Pokémon GO Blamed For Illegal Border Crossing

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Two youths who were “unaware of their surroundings” made an illegal border crossing from Canada into Montana. I thought the concept of augmented reality was supposed to encourage you to be more attentive to the world around you.

The two, who were not identified, were found by U.S. Border Patrol agents on Thursday, with their attention affixed to their phones as they were trying to hunt down cartoon characters on a journey that took them over the border. "Both juveniles were so captivated by their Pokémon GO games that they lost track of where they were," said Michael Rappold, a spokesman for the agency. The two were reunited with their mothers at a nearby border patrol station, the agency said.

tumblr_lvsvovux5C1qcj7k0o1_500.gif

Stupid borderlines getting in the way of my goal to catch em all! My question is how far across the border did they go?

Come on Donald Trump we need you elected to get a laser fence with cluster mines and a moat with alligators in it to stop illegal border crossings like this!!
Well, if we did have a wall, they would know that they'd be illegally crossing a border, now wouldn't we? I'm sure they'd have to make a greater effort to get over a wall.

Well, if we did have a wall, they would know that they'd be illegally crossing a border, now wouldn't we? I'm sure they'd have to make a greater effort to get over a wall.
Walls have never kept people out who wanted to get in, EVER in all of human history. Sure though lets bankrupt our country building a wall across the U.S.A. Canada border to keep out Pokemon GO players.

We were talking about putting a wall up ourselves but we decided a curb is more than enough to stop a scooter.

This is awesome. Those kids will have a good story to tell for years to come.

Walls have never kept people out who wanted to get in, EVER in all of human history. Sure though lets bankrupt our country building a wall across the U.S.A. Canada border to keep out Pokemon GO players.
How would it bankrupt our country when mexico's paying for it?

China did a pretty good job keeping the Mongols out with their wall. Also, Bankrupt our country? You wanna see bankruptcy? Just wait until the 15 dollar an hour minimum wage is put into place when all the small business go under & you'll never be able to make your own because you can't afford the healthcare or minimum wage to pay them.

China did a pretty good job keeping the Mongols out with their wall. Also, Bankrupt our country? You wanna see bankruptcy? Just wait until the 15 dollar an hour minimum wage is put into place when all the small business go under & you'll never be able to make your own because you can't afford the healthcare or minimum wage to pay them.

I am super curious how many government subsidies for illegals (over a five year stretch) it would take to cover the cost of building a wall. I don't think the wall will ever get built even if Trump wins, I just want to see the data.

Some people are just stupid, they would have just done something else just as stupid if there was no Pokemon Go. On another related topic, I can't believe anyone is this into Pokemon Go, it's such a shallow game with barely any point to it. It may be trendy now but I doubt it will last long.

P.S. If you guys want to build a ridiculous wall across the border I'm all for it, as long as the Canadian Citizens don't have to pay for it. It might cut down on the drug and gun runners who are pretty much the only people sneaking across the border. J/K, of course it wouldn't.

Being someone who's never walked across a border.... what is there to tell you that you are crossing the border? Don't think the article shows where they crossed, so it's safe to assume that it might not be on the road where a sign might be. So if that were the case, why would they be stupid, if they didn't know and had no signs to tell them otherwise?

Being someone who's never walked across a border.... what is there to tell you that you are crossing the border? Don't think the article shows where they crossed, so it's safe to assume that it might not be on the road where a sign might be. So if that were the case, why would they be stupid, if they didn't know and had no signs to tell them otherwise?
There arent fences all along the northern border, They could have just been in a forest and went too far south, This type of thing confuses me as well, there could be motion sensors and posts every hundred feet or so

Walls have never kept people out who wanted to get in, EVER in all of human history.
Even if this were true (which it's not) it's not even a valid argument. "No one's ever been to Mars so we can't ever go!" - Mong00se. 'Walls' keep 99.98% of what are mostly violent prisoners out of society that want out of state prisons everyday of the year for decades/centuries. Its like you're saying since it's not 100% foolproof that we shouldn't have walled prisons either then. Stupid, I know. I'm pretty sure walls work so well we all even started using walls for our homes, too. Sure you could break in through some weak spots (which will be well documented and restrengthened) but you're also going to jail with even more charges (like destruction of property).

