PNY or BFG 6800GT?

afmo

n00b
Im not sure what to get the bfg is a little more though.

Im thinking BFG :cool:

The BFG has a better warranty and the company that makes it provides better support, so for the money you're better off with that one unless you can get an extremely good buy on another brand. I supposedly got a good deal on a PNY GT ($330) from Buy.com, but it looks like the card will never ship, so I just ordered a BFG instead. I'll cancel whichever one doesn't ship first.

I have no problems with my PNY Geforce 6800GT. It runs smooth and the OCing was great!

My PNY 6800 GT at 410/1.1, Hot little bugger! Great fast fun folks

lol it's ok

ill probably go with BFG cause of the warranty

any idea on when theyll have solid drivers?

edit: also wouldnt I get giant performance gains if i went from a 9600non pro to a bfg 6800GT oc at 420/1.1?

tranCendenZ said:

heh, the "in stock, same day shipping" comment doesnt mean jack with Outpost cuz they hardly ever update their site and when they do, it'll say something like "call for availability".

but even that wont do jack for you cuz most of the time when you do call, even the sales people have no clue as to if the cards are in stock or not. :rolleyes:

that being that, I would rate Outpost.com on the same BS scale as Dell. try to avoid them at any/all costs.

Ya know afmo I don't think it's so much about speed
(yes it will go faster, nearly doubled my 5950Ultra scores)
((don't flame, I know speed helps))
But that card ran real well, What is more amazing is the rendering quality. Shadows,lighting and detail are noticeably better!

As far as drivers, I'm using 61.72 seem to be OK. Aqumark 56829, 3Dmark 11652

Not to detract from BFG, but my PNY is running at 429/1150, so I'll put in a vote for it

you know whats funny is that one of BFG's claims is that they go through the trouble of putting thermal paste on the GPUs of their cards while other companies just use thermal pads.

well, I took the cooler off my PNY GT yesterday and guess what? it had thermal paste. now, I will say that the memory heatsinks did have thermal pads but none the less, I was surprised to see the paste on the GPU.

not that it mattered anyways cuz I took that stuff off and used some AS3 instead. did it help my temps or my O/Cing results? no, not really but we all know that AS3 cant hurt anything.

I just ordered a BFG from compuplus. It was that or pick up a PNY from compusa locally, and I figured I'd try BFG since I'd heard alot of good about them.

I have the PNY but its all about $$$. If the BFG and PNY were being sold at the same price then I'd get the BFG since its OC'ed and PNY didn't include the CD like they should have.

Back