Pokemon Go Player Smashes Into Police Car

So much butthurt from one person over an article about an idiot playing pokemon while driving.... jfc.

I swear people need to be charged with DUI type penalties for accidents caused while distracted with cell phones. No one was hurt, so jail time thing is out, but how about a suspended license for 6 months or something? Penalties for getting caught with a cell phone are so pathetically low and it hardly ever enforced, but here's a guy who admits he was playing a fucking game while driving, he needs to have his driving privileges revoked temporary while he fucking learn what is ok to do when driving and what isn't.

Really? That is your reasoning as to their "findings"? Sorry but, I personally find the "findings" to be full of it.
Yeah and a magical man in the sky with powers to cure diseases, end famines and change the properties of water into another drink is believable. Ok buddy.

Yeah and a magical man in the sky with powers to cure diseases, end famines and change the properties of water into another drink is believable. Ok buddy.
So something as smartly designed as a human just popped up out of no where. Or just made itself. That sounds a lot more plausible.

Well you should read the article, cause that is not what the evidence is showing.

Now you are back-tracking saying that GPS is ok but phone should be voice only. Well my phone is my GPS. So are you going to activate only my GPS app on my phone supreme overlord? And for voice only, is that incoming only? Can I dial? How about emergency numbers? What should I be allowed to do?
This isn't rocket science.

You shouldn't have any hands-on control of your device while in motion, nor should the device be able to play movies/TV shows or video games while in motion.

Basically, rather than try to EXCLUDE things, you simply set a "in motion" command that includes a list of functionality that will work that can include:
1) Handsfree calling (including "911")
2) Handsfree navigation (voice commands)
3) Handsfree text-to-speech

Its NOT about personal responsibility, because you are responsible for more than yourself. If its just about your own safety, I can give two rats asses if you are juggling chain saws in your free time. When you are piloting a 3,000 pound missile at 70mph, you have a level of responsibility to me and to everyone else in society that you may put in harms way.

That means, NO:
1) You cannot text your friend back behind the wheel
2) You cannot dial your friends phone number
3) You cannot type in "Chinese food restaurants" or "5555 Anywhere Lane, Fucksville NC, 555255" in google maps while in motion
4) You cannot watch an episode of family guy while driving down the road
5) And Christ, no, you can't play a video game like Pokemon while driving.
If people don't have it they pay.
No, its proven without a doubt its impossible to police, as its too common and there aren't enough officers and you can't see that someone is screwing off from your squad car from a distance to catch the offenders. And no THEY don't pay, everyone else does.

Somehow in the 90s, we did not die by having to put our texting on hold for the 30 min drive in to work, and somehow the current generation can survive as well.

This isn't rocket science.

You shouldn't have any hands-on control of your device while in motion, nor should the device be able to play movies/TV shows or video games while in motion.

Basically, rather than try to EXCLUDE things, you simply set a "in motion" command that includes a list of functionality that will work that can include:
1) Handsfree calling (including "911")
2) Handsfree navigation (voice commands)
3) Handsfree text-to-speech

Its NOT about personal responsibility, because you are responsible for more than yourself. If its just about your own safety, I can give two rats asses if you are juggling chain saws in your free time. When you are piloting a 3,000 pound missile at 70mph, you have a level of responsibility to me and to everyone else in society that you may put in harms way.

That means, NO:
1) You cannot text your friend back behind the wheel
2) You cannot dial your friends phone number
3) You cannot type in "Chinese food restaurants" or "5555 Anywhere Lane, Fucksville NC, 555255" in google maps while in motion
4) You cannot watch an episode of family guy while driving down the road
5) And Christ, no, you can't play a video game like Pokemon while driving.

No, its proven without a doubt its impossible to police, as its too common and there aren't enough officers and you can't see that someone is screwing off from your squad car from a distance to catch the offenders. And no THEY don't pay, everyone else does.

Somehow in the 90s, we did not die by having to put our texting on hold for the 30 min drive in to work, and somehow the current generation can survive as well.

But nobody stopped texting. The same idiots who text while driving keep on texting.

Well my work here is done.
Thread is a complete fucked up mess.

Feels good to know i played a part.

Like catching a squirtle.

I just got to this post and the only thing I saw that is a fucked up mess in this entire thread is your posts. Funny video and what an idiot! People really need to learn to set aside their devices when operating a vehicle and this goes for texting if not worse playing this stupid game.

So something as smartly designed as a human just popped up out of no where. Or just made itself. That sounds a lot more plausible.
That's actually what the religious believe. Science and reason would never claim such horseshit.

Only religious folk think that science is a religion too. But nothing in science is taken as granted. We propose theories and then test them, or we do experiments and measure / observe the results. And if a new testing methodology turns up that says our previous conclusions were not entirely correct, we're still happy because we learned something new again. Science never had all the answers and never claimed to have them either. We're just putting together the puzzle slowly and steadily, and we know more by every discovery made. It would be a sad day for science if we could say that we know everything and it will never be achieved. Because total knowledge is a ludicrous idea only claimed by religion.

It claims to have all the answers, but you have to accept them without explanation and questioning inconsistencies in it is considered blasphemy. So which religion is right then since all of them have a somewhat different explanation on things.
If religious books had divine inspiration, why do they all mirror the values held by the people living during the era of their writing? Surely god has better morals than bronze age humans, no?

Well my work here is done.
Thread is a complete fucked up mess.

Feels good to know i played a part.

Like catching a squirtle.
I've never seen a troll lay back in appreciation of his work. Well there is a first for everything.