Securing the border(s) is more than just a damn 'wall', period. It's about stricter laws enforcing legal immigration (around one million people legally become US citizens every year), actually removing illegals once detected within the interior of the USA (which Obama has slowed down or damn near stopped then lied about it), and in doing so saving US citizens lives as thousands of people have been killed by illegal immigrants over the years that shouldn't have even been here to begin with. There are some of the most violent street gangs in the USA in southern California alone with tens of thousands of illegals in them. Building a wall, increasing the number of border patrol agents necessary to properly cover it, and using newer technologies like earthquake sensors that are fine tuned to detect tunnels being dug around and under the 'wall' will without a doubt stem the flow of drugs, illegal immigrants, and potential future terrorists (If you hate this site there are many other places providing these facts and Obama isn't one of them).

Sure though lets bankrupt our country building a wall across the U.S.A. Canada border to keep out Pokemon GO players.
This is nothing more than clueless. If the USA was going to go broke over a $10-$20 billion dollar securing the border(s) project we're already fucked, period. The USA GOV could find $25 billion under the couch cushion to secure the border(s). It's funny to me how everyone that claims the wall just won't ever work just happens to also support illegal immigration (breaking US laws) in all forms. Meanwhile this is the norm in Mexico right now.

Mexico is stopping more unauthorized Central American immigrants at its southern border. The Mexican government said in 2014 that it would increase enforcement at its southern border in response to an increased flow of Central Americans traveling through Mexico to reach the U.S. In 2015, the government there carried out about 150,000 deportations of unauthorized immigrants from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, a 44% jump over the previous year. These three Central American countries alone accounted for nearly all (97%) of Mexico’s deportations in 2015. Source

Last edited:
Here's what ranchers along your US - Mexican border think about a wall. "Time will tell whether the Arizona rancher is forced to blend into the Outback, but his assessment of Mr. Trump’s plan is just as succinct. “To say you’re going to build a wall from Brownsville to San Diego?” he says. “That is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. And it’s not going to change anything.”" http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/us/donald-trump-wall-immigration-ranchers.html?ref=todayspaper

And yes, the border between the US and Canada is well marked. The border is cleared to 3 metres on either side of the line. The border is marked by concrete or marble or wood markers, each visible to the other. The border is also monitored electronically, especially in the area where this happened. You can read more about that here. Photographer's eyes opened on epic road trip along Canada-U.S. border

US isolationism and Donald Trump won't solve anything. But we will have to wait until November to find out if that is true. Me? I believe it is.

“To say you’re going to build a wall from Brownsville to San Diego?” he says. “That is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. And it’s not going to change anything.”

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. These ranchers are probably right but only for the fact that the US government and the richest Americans want all these illegals here (maybe everyone does and I'm clueless). They wouldn't have given them sanctuary cities if they didn't. Obama wouldn't have stopped the 'removal' of illegals from the interior of the USA if his administration didn't want them all here. The wall would absolutely work (as a symbol and in function) if they beefed up the number of border patrol agents to man the wall and used the right technology to insure it stays intact. However the law of the land has to come first or the wall won't matter and that's what the ranchers really felt here in my opinion. The thing is what a lot of the regular people want and the US government wants are two different things. The US GOV needs a lot more future tax payers and a lot more cheap laborers today.

So of course it won't work, because they don't actually want it to work, and would try their hardest to make sure it didn't work under Trump as well. It might all change under a Trump presidency though, or it might not, but I'm gonna vote for Trump to find out.

This rancher from your linked article definitely knows what's up though. :ROFLMAO:
Ed Ashurst, 65, an outspoken rancher who manages land about 20 miles from the border, is more assertive, but he needs to address something else first. “I’ll be straight up with you,” he says with a scowl. “If Hillary Clinton gets elected, I’m moving to Australia.”

Last edited:
The US GOV needs a lot more future tax payers and a lot more cheap laborers today.

Thing is though, most Illegals will never pay their fair share of taxes. America doesn't need cheap labor. We are supposed to be setting the Gold Standard. What we need is to bring back all of the businesses that we have given to other countries like Mexico. Instead of building factors in foreign countries, we need to set them up in failing towns to bring back revenue, like Detroit for instance. And don't give me that "They do the jobs that we won't" BS. If a person needs to feed his family, he will take whatever job he can get. See: The Great Depression.

