PNY offering RMA Promotion to BFG Customers

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
via OCN (Munkypoo7)

Starting today, PNY will be offering up to a 25% discount on a selection of PNY GeForce graphics cards,
valid only to existing BFG Tech graphics card owners. Consumers can choose to send in either a
functioning or non-functioning graphics card in exchange for the discount. Discounts are off of MSRP
pricing and are only attainable via PNY.com. This program is available for a limited time and will only
be in effect until October 31, 2010.

http://www3.pny.com/NewsEvents/PDFS...ics_Card_Promotion_for_BFG_Tech_Customers.pdf
http://www3.pny.com/homepage.aspx

Nice. At least PNY has decided to *somewhat* pick off some of the slack.

EDIT: MSRP - (upto?)25% is how they are running the pricing.

I guess it depends on which generation of cards you send in. Maybe someone can get more info on that.

I hope PNY or some other company steps in to take BFG's place.

Isn't about 25% off msrp what you would get from places like newegg and amazon?

Nice, I like the part of defective or working because it gives people who have defective BFG card something they can do ethically to recoup some of that money the invested in BFG.

Well Played PNY ;)

not really a good deal with 460 and 465s for about 150-160s at egg and valu.. hmm... they retail the regular 1gb 230 oced 1gb 250... hmm..

So my BFG 6600 gt is still worth something after all! Looks like it's worth about $125! LOL Thanks PNY, now if I only had the extra money for that XLR8 GTX 480.

Prices could be as low as $375 for the GTX 480, which is a pretty good deal, but I looked and their 460's aren't in stock, but advertised as "coming soon."

@ 25% less of their listed prices, the entry-level 1GB 460 could be had for around $171 and some change, but I am uncertain that you'd get the full 25% off of such a popular card (even if it was in stock), and believe that, since the 480's ARE in stock, the full discount would be most likely to apply. If the 460 was the price as above, this would be the deal of the day.

Then, consider the % discount might apply to which model BFG you're turning in. I would doubt that a 6600GT would net you the whole she-bang, but I've been wrong before. Would be smart of PNY to do just to move product and get their name out more.

So my BFG 6600 gt is still worth something after all! Looks like it's worth about $125! LOL Thanks PNY, now if I only had the extra money for that XLR8 GTX 480.

I doubt that they are going to do that. :D still it would be damn nice to someone whose BFG GT200 based card crapped out. likely to make some loyal customers. I really though that galaxy or evga would be doing this

actually I would have laughed my ass off if XFX had started doing it with the HD series :D

Just got off the phone with PNY, and, indeed, the larger discounts will apply towards trade-in of higher models (and, I would assume, for higher models as well.)

So...you can forget the whole "bought a cheap 6600GT off of eBay" for 25% off the 1GB GTX 460, I'm pretty sure.

They'll have a website up within the next few days with more specifcs, I was told.

It's Good to see PNY help out I just bought a BFG card because of the name and lifetime warranty and this option helps takes the sting of BFG closing their video card a little bit easier.

Just got off the phone with PNY, and, indeed, the larger discounts will apply towards trade-in of higher models (and, I would assume, for higher models as well.)

So...you can forget the whole "bought a cheap 6600GT off of eBay" for 25% off the 1GB GTX 460, I'm pretty sure.

They'll have a website up within the next few days with more specifcs, I was told.

Well thier newsletter didn't really explain that too well. And btw, I bought that BFG 6600 gt new and it has been thru their RMA department and is actully still in use in my Mother-in-laws computer that I gave her. I just figured she and I might like a little upgrade!.

That is a great coupon for BFG owners, but some of you make sure you read the fineprint on the PNY lifetime warranty so you are not disappointed.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I had a BFG 285 OC crap out on me awhile ago. Only had it for 90 days. The Customer service was decent, but there cards obviously lacked quality.

I have had a PNY XLR8 GTX260 192sp for over a year and a half. Runs like a champ. Never crashes, never over heats, nothing. Loving it.

Good Info!

Well,at least it gives those with defective cards a chance to get at least a discount on a replacement.But it's no bargain if you have a working high end card. Then again,I really have no interest in Nvidia's current cards,if they dealt in ATI cards I might take them up on it.

I'm still pissed about this BFG deal, I had a RMA number given to me for a GTX280 and they would not let me send it in because "they had to wait till they had a replacement in stock" and in the end it was just a stall tactic till they closed shop. Now I'm left with an expensive paper weight.

