**** Poker Night at the Inventory!!!

Pabuchok

Gawd
Fuck Poker Night at the Inventory and Steam and their stupid contest! I want my TIME, and my $2 back!!!

j/k, but it is kinda horrible

Piece of shit crashed on me at various points each time I tried to play it. It's utter garbage. Don't buy it.

no but It gives you cool items in TF2. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Does this game teach you how to play poker?

There is a little tutorial at the beginning, but not really. There is a "poker help" option on the screen, but I don't know what it does. I already know how to play so I never had any reason to click it.

i was interested in the game. But the lack of multiplayer is bad.

You won't like the game if you don't like the characters in it. I think it's really funny though.

The dialog between the characters is funny. Thats the point.
It seems a little silly to me to praise a game for having funny dialogue while the game itself is lackluster. After all, it is a game, right? The point is to play it, not to listen to it.

It seems a little silly to me to praise a game for having funny dialogue while the game itself is lackluster. After all, it is a game, right? The point is to play it, not to listen to it.

Who said its lackluster? Its a poker game. A poker game is a poker game. You either enjoy playing the game or you don't.

Who said its lackluster? Its a poker game. A poker game is a poker game. You either enjoy playing the game or you don't.
Well, the person who started this thread said it was kind of horrible, and the lack of multiplayer doesn't inspire much faith in me. Poker is the kind of game where playing against a real opponent is very different from playing against AI.

Well, the person who started this thread said it was kind of horrible, and the lack of multiplayer doesn't inspire much faith in me.

As I said earlier, I enjoy it. Then again I don't really like multiplayer in the first place.

I'm up in the air on getting this. It is very cheap, so if it's worth playing at all, it's pretty-much worth the price.

So... I'm mostly just wondering: are the items you win actually worth having? Like, do they actually give you any tactical advantage in game, or are they purely cosmetic like the TF2 hats? How many items does the game give you total? The store listing just mentiones 4 items - is that all there is, or can you get more stuff from playing the game?

Oh, also, what does the game use for currency? Do you have to bet items you already own in TF2? And what happens if you lose? If I turn out to really suck at poker, will I lose all my gear in TF2??

I'm up in the air on getting this. It is very cheap, so if it's worth playing at all, it's pretty-much worth the price.

So... I'm mostly just wondering: are the items you win actually worth having? Like, do they actually give you any tactical advantage in game, or are they purely cosmetic like the TF2 hats? How many items does the game give you total? The store listing just mentiones 4 items - is that all there is, or can you get more stuff from playing the game?

Oh, also, what does the game use for currency? Do you have to bet items you already own in TF2? And what happens if you lose? If I turn out to really suck at poker, will I lose all my gear in TF2??

Not sure how good the items are, but no you don't bet anything real. You just bet in-game money and the game tracks how much of it you win or lose. The items pop up from the other players at random at the start of a tournament and you have to knock them out of the game in order to win them. Yes, its just four things. Nice thing is you don't even have to win the tournament to win them, as long as you knock the player out of the game its yours.

I am a poker player and this is a horrible poker game. Two biggest problems are thats its frustratingly slow, and the computer CHEATS!!!!

Its frustrating when time and again I have AA or KK or AK and the computer calls an all in with 35, 72, etc only to flop straights and flushes...

...that is why I hate this game...

no multiplayer
game is super slow
characters are sorta humorous at best
game seems to randomly hit stupid river cards
game uses one core, and maxes that core out

On the plus side, you can get TF2 items.

there's also card deck and table designs to unlock, keeps the game fresh I guess. the tables are done really well, and some of them have certain motifs like making strong bad pixelated, turning max into a skeleton, dealer's hat for the heavy, etc. but the decks suck imo, seems like some colorblind person spent 5 minutes on each one in ms paint.

the real charm is in the character reactions of course, but I would suggest to set the dialogue options on "chewin' the fat" or lower, otherwise after 1 game you'll be clicking furiously past them just wishing they would stfu and play. on "gift of gab" they have to say some kind of quip every damn time you check or fold, it gets old real quick. it seems real repetitive at first, but I think there's some sort of chance applied to their dialogue sets, theres a few they repeat over and over all the time, then every once in a while they will bust out some one off that makes you rofl, I'm like $300k up by now and still hearing new lines.

also 3 difficulty settings for you beginners, with decent ai even at the hardest. but if you're a pretty good player it gets real easy though, especially since each one of them have tells you can spot. it's a solid poker game imo, especially if you want to learn the basics of no limit.

I am a poker player and this is a horrible poker game. Two biggest problems are thats its frustratingly slow, and the computer CHEATS!!!!

Its frustrating when time and again I have AA or KK or AK and the computer calls an all in with 35, 72, etc only to flop straights and flushes...

I think this is called "luck" ;). not sure if it's just my experience but each char seems to have different personalities, ie. you will never see tycho bet on rags, strong bad just doesn't give a fuck and will overbet everything, and heavy pushes his chip stack any chance he gets. but if you notice when they bet on what looks like crap, it will always at least be suited, or some other kind of draw with good odds. what the ai does is bet on odds, if you look up the percentages on those kind of draws, you would see that you really aren't as far ahead/behind as you think you are most of the time. and you can easily bet them out, if you figure they're going for draws.

I think this is called "luck" ;). not sure if it's just my experience but each char seems to have different personalities, ie. you will never see tycho bet on rags, strong bad just doesn't give a fuck and will overbet everything, and heavy pushes his chip stack any chance he gets. but if you notice when they bet on what looks like crap, it will always at least be suited, or some other kind of draw with good odds. what the ai does is bet on odds, if you look up the percentages on those kind of draws, you would see that you really aren't as far ahead/behind as you think you are most of the time. and you can easily bet them out, if you figure they're going for draws.

Their personalities never stay the same. My point is that the AI is so bad, you can't force them out of pots even preflop. Who in their right mind goes all in with hands like 35 and 72, This would be fine and great, except every time it happens they are beating my dominant hands and I have yet to see an instance when I win.

Im not crying I really dont care, just making my point why this game is lousy. If anything maybe it should have been released as freeware or flash to promote TF2, Sam and Max, etc...

It's really only for TF2 items, and those items are purely cosmetic with the Demoman Stunner shades being the best. Do not get it if you don't play tf2, its horrible.

I know how to play poker, but I'm very much not a poker player so yeah a lot of the intricateness of the game are lost on me. However, the AI seems to favor the AI players more then anything else. Though being that I'm not a good poker player in the first place its something I just attributed to my general poor playing skills.

The devs insist the AI has no knowledge of coming cards. Also, making the game multiplayer with the Steam community tied it would be fantastic. I would love a game of texas hold em with some steam friends.

Back