PNY RMA Question

The Cobra

2[H]4U
Hi Folks,

Over teh last few weeks, my 2nd card running in SLI was starting to run really hot. My system stared to freeze when running most games with SLI turned on. I turned it off, the system ran great.

Test the first card, ran perfectly. Took out the first and replaced it wot the second card, sure enough, the system would hang and I was getting some really bad artifacting.

The cards are both XLR8 PNY 580 GTX's I have never had to RMA a PNY card before as they have always been pretty reliable. I took a look on their website and it states that you need the receipt where I purchased the card from in order todo an RMA. (Fry's in Fremont, CA) I have no idea what I have done with the receipt as it has been almost a year. I have a box with all my pc odds and ends (screws, old receipts, ect ect for my current build) I have the receipt for my good card, but no the bad one becasue the recepts have the SN of teh card on it in case I have to return in within 30 days.

Has anyone dealt with this certain process before? Not having a receipt but being able to RMA the bad card for a replacement?

Any help is appreciated.

Thx!!!!

I always keep my receipts and put them in the box the card comes in. you really need to just call them and see what they say but I had to have my receipt when I did an RMA with them a few years back.

Go to Fry's and they can reprint your receipt as long as you paid with a credit/debit card or check. Cash and your S.O.L.

PNY is very strict on their receipt policy, so expect them to return your card unrepaired if you send it in without a copy of your receipt enclosed.

You can also contact your credit card company to help you find the purchase and then go to fry's with the information to facilitate the process of finding a copy of your reciept.

Go to Fry's and they can reprint your receipt as long as you paid with a credit/debit card or check. Cash and your S.O.L.

PNY is very strict on their receipt policy, so expect them to return your card unrepaired if you send it in without a copy of your receipt enclosed.

You can also contact your credit card company to help you find the purchase and then go to fry's with the information to facilitate the process of finding a copy of your reciept.

Thx for that info. Would it be possible for me to go to ANY Fry's? Or do I have to go to the one I purchased it from? Just because the one in Fremont is 50 miles from my house and the one in Palo Alto is only 30 miles...

Thx...

Thx for that info. Would it be possible for me to go to ANY Fry's? Or do I have to go to the one I purchased it from? Just because the one in Fremont is 50 miles from my house and the one in Palo Alto is only 30 miles...

Thx...

You should be able to go to any Fry's AFAIK

You should be able to go to any Fry's AFAIK

I have been on vacation the last week, I return to SF tomorrow. I will hit up my frys near Palo Alto to get my receipt.

Thx for that Info!!!! That will save me a lot of time...

Well, I came back home, got the receipt, called PNY today after calling them in December when they told me that I needed my orig receipt , asked if I registered my name on their website (Said yes)

Then they proceeded to tell me that since my card was not registered within the 90 day window, I only have a 1 year limited warranty on the card instead of the "Lifetime" warranty...WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

The orig card was purchased on 12/15/201. I called them on the 18th of December of this year....3 days to late!!!!

Are you fucking kidding me? Is this the way to treat a customer who has been loyal to PNY for at least the last 10 years since I purchased the 4800ti and every card since then from you folks with the exception of ATI for one year?

I did what you wanted...I found the receipt...now you give me some bogus excuse for being outside the 1 year limited warranty since I had my name registered by not the actual card?

The next 24 hours are going to be very interesting....

Last edited:
Well, I came back home, got the receipt, called PNY today after calling them in December when they told me that I needed my orig receipt , asked if I registered my name on their website (Said yes)

Then they proceeded to tell me that since my card was not registered within the 90 day window, I only have a 1 year limited warranty on the card instead of the "Lifetime" warranty...WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

The orig card was purchased on 12/15/201. I called them on the 18th of December of this year....3 days to late!!!!

Are you fucking kidding me? Is this the way to treat a customer who has been loyal to PNY for at least the last 10 years since I purchased the 4800ti and every card since then from you folks with the exception of ATI for one year?

I did what you wanted...I found the receipt...now you give me some bogus excuse for being outside the 1 year limited warranty since I had my name registered by not the actual card?

Damn dude, I'm sorry. I hope they can do something for you. They historically have been very strict with their policy. Most companies give you 30 days and may be flexible if you registered a day or 2 late. From my experience PNY gives you 90 days but absolutely no slack. If you registered on the 91st day then you may be SOL.

As much as it sucks you have to deal with it. Its displayed on several spots of the product box, manuals, and warranty card.

^ This.

I made sure to register my PNY cards as soon as I got home. Sucks man :(

That's so funny because I had almost the exact same thing happen to me with a Viewsonic monitor. About 3 years ago I bought a 24" FP monitor from newegg, 1 year and 2 months after I bought it, the power supply went out on it. The monitor was supposed to have a 3 year warranty on it. First they gave me flack about getting a receipt, which I did from newegg, then they tryed to tell me I didn't register the product with their system, (which I did and still had all the info), then finally, they informed me my PARTICULAR monitor, only had a ONE year warranty, despite what Neweggs website, the box the monitor came in AND the owners manual said. Bottom line, I got screwed out of a monitor and didn't get mine repaired or replaced.

I was a loyal Viewsonic customer for a long time, I've probably had 10 of their monitors over the last 15 or so years, but never again. Before I buy computer parts now days, I troll the forums for bad experiences with RMAs/Warrantys and steer clear of those products.

I was a loyal Viewsonic customer for a long time, I've probably had 10 of their monitors over the last 15 or so years, but never again. Before I buy computer parts now days, I troll the forums for bad experiences with RMAs/Warrantys and steer clear of those products.

Thats getting rare. There are alot of people on here who push asus products and are either fanboys disregarding Asus problems or people who dont search on here. Ive even shown then the information and shared my experience and seen people say itll be fine.

Damn I just had a Quadro P5000 16GB die on me and I didn't register the card within the 90 days. I will have to check the new rules to check if there have been any changes to their RMA policy. Noticed that a lot of manufacturers accept RMAs just by submitting the SN.

I believe without registration you may have 2 or 3 years from the purchase date on the receipt with PNY

Back