A super being attributed with the ability to break the laws of physics doesn't exist because he would break the laws of physics. Kind of defeats the purpose. It's like saying a computer programmer that created a virtual world can't break the physics in the world he programmed. Therefore computer programmers can't exist. Statements like these are opinions made to sound like a deduction.

Ways to get shot:

1) Hit a police car at a high speed in the inner city.
2) Get out of your vehicle after #1 occurs and BEFORE the police officer ask you to.
3) Waving your hands around with something small and black in your hands after doing #1 and #2

She's damn lucky. What a dumb ass. Especially with a kid in the back seat.

Ways to get shot:

2) Get out of your vehicle after #1 occurs and BEFORE the police officer ask you to.
3) Waving your hands around with something small and black in your hands after doing #1 and #2

Nah, stopped with turn signals flashing in the middle of the road. Not very threatening. BUT, holding something in your hands? Not looking the police officer in the eye? DUMB.

So OFTEN?

How many accidents a day occur from people texting or doing anything on the phone?
Do you have statistics to back that up?

Or are you just posting crap about Pokemon? Between your stupid laser pointer posts and these, man, can't you find any real news?

over react much?!?!?!#%3 oh yo.

My buddy recently started playing this and he told me he was doing his rounds one time and he noticed a police car was doing the exact same route/stops ahead of him.

We're guessing the cop was also playing it.

Bite me. This was already posted in the forum by someone else as a joke and was funny.
Posting it as a "this shit has to stop" article is bullshit.

It is just pig-piling on the Pokemon hysteria like a fucking lemming. A cheap shot. Low hanging fruit.

If people want to bitch about Pokemon that is their choice and I can bitch that it is fucking stupid. How about all the people getting exercise and meeting people and having a great time? How about the *news* that a decent mobile game has actually changed so much in such a short time?

There is alot of good in the game and reporting only the bad incidents is one sided and biased.

You are right though, it is a NO BRAINER. No thought required to pick these articles for further agitating anti-pokemon hysteria.

Getting worse than Glen-Fucking-Beck

wow. deep breaths.

Edit: made it a few more posts down the line. The posts sound fanatical. It's just a game...

Ways to get shot:

Agree and disagree, I can see how an officer could have thought that hit was intentional. Either as an ambush or the person simply missed them, today is a scary time. And yeah, probably not wise to jump out and wave something around, most guns don't glow though...

On the other hand, if you watch the video, that's how police officers usually react to ANYONE, no MATTER the skin color. He was just worried they had been injured. That's what makes me so damn angry with all this BLM stuff. I know a lot of LEO's, every single one of them are good people. And yes, there are obviously a few out there that are not. The most hilarious? One of them is constantly being called a racist, all the way up to booking...where his black wife works. He just casually asks the perp if they would like to meet his wife, that shuts them up realll fast. Too much stupid on this planet. And too many politicians taking advantage of the stupid. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would make the claim that this is all being drummed up before the election on purpose. Even the violence. We know some people will do anything to stay in power.

Vote - Drumpf

Ways to get shot:

I think one of these in yore back pocket will help too.

gun-cell-phone-case-660x458.jpg

But nobody stopped texting. The same idiots who text while driving keep on texting.
Yup, there is no way we can rely on everyone to volunteer not to text/play games/watch shows/ dial numbers while driving nor can we expect police to catch even half a percent of people that do this to act as a deterrent and change behavior.

The only solution is to create a law that dictates that all carriers are forced to push an update that creates a "in motion" profile that disables hands-on functionality of the phone.

Will this inconvenience passengers? Absolutely, just as open alcohol container laws inconvenience passengers who aren't allowed to drink even if they aren't driving. The lives and billions of dollars in various damages (medical/property) is worth it.

Next thing we will see if someone in a random country trying to catch a Gyarados and end up finding the ruins of Atlantis or El Dorado!!! Or maybe even finding a real Pokémon! Oh shit man... Where's the real life Ditto! I want to have fun with that Pokémon! Haha! But... Most likely we'll see more jackasses that aren't staying aware of their surroundings. I swear... As soon as I heard about this games development I though, "Welp, someones going to die for a freakin Gyarados."

Next thing we will see if someone in a random country trying to catch a Gyarados and end up finding the ruins of Atlantis or El Dorado!!! Or maybe even finding a real Pokémon! Oh shit man... Where's the real life Ditto! I want to have fun with that Pokémon! Haha! But... Most likely we'll see more jackasses that aren't staying aware of their surroundings. I swear... As soon as I heard about this games development I though, "Welp, someones going to die for a freakin Gyarados."

Is... Not if... Got a little anxious on this topic. Been a Pokémon fan since 1995.

Oh, and don't forget that science has PROVEN that hands free driving is JUST AS DANGEROUS as just talking on a cell phone.

'Science' doesn't 'prove' anything... science isn't an entity capable of thought and its job isn't to provide proof of anything. I feel I'm being pedantic but the word "proven" IS in caps ;-) I'll crawl back into the hole from whence I came.

So to the people wondering if the game disables itself over a certain speed. No. the only thing that happens is you don't get credit for hatching eggs. hatching eggs has to be done at walking / biking / jogging speed. something like 10MPH and no faster. at higher speeds you can still get credit for Pokestops and can catch pets if you are quick enough to engage them as you are moving by. They shouldn't disable this because its not an issue if you are on the bus or a passenger in a car. Bottom line don't drive and do Pokemon! I'm 37 years old and i love the shit out of this game, but i have played pokemon since it first came out almost 20 years ago. This is why you see "old" people like myself playing it. Not only is it a ton of fun, but it's a major nostalgia since its the original Pokemon from the first game.

Back