right there was 10 miners in the picture. So $50,000.00 to $150,000.00. The school can sell them and get their money for the electric bill.

I saw this and started to LOL. Dumba$$ is going to get caught. Those Asic miners can be worth $ 5000.00 to $15,000.00 each and if that picture is right there was 10 miners in the picture. So $50,000.00 to $150,000.00. The school can sell them and get their money for the electric bill.
Wat. Those are Ino t2t's on the right, worth about 100 bucks each. No idea what the ones on the left are, but very likely they're also old/outated and worth about the same.

So to re-iterate.. Unless you are scamming and have free electricity for GPU mining.. ASIC is the way and has been for years. It's rather obvious.
So, like um, using a generator powered by water flow from a faucet since your apartment has free water, thus no bill....... :ROFLMAO:
joking of course.

Their janitor who gets paid low wages was using the schools electricity to make more money. Why am I not shocked?

Honestly, if he just put a rack of ASIC rigs in a closet with a "high voltage do not touch", no one would have asked any questions. There are probably dozens or more such setups sitting in plain sight all over the place, that people have no idea what they are and don't dare touch.

The best way to earn a profit from crypto is pump and dump.
Even the best ASIC hardware is grossly overpriced and ROI is just silly.
I mean think about it, who in their right mind would sell a box for $2k when said hardware could do (then) $2k in profit (after electric cost) in a month!
Back in 2013 butterfly labs comes to mind.
What an operation!
Take preorders for stuff you'll never have, invest every penny into crypto and get out a few years later.

Actually the best way is to get in early and get out. I mined with GPUs in 2013 and paid for my equipment 15x over.

Their janitor who gets paid low wages was using the schools electricity to make more money. Why am I not shocked?
They fancy up the word janitor quite a bit:

Nadeam Nahas, who worked for the Town of Cohasset as an HVAC coordinator and assistant facilities director from

I doubt that was a specially low wage job

Back