Wait until this 15 dollar an hour minimum wage gets implemented. You're going to see people get taxed through the roof. That's the Democrats plan to pay down the national debt. They make the debt & have the citizens pay for it.

Last edited:
...Democrats plan to pay down the national debt. They make the debt & have the citizens pay for it.

Yeah, it's just too bad that the only president within my life time that could be called anything close to fiscally responsible was Bill "depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" Clinton. And yes, it hurt to write that.

The Reagan administration started the latest trend of deficit spending. Bush's kept it going. Clinton's made efforts to table spending and actually started paying down the debt. As we know, GW's era gave us two foreign wars, the recession and TARP. During Obama's tenure the trend continued, both due to continuing the bailout and the recession having gutted tax revenues.

Fucking facts, getting in the way of partisan politics since The Roman Republic.

US-national-debt-GDP-graph.png

Yeah, it's just too bad that the only president within my life time that could be called anything close to fiscally responsible was Bill "depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" Clinton. And yes, it hurt to write that.

The Reagan administration started the latest trend of deficit spending. Bush's kept it going. Clinton's made efforts to table spending and actually started paying down the debt. As we know, GW's era gave us two foreign wars, the recession and TARP. During Obama's tenure the trend continued, both due to continuing the bailout and the recession having gutted tax revenues.

Fucking facts, getting in the way of partisan politics since The Roman Republic.

You do realize that the debt incurred during a presidency isn't always due to that president, right?

Maybe I wasn't that clear on what I was trying to say. It goes back to this 15 dollar an hour minimum wage their talking about. The Democrats want the minimum wage increase to happen so they can gradually start taxing people more to pay for the national debt. So in the end, even though 15 dollars an hour looks good on paper, people are still going to be the same as they are now (probably less because their hours will get cut to part time) Frankly, I look at it as a form of slavery.

Why should we the citizens have to pay for the debt created by the Governments lavish spending habits?

I keep hearing about this $15 an hour craziness. For the sake of the employees I would immediately lay off were it to come to pass, I hope this is just talk. It would kill off most small retailers outside of the major metropolitan areas practically overnight, and many other small employers simply would not be able to afford it. $15 an hour could be absorbed by some large employers, especially considering their smaller competitors would be forced out of business by it.

Here's what ranchers along your US - Mexican border think about a wall. "Time will tell whether the Arizona rancher is forced to blend into the Outback, but his assessment of Mr. Trump’s plan is just as succinct. “To say you’re going to build a wall from Brownsville to San Diego?” he says. “That is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. And it’s not going to change anything.”" .
To be fair ranchers have historically been against any kind of walls or boundaries as much like illegals they believe they have the right to graze anywhere

At least there is one perk for being an Island Nation: it's pretty obvious where the borders are, the sea.

At least there is one perk for being an Island Nation: it's pretty obvious where the borders are, the sea.
Eh.... not really, most borders go a couple of miles out into the sea/ocean.

Here's what ranchers along your US - Mexican border think about a wall. "Time will tell whether the Arizona rancher is forced to blend into the Outback, but his assessment of Mr. Trump’s plan is just as succinct. “To say you’re going to build a wall from Brownsville to San Diego?” he says. “That is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. And it’s not going to change anything.”" http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/us/donald-trump-wall-immigration-ranchers.html?ref=todayspaper

And yes, the border between the US and Canada is well marked. The border is cleared to 3 metres on either side of the line. The border is marked by concrete or marble or wood markers, each visible to the other. The border is also monitored electronically, especially in the area where this happened. You can read more about that here. Photographer's eyes opened on epic road trip along Canada-U.S. border

US isolationism and Donald Trump won't solve anything. But we will have to wait until November to find out if that is true. Me? I believe it is.

Avoiding any politics and staying on subject. I was going to post this as well about the border being clearly defined. It is very clearly marked: http://i.imgur.com/jiTQz.jpg . They probably didn't care that they were crossing the border as it is such a sparsely populated area and kept going. I'm sure the last thing they were expecting was to be picked up by the border patrol.

Back