Suck It

Why cnt we have new modern tech also cooled by such elegant solution?🥰on the trend were heading at the moment, we will soon need central AC attachments to cool the GPU.
When high-end GPUs had a TDP of 45 watts, there was a lot more flexibility in implementation. It wasn't all sunshine either - small metal heatsinks meant small, high RPM fans, and that era had primitive fan control. I like that era of tech, but fiddling with heatsinks and fretting over replacement aftermarket HSF solutions when the tiny, dust-clogged fans petered out was a component it's easy to forget about.

Nevertheless, I can't believe we're at a point when a Ti 4600's going for triple digits again.

I guess I should put mine up for auction. I have a Chaintech. Anyone remember them ?

I still can't get over the prices on these artifacts. I get that everyone might want an old Voodoo card as a keepsake, but this is just a generic random geforce. This should be worth like $10 at this point, and it's AGP so you have to find an equally ancient motherboard to house it.

I think my geforce 3 topped out at 1024x768? Which was fine back in the day but now? Might need to find an old monitor to go along with it.

I still can't get over the prices on these artifacts. I get that everyone might want an old Voodoo card as a keepsake, but this is just a generic random geforce. This should be worth like $10 at this point, and it's AGP so you have to find an equally ancient motherboard to house it.

I think my geforce 3 topped out at 1024x768? Which was fine back in the day but now? Might need to find an old monitor to go along with it.
Not all old video cards are valuable. Typically, the top model from a series will command a much higher price in comparison to lower models in the same series.
The ti4600 was the top geforce4 series card (the ti4800 is just an agp 8x of the same card) hence the high price.
Plus, this is one of the best video cards for windows 98/dos gaming so if you're into retro gaming, this card checks all the right boxes.

Not all old video cards are valuable. Typically, the top model from a series will command a much higher price in comparison to lower models in the same series.
The ti4600 was the top geforce4 series card (the ti4800 is just an agp 8x of the same card) hence the high price.
Plus, this is one of the best video cards for windows 98/dos gaming so if you're into retro gaming, this card checks all the right boxes.
pretty much anything that used to be really cool becomes valuable again after depreciation. The Ti cards were definitely cool. It also seems a ton of them don't work anymore or were scrapped, so rarity is also boosting value. I had so many of these cards I lost count when I was trying to get one that would set some sort of OC record. I think they are 315MHz (*correction: 300Mhz) stock? And ti4400s were 275? Man it sounds like forever ago when we talk about clock speeds that low.

Back