Nice to see PNY try to help some people out.

Awesome. I've got a 8800GTS 320 sitting here kinda useless and this would be a great way to upgrade for a little less money. Major points for PNY for stepping up to do this.

Excuse me but is this a little bit confusing as to the price?

http://www3.pny.com/MarketingPromotions/BFG_RMA.aspx?Category_ID=448

What am I missing?

4.Ship the video card to PNY Technologies using the label you received:
Please use either UPS or Fed-Ex so you can track your package. PNY is not responsible for any lost shipments. All cards must be postmarked by October 31, 2010 to be eligible.

5.Once PNY declares that the sent video card is indeed from BFG Tech the customer will receive an email regarding the unique (one time) promotion code (which will be contained in an encrypted link) that can be used to purchase a PNY video card for up to 25% off prices on PNY.com. Prices are fixed and the discount will not be displayed.

6.After the purchase of a PNY video card with the discount code, which includes shipping, the system will display the Sales Order information.

I've still got a working BFG 6800, 7950, and 8800GT. Too bad I just bought two Zotac 470 GTX's. I'll probably be holding onto them until October to see how this pans out.

I've still got a working BFG 6800, 7950, and 8800GT. Too bad I just bought two Zotac 470 GTX's. I'll probably be holding onto them until October to see how this pans out.

2 Zotac GTX's and you Just bought them, how soon is just? Past return policy or not yet past return policy.

We're talking $150 per GTX 480 if the previous posts were correct x2 = $300. My loyalty is to my wallet. If I were in your shoes and could return those Zotac cards they'd be UPS'd tomorrow. :D

Wow, this is a sick deal. This will earn them some fanboys.

Did PNY have fans before this? I always thought of them as almost exclusively selling to OEMs.

Wow, this is a sick deal. This will earn them some fanboys.

Did PNY have fans before this? I always thought of them as almost exclusively selling to OEMs.

I liked the PNY cards I had before, but I heard their warranty service wasn't that good.

This is a good idea but their implementation is horrible. First of all it will cost you $30 to send the card in. But you don't even know how much of a discount you will get until it's sent in? it could easily be less than $30. Then you don't know if their prices are any better than the egg or whatever. Then how much do they charge to ship it to you?

I certainly wouldn't send any working card in.

This is a good idea but their implementation is horrible. First of all it will cost you $30 to send the card in. But you don't even know how much of a discount you will get until it's sent in? it could easily be less than $30. Then you don't know if their prices are any better than the egg or whatever. Then how much do they charge to ship it to you?

I certainly wouldn't send any working card in.

Their prices are listed on their website.

Edit: And if it costs you $30 to ship a GPU you're paying for some expensive ass shipping.

Last edited:
2 Zotac GTX's and you Just bought them, how soon is just? Past return policy or not yet past return policy.

We're talking $150 per GTX 480 if the previous posts were correct x2 = $300. My loyalty is to my wallet. If I were in your shoes and could return those Zotac cards they'd be UPS'd tomorrow. :D

I got them from the egg a few days ago, my only return for refund option would of been refusing the package back on Monday.

I also don't follow you on the $150 per 480 GTX. Going off their website, which is slightly confusing, you either get a $399 480 GTX or 25% off a $399 480 GTX. Now, $300 480 GTX's would be worth it, but right now, it doesn't seem like that is the case.

Their prices are listed on their website.

Edit: And if it costs you $30 to ship a GPU you're paying for some expensive ass shipping.
It cost me around $30 to ship my RMA back to BFG with insurance. This is in canada though (shipping within canada) so I dunno.

And the prices (on their site and at newegg) could easily change by the time your shipment gets their and they approve it.

I stand by my suggestion not to send them anything of any value whatsoever.

I got them from the egg a few days ago, my only return for refund option would of been refusing the package back on Monday.

I also don't follow you on the $150 per 480 GTX. Going off their website, which is slightly confusing, you either get a $399 480 GTX or 25% off a $399 480 GTX. Now, $300 480 GTX's would be worth it, but right now, it doesn't seem like that is the case.

I was wrong it's about $100 off each GTX 480. You have 2 cards that you could send in and get 2 GTX 480s at $100.00 off each. I was just saying that If I were you can could return them I would cause my loyalty is to my wallet and even $200 is alot of money. ;)

Back