PNY PC-3500 any good?

tdg

2[H]4U
PNY memory used to be good and was all I used back in the 72 pin SIMM days, but anymore its not too impressive. If you already have PNY you could get another matching stick but I would go with a different manufacturer. PNY is kind of like Kingston and several others in that they are just an assembler, they buy the memory chips from another manufacturer and then assemble them on the PCB, but the last few new sticks of PNY I've seen they were using generic or low end chips.

I had two 512's in my NF7-S with no problems, (11 x 190) but I am running Corsair LLPT's now. The lower timings on the Corsair let things run a little faster at the same buss speed. I would recommend the Corsair kit over the PNY for performance gain, PNY for price.
I put the PNY in my old KX7-R though, and it really perked the old box up because it will run a lower timing than the 3200 I had in there. (2400+ @166 x 12). I think it even improved the look of the graphics when I play a DVD.
I guess the bottom line is, would you rather have faster performance with the Corsair at a higher price, or double the size of your memory for cheap?

I have found KingMax to be a good alternative to value based RAM like PNY. I have gotten their PC3200 and PC3500 and have had good overclocking results with my NF2U400 board.

Back