Pokemon Go

zyHckou.jpg

So how do you get the vibration function to work? I have it set to on and the app is running and I put it in my pocket and have walked a lot but it won't vibrate yet once I take it out and look there are Pokemon around.

So how do you get the vibration function to work? I have it set to on and the app is running and I put it in my pocket and have walked a lot but it won't vibrate yet once I take it out and look there are Pokemon around.

No idea, I've had the same issue where I just want to leave the phone in my pocket rubbing the app and get alerted when Pokemon are nearby. Then I pull out the phone and there is a Pokemon right next to me... I've had better luck getting alerts to work when the music is ON for what appears to be no reason.

The app is so bad and so inconsistent. And it doesn't explain anything...

Once you get the basics there really isn't much to this app though.

They just need to work on the sound bugs and add in trading, a friends list/clans, and the ability to battle nearby people.

I tested it out today with this chick I know and everyone IS on a persistent server. We were both seeing the same pokemon show up next to us. I was under the impression earlier that each person was in their own instance.

How do you get one that high? I just got a Joltean and he is only at like 460. Even if I power him all the way up I'm not sure he'll be that high... I'm also only lvl 8

If he is high before he evolves you can get him up easier.

I will refrain from evolving lower cp pokemon even if i can. I wait until i find a good cp level char.

For example i have a oddish that i got at cp300 and i know when i evolve him he will be a monster.

Best....mobile.....game....ever....

I really wish there was more you could do when you're just at your house with the game :(

I know. But i guess that is the point. You go.
Like many i go out and find pokestops and such and when i go home i review my pokedex and evolve, power up and if i am desperate pop an incense and catch a few trashmons.

I am amazed at how many people are playing this after just a few days.

Love it. Bugs and all.

There is a poke stop like 2 houses down, i all day have seen cars either creep by or basically stop in the road to grab their loot. Saw several people (including my kids who were with me) playing the game in the grocery store. Our church is a gym and like 4 dudes were sitting outside on the steps battling. Game is going nuts.

I have the game. I was never into Pokemon though. So I'm not that excited about it though. My wife can't get enough. haha

So far it's not impressing me too much. Might be because our phones kind of suck (Galaxy Core Prime), but the GPS is laggy and half the time when I catch something the app just stalls at the pokeball screen. I have to force close and re-open (so far haven't lost and Pokemon doing this, thankfully).

Also the phone won't do AR for some reason so that is yet another disappointment.

Game seems pretty fucking stupid. Nice ploy for $$$ though. It's like they put literally no effort into it, and people are just eating it up. It's identical to that other portal game thing but they just put half assed pictures of Pokemon on the screen. I can't believe the number of basement dwellers getting out now. I don't see this ending well before some crazy accident happens, given the game's popularity and how stupid people are.

I can't wait to see people playing this in public....some guy standing over a toilet in a restroom with his phone up trying to catch a Squirtle.

I can't wait to see people playing this in public....some guy standing over a toilet in a restroom with his phone up trying to catch a Squirtle.
Go to your nearest college campus. I've been seeing roving groups of nerds for the past few days here. And that's really saying something considering I'm at a research university.

Just came back from lunch. Took over 2 gyms and trained up the prestige in one to over 8K.
So cool.
At one place near my work there were tons of people milling about. So funny I crack up every time I see these people.

Game seems pretty fucking stupid. Nice ploy for $$$ though. It's like they put literally no effort into it, and people are just eating it up. It's identical to that other portal game thing but they just put half assed pictures of Pokemon on the screen. I can't believe the number of basement dwellers getting out now. I don't see this ending well before some crazy accident happens, given the game's popularity and how stupid people are.
Thanks for your opinion, Grumpy McGrumpykins. Yes they reused the stationary objects from Ingress, but that's the only common aspect it has.

I like it, but it definitely favors luck and time. With school out, the kids all got the early rush.

This is what some of the map looks like at a university campus with ~60,000 enrolled students:

Screenshot_2016-07-12-11-54-29.png

Been playing it since Sunday, games pretty darn fun. I wouldn't say its actually the catching the Pokemon and battling a gym, but I just like roaming around trying to find a rare that no one has and hope my eggs hatch something good. Held a gym lastnight with some other Blues, but we lost it this morning. Currently have a 748 Vaporeon, 333 Pigeot and some others that are 200-300cp. My Galaxy S3 struggles though and it's so old and crappy it barely runs even simple apps, I will have to see how well the game does after my S5 arrives. I used to play Pokemon all the time as a kid and sold what was probably in the 1-3k range in value many years ago for around 50 bucks.

The concept is so interesting that I think people are willing to forgive what an absolute piece of garbage this application is.

I'm having fun with it despite how terrible the actual stability and depth is

I can't have fun with it because it's either losing my GPS signal, not finding any Pokemon or straight up freezing or crashing.

A new update is coming out really soon. I think it might fix some of the freezing and stability issues as well as deploy the game onto other hardware (mostly x86 based android hardware I think)

As per current statistics, this game will overcome FB and twitter on the basis of daily use

So far as a long time Pokemon fan, I'm loving it. At the core its a great concept and the Pokemon universe is the perfect match for it. Just this weekend I've roamed around my neighborhood more than I have since I moved here. Not just flat areas either. I've been up hills through parks with hiking trails. I haven't really met anyone yet only because the majority of the people I've passed who were obviously playing were half my age.

My only complaints so far is the crashing of the app. I tried to walk the neighborhood this morning and catch some Pokemon and hit some stops but I spent more time force restarting the app and cursing. Came home hot sweaty and just annoyed. When it works its great but I never really know if its working. Every time I force close the app and open it back up (assuming it does open right away) I never see the same Pokemon in my area. This evening I was roaming around trying to find a Pidgeot that was showing near by and it glitched when I was just catching weedle that was near by. Shut it down and reopened it and no Pidgeot anywhere in sight.

Other than that I'm pretty happy. New stuff will come and maybe with more direction but for those complaining because the tutorials are none existent. Does no one remember the olden days when tutorials didn't exist. We figured it out then.

I just caught an Omanyte while eating lunch at the local Red Lobster restaurant. Too bad I didn't snag a picture as I had the AR turned off in order to save battery power.

So far as a long time Pokemon fan, I'm loving it. At the core its a great concept and the Pokemon universe is the perfect match for it. Just this weekend I've roamed around my neighborhood more than I have since I moved here. Not just flat areas either. I've been up hills through parks with hiking trails. I haven't really met anyone yet only because the majority of the people I've passed who were obviously playing were half my age.

My only complaints so far is the crashing of the app. I tried to walk the neighborhood this morning and catch some Pokemon and hit some stops but I spent more time force restarting the app and cursing. Came home hot sweaty and just annoyed. When it works its great but I never really know if its working. Every time I force close the app and open it back up (assuming it does open right away) I never see the same Pokemon in my area. This evening I was roaming around trying to find a Pidgeot that was showing near by and it glitched when I was just catching weedle that was near by. Shut it down and reopened it and no Pidgeot anywhere in sight.

Other than that I'm pretty happy. New stuff will come and maybe with more direction but for those complaining because the tutorials are none existent. Does no one remember the olden days when tutorials didn't exist. We figured it out then.

in some ways the tutorial was in the manuals. lot of times the manual had some advance tricks or such and tell you a good use of it.

I'm in Charge of a Polish Park now up the street :bored: Next to a school 1st park I ever took control of legally. There should be enough people to either join on get my Pokemon back. Nobody is yellow

update didn't know how the coin collection thing worked you can claim the coins in the shop ever 21 hours very cool didn't know how it worked. Very good way to get Incubators but then again it's only 10 coins.

Last edited:
Nailed a 1600cp Lampras from a 10k egg today.
Very excited. My 1k+ troops are growing. Lampras, Pinsir, Hypno, Vaporeon, etc.
Screenshot_20160906-195220.png
Screenshot_20160906-195220.png

Blue Stacks no longer works they must of done something today to patch it out.

A new update is coming out really soon. I think it might fix some of the freezing and stability issues as well as deploy the game onto other hardware (mostly x86 based android hardware I think)
Can't play at all now... Locks up my phone and my SHIELD is having issues...

The new Buddy system is great going to get evolve a squirtle I had to uninstall the game in order to get the Buddy system update where you can walk like 1km to get one candy for the Pokemon to evolve I have 97 Pokemon now lots of them need to be evolved this will help alot.

Back